• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

AromaFlora

floofy
Exeggutor doesn't learn Stealth Rock.

Substitute takes away 25% of Exeggutor's HP. Sitrus Berry activates when Exeggutor is at 50% HP, regenerating 25% HP back. Harvest allows the cycle to repeat.

Yeah, I was just shooting out an alternative since you seemed to really dislike Substitute. Really, if you're not using "this" or "that", then what else are you going to do with this Pokemon? Its value is decreasing into basically nothing if you aren't utilizing its tools correctly. If you don't use Substitute + Harvest, then you might as well make Exeggutor a Sunny Day sweeper.

That was an example. I know you would use HP Fire on a Glaceon, but what I was trying to show is that Ancientpower sucks. A lot. Psychic outdamages it.

Well, I guess you can use Sleep Powder over Substitute. Use Giga Drain / Psychic / HP Fire / Sleep Powder. It should be good enough. You won't be abusing its Harvest ability often, but it'll get somewhere.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
Ohh...I didn't realize that about sitrus berry and Sub....hmm....

Energy Ball has a shot at reducing the targets SD, but shoot for Giga Drain if I can get it to breed in.

I still detest Sunny Day and am planning for Harvest so Sub does sound a good one to have (now that I understand the interaction better).

HP Fire for bugs, grasses, and Ices....

and you said Psychic does better against Fires and Ices than AP? guess that means Too Bad for my male Tangrowth...although I had been considering it mainly because Rock moves are super effective against four of the five types Grass is weak to, with Poison being the exception (bug/fire/flying/ice). hmm...

SA nature, spd characteristic, Harvest, Sitrus berry; Substitute for sure....need to think a bit about what else, but this gives me a terrific start! Thanks guys!!

(and I wasn't trying to be difficult, I just didn't realize how useful Sub could be..I guess I got to disliking it 'cause I was using it incorrectly O_O)

edit: still don't follow the Choice Scarf math, though....

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
which is better for a cleric/wall umbreon with wish/heal bell:

-taunt/sucker punch
-toxic/pursuit

danburite3

So I'm thinking about using a Gligar, and I was wondering, does Eviolite stack with Power Trick?
IIRC, Eviolite boosts the Pokemon's actual defences not just their base stats, and Power Trick can then swap that beastly Defence stat with its Attack. :D

Or doesn't it work like that?

Rank noob when it comes to Competitive even though I've been a Pokefreak since the beginning. I asked in the DW Discussion thread, but this area seems more appropos:

Should I keep or SR this DW Harvest Exeggecute (female)?

If kept I'm thinking Special Sweeper...

Timid and Likes to Run with Barrage/Hypnosis/Uproar/Reflect

I'm thinking: keep Uproar and add Psychic/Sludge Bomb/Energy Ball with maybe Hidden Power over SB if it winds up something cool (like Water or Electric).

Ultimate plan is to EV train then breed for Ancient Power....

Opinions on the best DW Egg-set?

Give it a Leppa Berry and this moveset: Ancientpower / Substitute / Protect / Ingrain. Baton Pass an Aqua Ring and use Ingrain and you can use Substitute / Protect forever! Literally forever, Harvest means you never run out of PP with Leppa Berry so you can sit there stalling. Ingrain prevents phasing so Skarmory can't ruin your fun. I guess Taunt can be a problem but oh well. If you can set up somehow you can PP stall everything. If they attempt "switching" to also never run out of PP just use AncientPower until you reach +6 everything.

iBlade

New player here. Been using PO and have a few Qs.

One of the problems I'm having is against players using calm mind or other buff followed by heal, repeat a few times and then 1hk me. What are some common ways to deal with this situation?

Spikes. They seem so powerful from my perspective (as one who isnt taking advantage of them lol). I'm not even sure why they are in the game but whatever. What are some common ways of dealing with them. I'm using leftovers but doesnt seem like enough help.

Weather. What are some common ways to dismiss/ignore weather conditions if you arent running any, and are they worth using?

I'm sure I'll be back with more later. TY in advance.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
Give it a Leppa Berry and this moveset: Ancientpower / Substitute / Protect / Ingrain. Baton Pass an Aqua Ring and use Ingrain and you can use Substitute / Protect forever! Literally forever, Harvest means you never run out of PP with Leppa Berry so you can sit there stalling. Ingrain prevents phasing so Skarmory can't ruin your fun. I guess Taunt can be a problem but oh well. If you can set up somehow you can PP stall everything. If they attempt "switching" to also never run out of PP just use AncientPower until you reach +6 everything.

ROFLMAO OMG you're evil!! :D Right up my ally, but I think VGC might have an issue with such a blatant Stall-icute (assuming I ever make it to that point)...now for finally trouncing my buddy in Australia with his very lethal Swampert ::rubs hands together::

Spikes. They seem so powerful from my perspective (as one who isnt taking advantage of them lol). I'm not even sure why they are in the game but whatever. What are some common ways of dealing with them. I'm using leftovers but doesnt seem like enough help.

Ability: levitate
type: fly
item: air balloon

any one of the three should lessen or eliminate damage from spikes (unless I'm mixing my types again...spikes is a ground, right?)

Weather. What are some common ways to dismiss/ignore weather conditions if you arent running any, and are they worth using?

I ignore weather for the most part. be sure to wcath HP when in hail and dodge Solarbeam in sun and Thunder in rain. Otherwise weather is largely inconsequential.

("largely")

ROFLMAO OMG you're evil!! :D Right up my ally, but I think VGC might have an issue with such a blatant Stall-icute (assuming I ever make it to that point)...now for finally trouncing my buddy in Australia with his very lethal Swampert ::rubs hands together::

Oh, this was for VGC? In which case never mind, that Egg will only work in single battles. But if you can Baton Pass Aqua Ring with Vaporeon against his Swampert you pretty much win.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I know this might be in the wrong place, but I might as well ask it here:

If I have a Poliwag, throw an Exp. Share on it, and have it in my party while my EV'd Haxorus battles wild Frillish, does Poliwag get the Sp. DEF EV's? Pretty much, do Pokemon with Exp. Share get the same EVs, despite not being used in battle?

akasolidus

Hi, I'm running a nasty plot set for my zoroark. I am debating on what my last move should be. Currently I am using
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot

However I am debating whether to use extrasensory or focus blast. I plan on ev training my zorua in speed and sp atk but focus blast could give me more covering range as well as putting up a good show for when I use my infernape. Extrasensory would have less cover but could be a strong move with my nasty plot boost.

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
I know this might be in the wrong place, but I might as well ask it here:

If I have a Poliwag, throw an Exp. Share on it, and have it in my party while my EV'd Haxorus battles wild Frillish, does Poliwag get the Sp. DEF EV's? Pretty much, do Pokemon with Exp. Share get the same EVs, despite not being used in battle?

Yes, the pokemon with Exp Share will receive the EVs, same with switching out/in.

Hi, I'm running a nasty plot set for my zoroark. I am debating on what my last move should be. Currently I am using
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot

However I am debating whether to use extrasensory or focus blast. I plan on ev training my zorua in speed and sp atk but focus blast could give me more covering range as well as putting up a good show for when I use my infernape. Extrasensory would have less cover but could be a strong move with my nasty plot boost.

The correct answer is its really depending on the rest of your team especially when zoroark wants to disguise itself. Knowing there's an infernape alone doesn't tell us enough about the team. Focus blast in a nutshell I will say is better though since its easier to still make your opponent think your something else plus its just better coverage. This is very debatable though.

icemcdonald

i just made my first team of 6 and want to test it out. the only problem is that random matchup is only 3v3 and none of my friends play pokemon so i cant test it out with them. does anyone recomend where to look for casual 6v6 games?

i just made my first team of 6 and want to test it out. the only problem is that random matchup is only 3v3 and none of my friends play pokemon so i cant test it out with them. does anyone recomend where to look for casual 6v6 games?

http://pokemon-online.eu/ Download find sever, learn stuff, build better teams for in game, and have fun.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
Oh, this was for VGC? In which case never mind, that Egg will only work in single battles. But if you can Baton Pass Aqua Ring with Vaporeon against his Swampert you pretty much win.

Yes and No: VGC 2011 is B/W mon only so no in that respect, but yes as I can use it during day 1 as a curve ball ::snicker:: I can also curve my little egg at the aforementioned swampert. I mean who uses an egg competitively anymore? No one will expect it ;)

I do like that wall set for WFC though....

I was looking at skarms server stats (still am actually) and of the top 15 I've found 2 that might be a problem (though HP Ice should get them); AP as a rock is SE against at least 4 though so should I really dump it or should I maybe consider actually using it and tweak the move set some? About the only thing outright resistant to Rock is Fighting and Psychic can hit them...

Moveset options:

Substitute (for sure will be in)
Psychic/Psyshock
Energy Ball/Giga Drain
Ancient Power
Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)

Psychic and EB both have a shot of reducing SD so I'll liable use only one. From what I'm seeing everyone is cranking up SA and Spd with some tweaks to HP and one or two to DF. Psyshock is a SA that hits Df so maybe that with EB (a curveball from a Spec Sweep) or Psychic with GD (which everyone would expect)...decisions decisions...

and I am so kicking myself...someone make me feel not so bad, please O_O

In my exhaustion around 4 am last night I SR'd a Mild/alert/"fantastic HP"...is that as bad as it sounds or am I ok?

akasolidus

The correct answer is its really depending on the rest of your team especially when zoroark wants to disguise itself. Knowing there's an infernape alone doesn't tell us enough about the team. Focus blast in a nutshell I will say is better though since its easier to still make your opponent think your something else plus its just better coverage. This is very debatable though.

Its really much more for random matchup than real competitive battling. I typically use infernape, garchomp, and gengar. I've decided it'd be best to roll with focus blast since it can put up a show when disguised as infernape and for its greater coverage over extrasensory.

Dattebayo

Banned
Would a Adament/Jolly Victini be more recommendable due to having a larger physical movepool than special?

danburite3

Aw man, my question got bumped off. :(

What I wanted to know, is, does Eviolite (which boosts the Def and Sp. Def of an unevolved Pokemon) stack with the effects of Power Trick (which swaps Def with Attack)?

And, what happens after the stats are swapped? Does the new Attack stat keep the Eviolite boost, and does the new Defence stat get a boost?

What happens if I swap them again? Could I just keep going and going until my PP runs out, ending up with like, 1000 in each stat? :D