I've found that against stall, you pretty much need at least one of two things: a set-up sweeper or Stealth Rocks + (Toxic) Spikes. These two things can greatly hamper a stall team by punishing them for switching, or just boosting enough to rip through usual checks. If your team lacks these, stall teams will be a problem because they can continually switch into their checks for each of your Pokemon without much worry. Yes, it is possible to make a team without a set-up sweeper, but it can be rough if you are faced with a well made stall team. As for Rapid Spin, unless you're using 2 or more Pokemon weak to Rocks, not having it isn't too much of a problem.
Ok, thanks. I do have Stealth Rock, and now I'm considering turning my Choice Band Scizor into a bulky Swords Dance (252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD - Leftovers + Roost). Would it still be able to help against stall that way or would it be better to give it another more offensive EV-spread and item?
Aaargh millionth edit, I can't choose between the bulky SD and offensive SD set.
- Can actually counter Choice Specs Latios
- Better against Alakazam, Gengar, Latios and Latias
- Many set-up opportunities
- Small amount of power
- Trouble with walls
Offensive SD (200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe):
- Breaks through (some) walls
- Better against Reuniclus (at least, if it has Bug Bite)
- Can still check the fast Ghost- and Psychic-types but takes a lot of damage while doing so
- Can only revenge kill Choice Specs Latios, because it's 2HKO'd by Draco Meteor despite the Special Attack drop, Stealth Rock not even factored in yet, meaning it can't switch in and live the second one
- Can fake choice item with Iron Plate/Muscle Band (probably Muscle Band, so it still gets the OHKO on Reuniclus with Bug Bite).
Both have a small amount of lure support on my team (fast Toxic Heatran), and Skarmory can be overcome by Rotom-W and said Heatran. There are no other set-up sweepers on my team that could weaken the walls though, unless I find a way to fit in Gravity Landorus-T at the cost of weather (Hippowdon), but this would make me weak to Terrakion. I could swap out my Amoonguss for a Ferrothorn to better handle Specs Latios, but this would make me weaker to Low Sweep Breloom and Icy Wind Keldeo, because they could KO everything on my team except Latias (but Expert Belt Keldeo could beat it if I switch Latias in on the Icy Wind, same for Breloom if Bullet Seed hits 4 times or more), though Scizor can deal some damage before going down.
So that means:
Offensive Scizor + Amoonguss = only able to revenge kill Specs Latios
Offensive Scizor + Ferrothorn = only able to revenge kill Expert Belt Keldeo / Low Sweep Breloom
Bulky Scizor + Amoonguss = being able to counter everything, but perhaps having difficulty with stall/walls?
What should I choose?
OTL and here I was thinking I could make a decent team, dream = shattered.