• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Does anyone know a good moveset for infernape?

Infernape @ life orb
Blaze
Naive
252 atk / 4 sp atk / 252 spd
Close combat
Overheat/ Fire blast
Stone edge / hidden power ice
U turn

Use overheat with stone edge or Fire blast with hp ice. You can dump in more so atk ev's if necessary

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Mixed please

A good moveset for a mixed Infernape is:

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Naive/Hasty
Iron Fist (if you can get it)

Close Combat/ Focus Blast
Overheat/ Fire Blast
Thunderpunch
HP Ice/U-Turn/ Stone Edge/ Mach Punch if you have Iron Fist

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I want to use an snorlax for my team. However, i am not sure how to EV it.

The snorlax is careful natured and he will function as the premier Special wall of the team with Curse in it's dissposal.
252 hp - 252 sp.def is an awfull EV spread for snorlax. Smogon says 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
But this set holds to many Def ev's for my general team, as my all-round team has quite the bulk in defence, I want him to be more bulkier in sp.def

Does anyone has suggestion for an creative EV spread that will still do the trick?

Thanks.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I want to use an snorlax for my team. However, i am not sure how to EV it.

The snorlax is careful natured and he will function as the premier Special wall of the team with Curse in it's dissposal.
252 hp - 252 sp.def is an awfull EV spread for snorlax. Smogon says 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
But this set holds to many Def ev's for my general team, as my all-round team has quite the bulk in defence, I want him to be more bulkier in sp.def

Does anyone has suggestion for an creative EV spread that will still do the trick?

Thanks.

A Snorlax with that spread will still be incredibly specially defensive. You'll still wall any UU special threat easily. OU is a different story, but Snorlax isn't OU. In UU, the strongest special attacker you'll have to worry about is Zapdos, and that set laughs at Zapdos. What exactly is it you're worried about facing in particular that will require more special defense? See, that set was very carefully calculated so that you can survive specific targets, without wasting EVs in either defensive stat. If you can wall the strongest special attacker in the tier, why do you feel like you arbitrarily need more special defense?

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
A Snorlax with that spread will still be incredibly specially defensive. You'll still wall any UU special threat easily. OU is a different story, but Snorlax isn't OU. In UU, the strongest special attacker you'll have to worry about is Zapdos, and that set laughs at Zapdos. What exactly is it you're worried about facing in particular that will require more special defense? See, that set was very carefully calculated so that you can survive specific targets, without wasting EVs in either defensive stat. If you can wall the strongest special attacker in the tier, why do you feel like you arbitrarily need more special defense?

I'm quite new to the UU department as I am more known with NU, and I have to say your words are excellent.
I was affraid for high damage when I have to switch in for special attacks such as Porygon-z who also has Nasty plot, or any nasty plot users in general who also happen to have Hidden power fight. I think I'll just keep the smogon set then, thank you for the help

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I'm quite new to the UU department as I am more known with NU, and I have to say your words are excellent.
I was affraid for high damage when I have to switch in for special attacks such as Porygon-z who also has Nasty plot, or any nasty plot users in general who also happen to have Hidden power fight. I think I'll just keep the smogon set then, thank you for the help

I haven't played competitively for a few months, but when I did play, I always liked UU the most. I don't think I ever personally saw a Porygon-Z. The ones you will see will have Agility instead of Nasty Plot, making Life Orb Zapdos still a stronger special attacker, and Mienshao is a pretty hard counter to Porygon-Z. Kinda off topic, but since you're building a UU team, Mienshao is (or at least was when I played) the best Pokemon in that tier.

Joe321

Nooby Trainer
After a long break from Black 2 I decided to boot it up and make a "Dream Team", but I have a couple of questions that hopefully some wonderful person can answer.

Team will consist of Salamence, Alakazam(Beardy from Accumula), Houndoom, Lapras and Heracross. What other pokemon would round off the team nicely?

Also I'm deciding to ev train them for the pure banter of it, 'Beardy' has a timid nature which is perfect- but I can't remember if in game traded pokemon have evs already in them or are they at 0?

I highly doubt I'd be using them for competitive battling, only for a few friends now and then. If you want to suggest any movesets or ev distributions go right ahead though, I was just planning to go off Serebii/ Smogon or whatever.

Cheers

MCBarrett

MCBarrett
After a long break from Black 2 I decided to boot it up and make a "Dream Team", but I have a couple of questions that hopefully some wonderful person can answer.

Team will consist of Salamence, Alakazam(Beardy from Accumula), Houndoom, Lapras and Heracross. What other pokemon would round off the team nicely?

Also I'm deciding to ev train them for the pure banter of it, 'Beardy' has a timid nature which is perfect- but I can't remember if in game traded pokemon have evs already in them or are they at 0?

I highly doubt I'd be using them for competitive battling, only for a few friends now and then. If you want to suggest any movesets or ev distributions go right ahead though, I was just planning to go off Serebii/ Smogon or whatever.

Cheers

Looks like you could use a rapid spinner/ physical wall since you have 3 stealth rock weak pokes. Forretress seems to fit the bill nicely, plus he can set up hazards to compliment your Moxie sweepers. Also for Alakazam I would say that Focus Sash is nearly always superior to Life Orb so I would definitely recommend that as well. Hope I helped!

Joe321

Nooby Trainer
Hmm yeah I think I'll check out Forretress a bit more.

Could you tell me if Alakazam has any evs put into it from the trade? Sorry to be a pain it's just I haven't played in so long :(

MCBarrett

MCBarrett
Hmm yeah I think I'll check out Forretress a bit more.

Could you tell me if Alakazam has any evs put into it from the trade? Sorry to be a pain it's just I haven't played in so long :(

yeah, he doesn't have any evs when you get him

McDanger

I'm rather new to this, and I was building a team around Braviary. Which kind of team works best around him, and what role does he fit best? Thanks in advance!

braviary functions best as a scarfed revenger, but has a nice bulk up set, and he works best on offensive and balanced teams

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Are people afraid of Sandstorm teams?
I was on Pokemon Showdown I found the website a while back, it's pretty nice for testing out teams(I'm use to Wi-Fi competition rules not the communities so the rules are a little strange for me).
I was just on there a few minutes ago just messing around with my soon to be team. The first five people I found left on the first turn. The sixth person I found typed this "Noooooo, oh god plz NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!"
Are some people seriously that afraid of Sandstorm teams, or do they honestly not know how to counter them?
After that person left I actually found someone who would battle me, they used a rain dance team.

My team btw is:
Tyranitar
Flygon
Jellicent
Garchomp(suppose to be Excadrill but it's banned)
Reuniclus
Scizor

Is it just because of some of the Pokemon I have on my team or is it seriously the thought of facing against a Sandstorm team that's really freighting to some people.

Greekboy

I'm EV trainng my Sigilyph, but after a good 6 kos on basculin with a macho brace i haven't gotten a single stat boost in speed, what am I doing wrong?

Are people afraid of Sandstorm teams?
I was on Pokemon Showdown I found the website a while back, it's pretty nice for testing out teams(I'm use to Wi-Fi competition rules not the communities so the rules are a little strange for me).
I was just on there a few minutes ago just messing around with my soon to be team. The first five people I found left on the first turn. The sixth person I found typed this "Noooooo, oh god plz NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!"
Are some people seriously that afraid of Sandstorm teams, or do they honestly not know how to counter them?
After that person left I actually found someone who would battle me, they used a rain dance team.

My team btw is:
Tyranitar
Flygon
Jellicent
Garchomp(suppose to be Excadrill but it's banned)
Reuniclus
Scizor

Is it just because of some of the Pokemon I have on my team or is it seriously the thought of facing against a Sandstorm team that's really freighting to some people.

Your team is terrible, but the players on the ladder are slightly more terrible. Also the more you battle the more your ladder ranking will rise, and as it rises you will face better players.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
I'm EV trainng my Sigilyph, but after a good 6 kos on basculin with a macho brace i haven't gotten a single stat boost in speed, what am I doing wrong?

You might want a Power Anklet instead - the brace doubles EVs gained (so 2 EVs to 4EVs),but the anklet adds 4 speed EVs per enemy killed.
In this case with Basculin,you gain 6 EVs a match - much faster in the long run(if you need an anklet,I can lend you one :))
The side effect of all power items and macho brace is that your speed is reduced whilst it's equipped.The Basculin will be outspeeding you,and dealing a bit more damage than you'd like - pack a few potions,just in case.

^^^Probably just coincidence that so many people quit. People do get bored of PS after a while.

Probably nothing. If you are really eager to figure out how many EVs you actually have you can Pokecheck, but just because you havn't seen an increase in only 12 EVs doesn't mean that you aren't gaining EVs. If you are EV training and you don't want towither away in old age in the meantime, I suggest you get Pokerus and the various EV Bracers. Otherwise, with just the macho brace, you'll need to take out 63 as opposed to only 21 with a brace and Pokerus.

Astrint

Breeding Star
I have a question about Regigigas. If its ability were to change to insomnia before slow start wore off via worry seed, would its stats stay the same or revert to normal? I was thinking of how to use it and the only place I can imagine it being useful would be in the doubles and triples battles.