• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Hi, I have a question about what pokemon I should put in the last slot of my team. It is for 3 on 3 random matchup for WIFI or battle subway. My lead is archeops, and my second pokemon is lucario. Any idea what pokemon would fit into the last slot?

I'd run Gliscor in the last slot it walls well immunity to electric/ground good resistance to fighting types. Not perfect but if not him something that can wall threats to your team well. Or just you know some sort of dragon and be hyper aggressive.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I'd run Gliscor in the last slot it walls well immunity to electric/ground good resistance to fighting types. Not perfect but if not him something that can wall threats to your team well. Or just you know some sort of dragon and be hyper aggressive.

Thanks, that really helped.

I found what seems like an OK triple battle strategy. Beware, some parts seem extremely stupid or even downright trolly at first. Here goes: In the middle we have a Scarfed Jolly Salamence or Krookodile with Moxie and Earthquake. On the sides: A Scarfed Hasty Whimsicott and a Scarfed Hasty Volbeat or Illumise, both have Prankster and they use Helping Hand (I know helping hand is already priority, but they could outspeed other priority mon with the boosts to speed, it's not like any of their other stats even matter at all). They both boost the Moxie pokemon's EQ with Helping Hand, which (hopefully) kills all pokemon on the field including allies to net it +5 ATK. Send in something that can use gravity holding a balloon (the bulkier it is, the better chance it will have to survive to use gravity, Nattorei seems good. Alternately, you could just max Spe and scarf something like Jirachi to let it outspeed the opponents with its gravity) so you can hit flying-types and levitators. With a +5 STAB Scarfed EQ, you just win. Other team slots can be filled with whatever you want, I guess. You could even throw in a Stone Edge user if you want.

Critique plz.

you know that helping hand has a higher priority then regular priority moves like aqua jet right? I think your being paranoid about adding prankster in that mix as well other wise cool.

I found what seems like an OK triple battle strategy. Beware, some parts seem extremely stupid or even downright trolly at first. Here goes: In the middle we have a Scarfed Jolly Salamence or Krookodile with Moxie and Earthquake. On the sides: A Scarfed Hasty Whimsicott and a Scarfed Hasty Volbeat or Illumise, both have Prankster and they use Helping Hand (I know helping hand is already priority, but they could outspeed other priority mon with the boosts to speed, it's not like any of their other stats even matter at all). They both boost the Moxie pokemon's EQ with Helping Hand, which (hopefully) kills all pokemon on the field including allies to net it +5 ATK. Send in something that can use gravity holding a balloon (the bulkier it is, the better chance it will have to survive to use gravity, Nattorei seems good. Alternately, you could just max Spe and scarf something like Jirachi to let it outspeed the opponents with its gravity) so you can hit flying-types and levitators. With a +5 STAB Scarfed EQ, you just win. Other team slots can be filled with whatever you want, I guess. You could even throw in a Stone Edge user if you want.

Critique plz.

I think that would work better without depending on moxie. A simple Scarfed Typhlosion could do a TON more damage. There is also stuff like Dragonite or Lucario who are immune to flinches (Fake Out will completely **** over your predictable strategy). You're better off trying a center Pokemon that hits all three opposing pokes and support it instead of 100% depending on it.

Things that learn Helping Hand that don't suck:

Latias / Latios / Jirachi / Terakion / Virizion / Colbalion / Keldeo / Hitmontop / Chansey / Hariyama / Infernape / Musharna

I keep meaning to try triples but I would use something like..

(left)
Latios @ Life Orb
obv EVs and nature

Draco Meteor
Surf
Helping Hand
Protect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(center)
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
vjav EVs

Rock Slide
Earthquake / Bulldoze
Protect
Acrobatics / Swagger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Virizion @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
EVs!!

Protect
Helping Hand
Close Combat
Stone Edge

I guess Aerodactyl would spam for flinches with Rock Slide while the other two would either Helping Hand or attack with their own moves. Hmm.. maybe tonight I'll play PO's Triples tier. How hard can it be.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Could anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of running a weather team/ Pokemon? If not, a link to a thread here or elsewhere would be just as helpful.

I'm trying to better understand what I'm up against before I just waltz into an online match.

I appreciate it.

Zachmac

Could anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of running a weather team/ Pokemon? If not, a link to a thread here or elsewhere would be just as helpful.

I'm trying to better understand what I'm up against before I just waltz into an online match.

I appreciate it.
The disadvantage is keeping the weather up. If you want to use swift swim, the drizzle/swift swim combo is banned to Ubers, but Drought/Chlorophyll and Sandstream/Sandrush aren't banned. Sandstorm boost the defence of rock types, and hail boost the defence of ice types. Also, try a politoad with drizzle and vaporeon with hydration and rest on the same team.

Oh, and for a swift swim team lead, I suggest Accelgor to get up Rain dance then U-turn, and bronzong to get it up when Accelgor faints.

Try out these for rain leads.
-Politoad/Drizzle/Timid/252sp.att/252speed/ChoiceScarf/Surf, Icebeam, Hyper Voice, and hypnosis.
Try to put opponents to sleep with hypnosis for a save swap out. Surf hits with double power, and the others are for coverage.

-Accelgor/Hydration/Naive/252sp.att/252speed/4att/DampRock or Focus Sash/RainDance,U-Turn,Bugbuzz,yawn
Pretty much just start the rain and flee.

If you want offensive sandstorm, I suggest Tyranitar as a lead, and defensive, Hippowdon as your lead.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
The disadvantage is keeping the weather up. If you want to use swift swim, the drizzle/swift swim combo is banned to Ubers, but Drought/Chlorophyll and Sandstream/Sandrush aren't banned. Sandstorm boost the defence of rock types, and hail boost the defence of ice types. Also, try a politoad with drizzle and vaporeon with hydration and rest on the same team.

Oh, and for a swift swim team lead, I suggest Accelgor to get up Rain dance then U-turn, and bronzong to get it up when Accelgor faints.

Try out these for rain leads.
-Politoad/Drizzle/Timid/252sp.att/252speed/ChoiceScarf/Surf, Icebeam, Hyper Voice, and hypnosis.
Try to put opponents to sleep with hypnosis for a save swap out. Surf hits with double power, and the others are for coverage.

-Accelgor/Hydration/Naive/252sp.att/252speed/4att/DampRock or Focus Sash/RainDance,U-Turn,Bugbuzz,yawn
Pretty much just start the rain and flee.

If you want offensive sandstorm, I suggest Tyranitar as a lead, and defensive, Hippowdon as your lead.

Oh, just clearing some mistakes from the above post. Sandstorm boosts the Special Defense of a Rock-type Pokemon, while hail sadly doesn't boost a thing (unless the user has Snow Cloak, which boosts evasion).

Alright. Thanks, guys.

So would running a Sand Veil Garchomp and a Tyranitar be any decent? Even though Tyranitar is the only of the two that is a Rock type. Would other Pokemon such as Ferrothorn work on a possible sandstorm team?

Moreover, are there any Water Pokemon and Sandstorm-resistant Pokemon that I should avoid completely in a Rain Dance and Sandstorm team, respectively?

Zachmac

Is endeavour effected by prankster?

So would running a Sand Veil Garchomp and a Tyranitar be any decent? Even though Tyranitar is the only of the two that is a Rock type. Would other Pokemon such as Ferrothorn work on a possible sandstorm team?

Moreover, are there any Water Pokemon and Sandstorm-resistant Pokemon that I should avoid completely in a Rain Dance and Sandstorm team, respectively?
Yes, Garchomp works great. Also try Exadrill. Ferrothorn will also work, especially in more defensive teams.

Oh, just clearing some mistakes from the above post. Sandstorm boosts the Special Defense of a Rock-type Pokemon, while hail sadly doesn't boost a thing (unless the user has Snow Cloak, which boosts evasion).
I heard that got changed in the 5th gen. Apparently it wasn't?

Oh, and I meant to say sp.defence.

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
I've been playing around with teams lately, and I've never considered trying to incorporate a Wobbuffet on a competitive team. It's becoming a daunting task, but I think it will end up being fantastic if it's done right.

I started with Wobbuffet, and realized I needed some form of reliable recovery to help Wobbuffet take large hits. Wish was the best option, so I decided I needed a very defensive Wish user to be able to take a hit and use Wish for Wobbuffet.

Wobbuffet > Encore, Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard

I chose Umbreon because of its 110/130 defenses, with a Mean Look > Baton Pass combo as a bonus.

Umbreon > Baton Pass, Mean Look, Wish, Taunt

Then, I needed a fast Taunt user to make sure Umbreon doesn't get taunted itself. I chose Whimsicott because SubSeeding and Paralyzing both work well with Wobbuffet and Encore.

Whimsicott > Taunt, Stun Spore, Substitute, Leech Seed

The problem is that I don't know where to go from here. I want to use two or three offensive pokemon as a core to take advantage of Mean Look. I originally had considered Multiscale Dragonite, Poison Heal Breloom, and Intimidate Gyarados, but that makes a potentially entire physical team, putting walls like Skarmory in my way.

Keep in mind I'm essentially brainstorming here.

What would possibly help this potential team?

Jessie Mulay

Would it be illegal to have Sandstorm and the ability 'Sand Force' (Increases the Power of Ground, Rock, and Steel-type moves by 33% in a Sandstorm) on the same team?

poke-lord

What is a good moveset and itemfor this Scrafty?

Scrafty@?
Adamant
252Attk/176HP/80Def

Did they really do away with Lv. 100 Standard mode? or do i just have to do something to see it?

Beezlebubz

Slowbroski
I have a question about my Archeops,

I either want it to learn fly, or acrobatics. Now acrobatics has a power of 110 without an item, and fly has a power of 90. But I can give my Archeops a sharp beak that increases flying type moves by 20%.

Now the question is, Acrobatics with out any items, or Fly with sharp beak?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Are the Rotom Formes considered different Pokemon in 5th Gen under standard clauses due to them having different types in each Forme?

As for Beezlebubs, I'd go with Acrobatics and no item (or a Flying Gem if Acrobatics's base power would be doubled due to the fact that the item would be used up. I don't know if that'd work, so don't quote me on this), just because Fly is a two-turn move, giving your opponent time to switch into something that resists it.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
I have a question about my Archeops,

I either want it to learn fly, or acrobatics. Now acrobatics has a power of 110 without an item, and fly has a power of 90. But I can give my Archeops a sharp beak that increases flying type moves by 20%.

Now the question is, Acrobatics with out any items, or Fly with sharp beak?

Acrobatics, 2 turn moves are generaly pretty bad even if your immune the first turn.

Beezlebubz

Slowbroski
Thanks! Looks like im keeping acrobatics, that and endeavor makes my Archeops quite a threat :D

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
What ev spread should i use on my ferrothorn and jellicent? they will be a physical wall and special wall, respectively, i just want to know a good spread for them

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I'm currently using Tentacruel as a lead for my Toxic Spikes team. So far it's moveset is Toxic Spikes/ Surf/ Venoshock-Sludge Bomb/ Magic Coat

now the thing is that Venoshock only really works when the opponent switches in, so Sludge Bomb is more viable. But do I go with Venoshock, which has more power, of Sludge Bomb, which is stabler?

And can someone also help me with the EVs? It's Timid and holds Black Sludge/ Focus Sash