• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Ludwig

If you were to baton pass a Shell Smash to a Regigigas, would it remedy it's speed and attack enough for it to be useful? Or will it still be slow and weak?

Try using substitute and protect with leftovers to stall for 5 turns instead of baton passing.

Ludwig

I'm pretty sure it doesn't get protect. Of all the moves it can learn it doesn't learn the most simplest.

Remove the pretty. I checked it and it's true that it doesn't get it.

It also can't learn rest, but it can learn sleep talk.

Can a pokémon successfully use the moves protect and endure after eachother, like protect, endure, protect, endure, etc?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I don't think it work, but if it did you would have to be faster than the opponent so you could endure first ans stay alive.

Zachmac

Can a pokémon successfully use the moves protect and endure after eachother, like protect, endure, protect, endure, etc?
Nope, I learned that the hard way.

It think it did in a previous gen, but it doesn't in gen 4 or 5.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Keldeo might work. It can abuse the rain with its Water type and help eliminate Ice types (although nobody uses Ice Pokémon; only Ice moves).

Thanks but I don't use Pokemon that haven't been released or Pokemon that are legendaries, I kind of think it's unfair since they have higher stats.

Zachmac

Thanks but I don't use Pokemon that haven't been released or Pokemon that are legendaries, I kind of think it's unfair since they have higher stats.
Unreleased pokemon usually aren't allowed, but there is nothing wrong with using legendaries. Higher stats don't always mean better, typing and moves are also very important. let's take Raikou for example. It's stats are good an all, and electric typing isn't half bad, but it's not really amazing either. 115 special attack and speed are good, but it's only stat boosting move is calm mind, which is better for tanks then sweepers, and it has to use hidden power for good coverage.

Just saying.

A dragnite parter...Ferrothorn should work, it can take out most pokemon that carry ice attacks. To tell the truth, ice types are actually pretty rare in OU. Most ice moves you'll see in OU are carried by water types and donphan's ice shard. After that, it's just Cloyster and Mamoswine that have ice STAB, both of which are checked/countered by Ferrothorn.

Don't counter the type it's weak to, counter the pokemon that often carry the moves of that type.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Unreleased pokemon usually aren't allowed, but there is nothing wrong with using legendaries. Higher stats don't always mean better, typing and moves are also very important. let's take Raikou for example. It's stats are good an all, and electric typing isn't half bad, but it's not really amazing either. 115 special attack and speed are good, but it's only stat boosting move is calm mind, which is better for tanks then sweepers, and it has to use hidden power for good coverage.

Just saying.

A dragnite parter...Ferrothorn should work, it can take out most pokemon that carry ice attacks. To tell the truth, ice types are actually pretty rare in OU. Most ice moves you'll see in OU are carried by water types and donphan's ice shard. After that, it's just Cloyster and Mamoswine that have ice STAB, both of which are checked/countered by Ferrothorn.

Don't counter the type it's weak to, counter the pokemon that often carry the moves of that type.
I'm kind of new to competititve battling so I don't know a lot of things, but thank you very much.

irock245

She wants it
What pokemon is the best counter to sandstorm abusers? I would like a counter not relying on weather.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
What kind of Abusers? Rock types in Sandstorm who abuse the SpD boost? i don't what else there is, but what kind of abusers?

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
2 things...

1. I know DW Bulbasaur has been released, but was it male only?

2. Aside from one requiring sun and one requiring rain, is there a functional difference between Hydration and Leaf Guard? In other words, can Leafeon abuse Rest in sun the same way Vaporeon does in rain?

Ludwig

2 things...

1. I know DW Bulbasaur has been released, but was it male only?

2. Aside from one requiring sun and one requiring rain, is there a functional difference between Hydration and Leaf Guard? In other words, can Leafeon abuse Rest in sun the same way Vaporeon does in rain?

1. Bulbasaur was both male only and Japanese only, meaning that the only nicknames longer than 5 characters that it can have are "Ivysaur" and "Venusaur" and those are only obtainable by evolving it on an English game (not which letters are capital and which aren't).

2. Hydration heal status problems, leaf guard prevents them. Leafeon would not be able to do rest abuse in the sun (I tried it). It will however not be affected by any status problem that isn't self inflicted (I assume not self inflicted because it fell asleep when using rest). Example: toxic wouldn't work on a leaf guard Leafon in the sun, but if it is used before the sunny weather starts, it won't disappear due to the sun.

Psypert

What pokemon is the best counter to sandstorm abusers? I would like a counter not relying on weather.

I would say Virizion, both STABs are super effective against common sand abussers, not to mention is fast enough to outspeed them

What kind of Abusers? Rock types in Sandstorm who abuse the SpD boost? i don't what else there is, but what kind of abusers?

Besides T-tar? I think Terrakion, he might be a sweeper but it can take special moves nicely thanks to the sand, Regirock with curse and sand is a huge threat even more in trick room

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Are there any actually effective users of Struggle Bug? I really wish Snarl had been released -_-
Also, does Snarl reduce the foe's SpA by one or two stages? pretty sure it's one. I've been trying to incorporate Struggle Bug into my team since i already have plenty of burn inducers.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Are there any actually effective users of Struggle Bug? I really wish Snarl had been released -_-
Also, does Snarl reduce the foe's SpA by one or two stages? pretty sure it's one. I've been trying to incorporate Struggle Bug into my team since i already have plenty of burn inducers.
It's one. And I can't think of any good struggle bug users off the bat. It's power is just too low.
And IIRC, you can breed snarl to certain pokemon through an event Zoruark.