• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Should I EV Sp. Attk or Attk for my Zebstrika (Already EV'd in speed)?

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
If a pokemon with Sheer Force uses a move with multiple chance effects, like fire fang,
does the move get the power boost twice?

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Well, my question is if anyone knows a good setup for a Rash Zekrom. I was thinking mixed attacker, but that's generally as far as I can get.

Also: Anyone find a 5th gen only breeding pair up like Skitty on wailord yet?

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
do scyter and porygon2 get competitive upgrades this generation with that new item that boosts pre-evos?

I'm thinking adding porygon 2 to a rain dance team for type coverage

Porygon 2 with an "Evolite" is EXTREMELY hard to kill without Poison or Close Combat.

Scyther however still sucks because of Stealth Rocks and because he can't hurt Steels much.

No, it only works on drops the opponent uses (so in most cases it just makes you boosted by Intimidate)

Cometk

west side
Kyurem set

I'd drop Echo Voice for some Hidden Power. Dragon Pulse could also work for when Draco Meteor runs out or when you don't want the -2.

Does a Dream World Landorus's Hammer Arm lose its speed drop and gain power?

No, its speed drop is a primary effect while Sheer Force removes secondary effects. Hammer Arm gets no power boost.

@BH I'm assuming that you thought Landos DW ability was Defiant/Competitive Spirit. Its actually Sheer Force/Encourage though thats understandable since the other two genie things get Defiant from DW.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Speaking of Sheer Force, is Speed Priority affected?

Does sheer force effect moves that up crit ratios, and have perfect acuracy like airial ace?

^
No to both. Priority isn't affected and moves with crit ratios/perfect accuracy/etc are all primary effects. The ability boosts only moves with secondary effects which is almost always just a chance to Burn/Freeze/Paralyze/Flinch or something along those lines.

Porro88

Hi to all!
I have a question. I would like to partecipate to the official championship and so I have to build a competitive team, so I have to find a good Ditto to breed good IV pokemons. So this is my question. If I get an hacked Ditto from another player and I breed a pokemon, let's say a Snivy from my Serperior, will my snivy legit or not?
Hope someone can answer me

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
I have two questions:

1) What would be a good option for using a Naive Zekrom that is 'Alert to Sounds'? (As in, Special Attacker or Physical Attacker?)

2) In Fusion Bolt's description it says that it is powered up when influenced by a flame. Does this mean that if Fusion Flare and it are used at the same time they will be powered up or am I misreading this?

I have two questions:

1) What would be a good option for using a Naive Zekrom that is 'Alert to Sounds'? (As in, Special Attacker or Physical Attacker?)

2) In Fusion Bolt's description it says that it is powered up when influenced by a flame. Does this mean that if Fusion Flare and it are used at the same time they will be powered up or am I misreading this?

Naive Zekrom makes best use of a physical attacker with Draco meteor to lure in and KO Groudon. Something like Bolt Strike / Outrage / Draco Meteor / HP Fire is a reasonable mixed attacker. Depends on your team.

Fusion Bolt doubles in power when used after Fusion Flare, and vice versa. So if Reshiram attacks with Flare, then Zekrom attacks with Bolt then Fusion Bolt will have 200 base power. This is only useful really for double battles since both dragons have STAB super effective moves to hit the others with.

doku888

Where am I?
Shiny Accelgor Strategy

I'm not asking anyone to rate my Accelgor, I need a strategy for it. Sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm stupid. I consider this a competitive question because... well... it's a competitive question.

I was trying to track down Tornadus on my Pokemon Black when I accidentaly stepped in a patch of the wetlands. I rolled my eyes as the new wild battle music began and the screen started flashing, and I started button mashing A, as if it would make the scene go faster so my False Swipe Leavanny could run away.

The scene opened up, and a Shelmet popped out. Of course, I'd already caught one in Iccirus City before, but then... I noticed something.

It was shiny.

After letting out an uncharacteristic girly scream, I used two False Swipes and threw an Ultra Ball - leaving me with my first Generation V Shiny.

Excited, I ran back to the PC, switched to Box 8, and pressed Summary.

Zippen
Shelmet
Male
Careful Nature.

Careful? DANG IT!!! I knew that Accelgor was a special sweeper Pokemon, and a Special Attack hindering nature would.... hinder it. Heck, the first Shelmet I caught, Sir Robin, is even modest...

But I REALLY want to train a shiny Pokemon, instead of using it as breeding fodder like Generation IV's Shiny Sandslash.

So... I need some help. Here's the details that I've gathered up so far...

Zippen
Shelmet@???
Careful Nature
Hydration
(No EV's yet)
I definitely need 4 moves...

My idea: Rain wall
I already caught a Poliwag :B.... No. I dislike perma weather, because to me, it seems like cheating. But Accelgor can most certainly set up a Rain Dance, and then spam rest when it's in trouble... which will be often, considering those crappy defensive stats. Maybe U-Turn and Return for attacking moves? That's really Accelgor's only physical options, and it probably wouldn't be wise to use Sp.A in this case.

IV's. I tried going to Marriland, but their stat calculator changed, so... I couldn't figure it out. If someone could tell me where to find one, or I could just put them down now, and you could help me out by finding it, idk.

Good Perseverance? It has good perseverance. Does that have anything to do with IV's?

Shelmet
lvl 30
Hp 75
Atk 32
Def 64
Sp.A 27
Sp.D 55
Spe 25

Does shiny give it automatically good IV's? Because other than Special Attack, all of the stats are better than my other Shelmet.

Can you tell I'm a n00b trainer?

Believe me, any suggestions would be ever so appreciated. I want to use this little helmet soooo much, but... I'm not a very good strategizer.