• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

WhiteForest

~Dumbledore's Army~
How is cinccino competitively?

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Besides Chansey, Porygon2 and Dusclops, which Pokemon can use Evolite effectively?

rhydon, magneton perhaps (if you want a wall) togetic likitung and piloswine maybe. perhaps theyre not all realistic choices, but they could be use. look for people that got evos in later gens

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I'm trying to figure out the viability of Stored Power. How does it work?

AromaFlora

floofy
I'm trying to figure out the viability of Stored Power. How does it work?

Each +1 boost gives Stored Power 20 more Base Power. It starts at 20. If the Pokemon gets a Calm Mind boost, that's +1 boost for SpA and SpD, which is two boosts. That gives Stored Power 60 Base Power now. Two Calm Minds? 100. I think there's a limit, such as 150, but I'm not sure (Serebii needs to make this information a bit more accurate =P).

It's viable if your Pokemon is meant to stay around in one spot and safely accumulate boosts and if your team is able to eliminate Steel-, Psychic-, and Dark-type Pokemon (especially Dark). Sigilyph is the prime example of a great Stored Power user with its bulky set, ability to Psycho Shift burns (which don't hurt it due to Magic Guard), Cosmic Power, and Roost.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Trying to figure out if it was good on a Simple Swoobat.

1 Calm Mind on Simple Swoobat = 100 BP Stored Power = Win!

Yeah you answered my question.

Because I have a perfect, Modest, Dark Pulse Deino, and I am a huge fan of Hydreigon, I would want to go for it. Latios little type coverage when compared to Hydreigon.

Latios is weak to Pursuit, which some of the Pokemon have. Doesn't have access to U-Turn(which is essential for me to scout) and can't use Fire Blast/ Flamethrower.

My Latios is running at this moveset:

Latios @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV: -I kinda forgotten about the spread XP-
-Grass Knot
-Thunderbolt
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse

Grass Knot is for knocking out all the pesky Ground Types such as TTar, allowing me to OHKO / 2HKO all sorts of variation of TTar. Thunderbolt for hitting Water Types such as, Cloyster, Politoed, Starmie etc.

Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse is kinda self explanatory.

For Hydreigon, I'm running Choice Specs too.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EV: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse / Dark Pulse(I'm not sure why people emphasis on the usage on Dark Pulse. It's just for hitting Reuniclus and other Psychic Pokes)
-U-Turn
-Fire Blast

For a lead, I'll always U-Turn out to my MixTar or if the opponent is too epic for my MixTar to handle, I'll probably switch out to Gengar(SubDisable) or my ToxicStall Milotic and will try and sweep as much as I can before my Gengar / Milotic faints.

After it faints, I'll revenge kill with U-Turn with Landorus and switch back to Hydreigon and wreck havoc.

I don't think hydreigon can be a solid lead in ou being specs, I suggest scarfing him If you really want him to be your lead. Latios cares a choice specs better then hydreigon in every way simply cause the two main stats that matter speed and sp.attk are simply higher. Modest is fine Although I would have choose naive or rash if my guy was runing u-turn, timid and modest are excellent but you reduce u-turns damage slightly not a big deal. Dark pulse is usual chosen over dragon pulse only cause you normally want a stabbed moves for your guys typing not that its a huge deal to have a dark attack for ghost/psychics but it doesn't hurt either. cause what stabbed moves are is same type attack bonus meaning your dark pulse becomes 80 x 1.5 = 120 powered move for being a dark type Pokemon. What I would do with your guy is take him out of the lead postion and do either. no point in gunking him.

Hydregion @Scarf/lifeorb
Nature: modest
Ev: what you had or hp 4/ SpA 252/ Spe 252
-Draco meteor
-Dark pulse/ focus blast
-U-turn/ surf/ focus blast
-Fire blast

I suggest keeping u-turn if you decided to scarf and choose either surf, focus blast depending on your teams build. I just don't like specs on him I tired it the first time I was playing with him but latios just carries the specs better. If you really don't want dark pulse you can switch it for focus blast it will be the same base power just less accurate. Sorry for taking so long to respond.

Zachmac

How good is Hail Team in this gen? People say it sucks and it's mostly outclassed by the other weathers. But I really would wanna try out a Hail Team. Just asking for opinions.

Well, it is outclassed, but it still works. Try Snow Cloak and Magic Guard.

cantab

Each +1 boost gives Stored Power 20 more Base Power. It starts at 20. If the Pokemon gets a Calm Mind boost, that's +1 boost for SpA and SpD, which is two boosts. That gives Stored Power 60 Base Power now. Two Calm Minds? 100. I think there's a limit, such as 150, but I'm not sure (Serebii needs to make this information a bit more accurate =P).
According to Bulbapedia, there's no cap; it can go up to 860, if all stats - including accuracy and evasion - are at +6.

Musharna might be the best user. It can Hypnosis the incoming would-be counter, then Calm Mind up, and it's got the bulk to take neutral physical hits, especially if it runs Reflect. Held back somewhat by needing Moonlight or RestTalk for healing (OTOH, if you can put up and keep up Sun, Moonlight is excellent).

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
Is giving Milotic a flame orb to activate marvel scale a good idea? What about with Aqua Ring to reduce damage to 1/16?

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Gliscor is physically bulky, but specially there's more to be desired specially. But it sets up Stealth Rock fast (95 Speed) so you're probably right. The other Pokemon with better Speed that could work (not all OU, but so what?) are Uxie (75/130/130 defenses), Jirachi or Celebi (100/100/100 defenses will take some hits) and some others, probably.

But I need to ask:

What would be a good Moveset, EV spread, and/or Nature for an Exeggutor with the Harvest ability.

Oh Jirachi... Eh oh well I can always EQ it before it sets up rocks... CRAP IM SLOWER.

*Off to find a faster lead*

Milotic: Nonono... Use rest-talk. it works better anyway

smashbro77

how good is a rest -talk tyranitar?
i want to use a tyranitar that can take hits and still hit back but im not sure rest -talk is the way to go.
for the moveset i was thinking like rest/sleep talk/rockslide/earthquake

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
how good is a rest -talk tyranitar?
i want to use a tyranitar that can take hits and still hit back but im not sure rest -talk is the way to go.
for the moveset i was thinking like rest/sleep talk/rockslide/earthquake

main problem that I can think of is the inability to select attack. if youre facing a flyer you might pick earthquake. also TTars many weaknesses are something to watch out for, so if lucairo comes out youre better GTFO

AromaFlora

floofy
RestTalk Tyranitar really isn't that great. It needs to free up its move space in order to have coverage against common threats, such as Gliscor, Ferrothorn, and Latios. Plus, with Rest "nerfed" since the sleep counter will reset upon switching out, it's not a great idea. (Add in what kaiser soze said. =D) Stick to the standard tank Tyranitar that uses Sassy, 252 HP / 168 SpA / 88 SpA, Stealth Rock, Crunch, Fire Blast, and Ice Beam. It's still bulky enough to take a good amount of hits, and if you need to heal, Wish support from Vaporeon or Jirachi can probably help out.

Zachmac

I know I sound noob-ish for wanting to use a scolipede, but it caught my eye....Should I do
Scolipede
Adamant/252att/252spee
Salac Berry/Swarm
-Substitute
-X-scissor
-Earthquake
-Return
...or
Scolipede
Jolly/252att/252speed
Liechi berry/Swarm
-Substitute
-X-scissor
-Earthquake
-Return

Okay, so set #1 will end up with 306 att. and 484 speed, and #2 will have 459 attack and 355 speed. X-scissor gos up to 180 power, while Earthquake hits Fire, Rock, and Steel types. Return is just a filler.

cantab

Jolly Gyarados, which is the better IV spread:

26/31/16/00/26/31
28/30/20/10/22/31

The first one has more special bulk and of course one extra point in Atk, the second more physical bulk. What attacks are more important for Gyara to be able to take?

Zachmac

Jolly Gyarados, which is the better IV spread:

26/31/16/00/26/31
28/30/20/10/22/31

The first one has more special bulk and of course one extra point in Atk, the second more physical bulk. What attacks are more important for Gyara to be able to take?
I suggest Sp.def, just because it's ability is Intimidate.
I know I sound noob-ish for wanting to use a scolipede, but it caught my eye....Should I do
Scolipede
Adamant/252att/252spee
Salac Berry/Swarm
-Substitute
-X-scissor
-Earthquake
-Return
...or
Scolipede
Jolly/252att/252speed
Liechi berry/Swarm
-Substitute
-X-scissor
-Earthquake
-Return

Okay, so set #1 will end up with 306 att. and 484 speed, and #2 will have 459 attack and 355 speed. X-scissor gos up to 180 power, while Earthquake hits Fire, Rock, and Steel types. Return is just a filler.

AromaFlora

floofy
@Zachmac, personally, I'd take set 2. Needs the Attack to dish out damage, or else it's not really doing much. 306 Atk by itself really isn't that interesting. 355 Spe is also good enough to already outspeed some fast threats, such as Latios, Thundurus, and Gengar.

If you want to know, the most popular Scolipede set is a suicide lead Toxic Spiker. It's guaranteed to get up to two layers of Toxic Spikes unless there's a faster Taunter or priority lead.

@cantab, take the first one imo. 4 less Def won't hurt with Intimidate.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Whoops. Double post (Deletes)

Ok, so which is the best anti-lead?

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Infernape (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Mach Punch / Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mismagius (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Magic Coat
- Shadow Ball

And Scolipede: Set 2, Run Megahorn over X-scissor (The power is irreplacable) and use Payback > Return. That way, You can hit Gengar