1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by Ragnarok, Sep 27, 2010.

1. 123fakestreet

123fakestreet Metalopolis King

I believe it becomes base 80 when someone switches though I could be wrong. Tbh is doesn't really matter as scizor only ever pursuits things it knows are going to switch eg choice locked latios or chandelure. Otherwise u turn would be the better option if whatever is switching isn't frail as hell.

Ok now a scizor Related question. I am going to be needing a BULKY scizor set as a U turn pivot for a team. my requirements for said set are the following.

Must be able to take both physical and special hits

Must not have life orb though leftovers are not 100% necessary

Must be able to atleast do 80% to a fleeing latios with pursuit

Would be nice to outspeed most bulky Magnezone but by no means necessary as this requires a lot of speed. Then again I don't need much attack on this. If any...

Dont give me a smogon spread either because I need this guy as a defensive pivot with u turn and roost. Tyvm in advance.

2. Comments in bold :)

3. abrar14

abrar14 Statter Master

I also have a scizor question>.>

Should i run quick attack on my choice band technician Scizor for pokemon that resist bullet punch?

4. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

Yes, that or pursuit.

5. Pokemonpal7

Pokemonpal7 Jungle Ninja

Which would be better as a wall? Blissey or Ferrothorn? And which item would be better on Ferrothorn- Rocky Helmet or Leftovers?

6. depends on what you're trying to wall.

and leftovers is generally the better option.

7. Lord Zoroark

Lord Zoroark Master Tactician

Thanks, scraftyscrafty.
    In the Accelgor vs. Infernape scenario (see my earlier post), how about if Whimsicott used Stun Spore (and it hit)? Would Accelgor still go first if it had just been paralyzed?

8. No it wouldn't. Speed drops are applied immediately.

9. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Leftovers for Ferrothorn. I've tested it myself.

As for a wall, it would really depend on your team. They both do good jobs at what they're supposed to do, but ones more of a mixed wall and one is more special.

Of course, if you choose Blissy, I'd suggest teaming it up with a Skarmory. If you choose Ferrothorn, I'd suggest teaming that up with a Jellicent. If you don't have room for two walls, try Porygon2 I guess, but two walls is generally better.
    Yes. It's the way the mechanics work. The order they attack is determined before the round of the battle starts. It's impossible to change the order once the pokemon start to use their attacks.

10. Lord Zoroark

Lord Zoroark Master Tactician

11. +0; normal

12. Zachmac

Oops, I mis remembered...I think I was thinking of something else.

My bad.

13. Verus_Nox

Verus_Nox New Member

Online Gyms?

Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd post it here. Does anyone know if there are any online gyms (ie, people from around the world who have formed a group of gyms for anyone to challenge) or is there anyone interested in forming one? PM me if you have details, thanks! :)

14. Zachmac

How about this?

Or maybe this?

15. Verus_Nox

Verus_Nox New Member

Not quite what I'm looking for. I'd prefer a chain of Gyms for Trainers to take on before taking on any of those Leagues. And I'm definitely not interested in the Battle Frontier. Thanks, though :)

16. Rhys29

Rhys29 Encore

So I'm trying to build a team around Nidoking and I'm wondering what others' thoughts are on teammates. This will be for the OU environment. The set I will be using is the following.

Name: Nidoking
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Timid
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

I'm unsure which Pokemon I should pass to him with. Venomoth is pretty fun and can add status to my team. Gorebyss is a cool candidate, but it doesn't really do anything spectacular other than pass. I could also use Smeargle since he has 100% accuracy sleep. Thoughts?​

17. Pichu47

Pichu47 Fear Me, If You Dare

Set looks good. Use flamethrower, fire blast is overkill and less accuracy. I think you should use gorebyss, since they have relatively good synergy, and gorebyss can be a devastating sweeper with shell smash, hydro pump, ice beam/baton pass

18. ashsinnoh

ashsinnoh Well-Known Member

You could also run paralysis support, together with Wish support. Jirachi is perfect candidate here. Venomoth could eventually work as well as Smeargle, but then you need spinner for them to work. I think Starmie could do well here, as a offensive pivot as well as spinner. I could eventuall talk alot here, but if you want me to help you, you can always PM me. Hope I helped a bit. ^^

19. Serpentine

Serpentine Pokemon Breeder

Hey I'm trying to think of a EV spread for a Defensive Dusclops

I'm thinking 252 HP, 126 Def, 126 Sp. Def.
    You know, since Dusclops has such horrible HP and already amazing Def and Sp.Def. Or should I go with 252 Def, 252 Sp.Def, 4 HP.

20. Serpentine

Serpentine Pokemon Breeder

Go with Flamethrower. It has a higher accuracy and you're losing your burn chance anyways so that doesn't matter.

As for partners. Baton Pass and Quiver Dance with Venomoth. You get SpAtk, SpDef, and Spd. Most of Nidoking's weaknesses are from special attacks. Most water moves, almost all psychic moves, a lot of ice moves, and Earth Power and Mud Slap. Then there's the possibility of using a Masquerain. It's slower and its defenses are only a little better, and it has a x4 weakness to Rock moves, but it has Intimidate which is good.

Then there's Volbeat which has Tail Glow and Baton Pass. Two Tail Glows, then pass, but he's a little fragile.

Gorebyss and Huntail are also good choices since they can baton pass Aqua Ring. They have high defenses, but low speeds and HPs. Other options are Floatzel who has high Speed and low Defenses with I guess an okay HP, or Vaporeon with a really good HP and okayish Defenses with the capability to pass on Acid Armor too.

One more thing you could do is a really long chain of Baton Passing, but it's annoying to do.

You want to give your Nidoking as much Sp. Atk as possible as well as Speed and HP would be useful if you're holding a Life Orb. I think you can Baton Pass Ingrain. Not sure what else. Maybe Substitute would be useful.

As for Double Battle Offensive Partners, I'd have something that covers its weaknesses. Most of yorus are covered by STAB weaknesses, but there are Psychic moves and Normal types so I'd say have something that knows Ghost Moves or Dark Moves, then Fighting moves. Having fighting moves has extra benefits since it covers five types like Ground. There's a lot of overlap though.