• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
HP always improves defensive capabilities more then other stats, unless it's got massive HP and pitiful defenses.

Go for max HP. Definitely.

BTW, if you're using dusklops, it's best to half teammates who know wish and/or heal bell.
I'd rather have Aromatherapy since I like Grass Pokemon. Also I'm teaching him Pain Split and giving him an Eviolite.

Ludwig

I'd rather have Aromatherapy since I like Grass Pokemon. Also I'm teaching him Pain Split and giving him an Eviolite.

It will survive better if it got wish support, or uses rest. Either rest with heal bell/aromapherapy support or restalk. Restalk is risky in 5th gen due to sleep count reseting when you switch, but it is still successful, especially in 3v3 singles on random matchup because you will likely switch less.

I have pokemon that im using rage power to sheild. If the rage power pokemon needs to attack, would you use protect or make a substitute to protect the other one.

I think sub because it would protect in the case a rage power fails.

so protect or substitute for the last move

Rhys29

Encore
Then there's Volbeat which has Tail Glow and Baton Pass. Two Tail Glows, then pass, but he's a little fragile.
Well, I have to say you gave me more information than I bargained for. I did like the idea of Volbeat, but I don't see Nidoking threatening as much without his Speed boost. Salamence, Jirachi, Celebi, Starmie, Landorus, Terrakion, Dugtrio, Haxorus, Latios/Latias etc. all outrun and have the potential to OHKO.

One more thing you could do is a really long chain of Baton Passing, but it's annoying to do.
A BP Chain. I used to play this a long time ago. I was more looking for a single teammate that I can use to pass either Quiver Dance or Shell Smash. BP Chains are nice to pull off, but difficult to keep momentum (especially since Trap Passing doesn't work any more T^T).

You want to give your Nidoking as much Sp. Atk as possible as well as Speed and HP would be useful if you're holding a Life Orb. I think you can Baton Pass Ingrain. Not sure what else. Maybe Substitute would be useful.
Uh, yes, those were my Evs... I would like to avoid Baton Passing Ingrain. It takes up another slot on Smeargle and on top of that, if somehow I'm being walled to death or run into something that can threaten Nidoking (ex: CB Weavile or Sp.D Swampert), there's no way of protecting him. I haven't seen much phasing, so I'm not that worried about it.

In addition, a new question: has Moxie Heracross been released yet? And if so, has it had any affect on the metagame?​

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Well, I have to say you gave me more information than I bargained for. I did like the idea of Volbeat, but I don't see Nidoking threatening as much without his Speed boost. Salamence, Jirachi, Celebi, Starmie, Landorus, Terrakion, Dugtrio, Haxorus, Latios/Latias etc. all outrun and have the potential to OHKO.

A BP Chain. I used to play this a long time ago. I was more looking for a single teammate that I can use to pass either Quiver Dance or Shell Smash. BP Chains are nice to pull off, but difficult to keep momentum (especially since Trap Passing doesn't work any more T^T).

Uh, yes, those were my Evs... I would like to avoid Baton Passing Ingrain. It takes up another slot on Smeargle and on top of that, if somehow I'm being walled to death or run into something that can threaten Nidoking (ex: CB Weavile or Sp.D Swampert), there's no way of protecting him. I haven't seen much phasing, so I'm not that worried about it.

In addition, a new question: has Moxie Heracross been released yet? And if so, has it had any affect on the metagame?​

No Moxie Heracross. And it would affect the metagame, but it's easily countered by a powerful flying attack.

Oh, if that's what you want I'd say Gorebyss or Huntail is your best bet. They can Baton Pass, use Aqua Ring, and use Shell Smash. You're not tied down like with Ingrain, it's only one Pokemon, only downside is your lowered defenses, but you'll be fast and have a strong attack.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
For a standard DD Haxorus, is 136 a good amount of Speed EVs? After one DD, it just edges out positive nature base 130s who don't have Scarf. Is there really any reason to run any more or less Speed than this? Everything else can go into HP, which is cool.

Vandslaux

LO Jolteon: Rain counter? Outruns ScarfToed, outruns +1 DDNite and hits w/ HP Ice, has SE Thunderbolt for Tentacruel, and he outruns every non-Scarfed Rain abuser and gets SE moves vs several common Rain abusers, like Latios, Tornadus, and Starmie. LO Thunderbolt also 2HKOes Scizor. Only screwed vs Scarf Rotom-W, but I can switch in on Volt Switch and gain momentum with my own Volt Switch on the obvious switch, and Ferro.

And what are some good teammates for Jolteon? Obviously, something that can take on Sand, like Skarm, and he can also provide Spikes for making Jolteon's job easier: hit hard, hit fast.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Im currently making a team so far and I have 2 pokemon in mind.
I'm using this set for a scrafty, and I plan to use a Latios also, any ideas for a moveset?
Scrafty @ Leftovers
Jolly/Moxie
252 Atk 252 spd 4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Ice Punch

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
DW Dragonair

I've been thinking about it lately, Dragonair gets Marvel Scale in the DW, boosting it's defense when it's status'd. Would an Eviolite Dragonair using Rest, Sleep Talk, Dragon Dance and maybe Dragon Tail be beastly er wha? i'm thinking 252HP EV's and split the rest in defenses with a +SpDef nature.
I don't know, it's food for thought i guess.

And an unrelated question as well, passing Wish is as simple as switching to the receiver, right? I've never played much with it.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I don't think you can get sleep talk with Marvel scale because it's a DW ability. I might be wrong though. Shed skin usually works better anyway since you will have another slot for an attack.

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Likin the dragonair idea. And yes, epic

Yea, wish is just healing by 1/2 casters hp on whomever is out when it comes true
Ninja'd

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I don't think you can get sleep talk with Marvel scale because it's a DW ability. I might be wrong though. Shed skin usually works better anyway since you will have another slot for an attack.

ah, you're right. it can't get sleep talk, and has no reliable recovery to use with a toxic/flame orb. i was hoping i could make a crazy phazing wall.

richm88

shiny hunter
Anybody know a goodmovest I could give my EV trained emboar

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Anybody know a goodmovest I could give my EV trained emboar

Emboar

I'm looking for a reasonably bulky physical attacker to use in OU who can survive long enough against a rain team that's lost its Politoed or a sand team that's lost its Tyranitar to set up Sunny Day as interference weather. Preferably it could also benefit from its own sun in some way, either Chlorophyll or Leaf Guard or being a Fire-type or what-have-you. Any suggestions?

richm88

shiny hunter
Thanks for that.very helpfull

wildbiscuit

One Tough Cookie
Off the top of my head, I'd say Arcanine might do this.

You'd have to watch out for Stealth Rock, though.

Zachmac

I'm looking for a reasonably bulky physical attacker to use in OU who can survive long enough against a rain team that's lost its Politoed or a sand team that's lost its Tyranitar to set up Sunny Day as interference weather. Preferably it could also benefit from its own sun in some way, either Chlorophyll or Leaf Guard or being a Fire-type or what-have-you. Any suggestions?
Dragonite maybe? DD/Dragon Claw/Fire Punch/Sunny Day?

It could also boost the HP fire of the lati twins.

Don't get boosted STAB, but their coverage moves become more reliable.

Ludwig

Emboar

Tangrowth. Assuming that only physical bulk is enough.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
If you were to baton pass a Shell Smash to a Regigigas, would it remedy it's speed and attack enough for it to be useful? Or will it still be slow and weak?