• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Leveling for Competitive Battling

Alright, so hopefully a quick and easy question. For battling both Wifi and competitively where a Pokemon's level is brought down to 50; how high do you actually have to level them to take full advantage of their abilities? Do I have to level up to 100 to get the full advantage of my Effort Points, or is 50 the highest level I need to go to get my stat advantage? I know I would have to level more to evolve if needed or get a specific move, I'm just concerned with the stat aspect since I EV train.

Thanks for any help ^-^

pokemon123456

Super Awesome Dude
What's a reliable physical sweeper for the last slot of this trick room team? Here is the rest of my team:
Porygon2 - lead, trick room
Bronzong - Mixed wall, trick room
Magnezone - Special sweeper (should it be replaced by chandelure)?
Octillery - Mixed sweeper
Togekiss - annoyer, wish passer
??? - physical sweeper?

Any help would be appreciated!

If you can get Aggron in safely under TR, it would be a beast. 350 attack stat w/ STAB Head Smash + Rock Head = no recoil. Throw on a Choice Band/Life Orb for more damage or a Wide Lens for better accuracy. You could run Head Smash, Heavy Slam, Earthquake, Superpower.

Alright, so hopefully a quick and easy question. For battling both Wifi and competitively where a Pokemon's level is brought down to 50; how high do you actually have to level them to take full advantage of their abilities? Do I have to level up to 100 to get the full advantage of my Effort Points, or is 50 the highest level I need to go to get my stat advantage? I know I would have to level more to evolve if needed or get a specific move, I'm just concerned with the stat aspect since I EV train.

Thanks for any help ^-^

This should answer your questions http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85403

Dattebayo

Banned
What's a good set for a mix Lucario?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Thinking about Arceus for a Drizzle team in ubers:

Arceus @ Dread Plate

4 HP/252 Sp.Att/252 Speed

-Judgement

-Extremespeed

-Grass Knot/something else

-Stone Edge

Gave him Stone Edge to counter Ho-Oh and Grass Knot to take down those pesky Groudons. Extremespeed for hitting anything I want practically first.

Dattebayo

Banned
hp ice/close combat/crunch/extremespeed. Although, honestly, it's better just going physical or special rather than splitting ev's

I was afraid someone would say that, and I don't know if extremespeed would be a good move for any set since normal moves aren't really popular due to Rock and Steel types, who are common types, resisting them.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Eh.

Lucario @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Hasty
EVs: Errr... 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd.
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Hidden Power [Fire] / Agility
-Aura Sphere / Extremespeed / HP [Fire]

That's what I think would work. CC because it's his favourite move. Crunch = Coverage. HP [Fire] for killing off Skarm and Scizor. Agility is if you have time. If you run Agility, the EV spread would be:

Rash, 252 Atk / 140 SAtk / 116 Spd

So you outspeed base 80 scarfers after an agility.

Aura Sphere is good when running Agility, but Extremespeed is good in both situations for taking down weakened Mach Punchers. Hidden Power returns to fight against Scizor, rival to Aura Sphere (Who 2HKOs Skarm lile Hidden Power)

That's what I can think of.

I've got a question about entry hazards. Is it possible to throw out Stealth Rock and three layers of Spikes and have both take full effect (assuming I could set it up)?
Yep. But Why would you do that? Sure, it'll knock Volcanora down to 25%, but it's a waste of time if you ask me.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I've got a question about entry hazards. Is it possible to throw out Stealth Rock and three layers of Spikes and have both take full effect (assuming I could set it up)?

yes, they would. so someone 4x weak to rock would lose 75% of their health

on the lucario discussion, it can learn blaze kick through breeding and elemental punches from 4th gen move tutors. I dont feel like crunching the numbers but I would think blaze kick would be stronger than HP ice on a steel type.

on the lucario discussion, it can learn blaze kick through breeding and elemental punches from 4th gen move tutors. I dont feel like crunching the numbers but I would think blaze kick would be stronger than HP ice on a steel type.

Obviously blaze kick is stronger on steel types.... HP ice is for gliscor.

Ix Dragonite xI

Dragon Champion
Since it doesn't get sand force, it's a pointless questions. And to give it sand force would be hacking, and we're discouraged from discussing hacked pokemon here
Its just a WHAT-IF kind of question. Earlier, I asked if Garchomp would be better w/ sw or dd, and no complaints there. Just voice your opinion, I am well aware of the rules.

Dragonite0217

What is better for a trick room team, Usaring or Hariyama (both with guts)? Giving you team won't really help because they both fit equally well.

Sasukat

Back from the dead
If a ditto transforms into a pokemon, does it copy the happiness level? Just trying to check whether Return or Frustration would be better to use.

Dragonite0217

If a ditto transforms into a pokemon, does it copy the happiness level? Just trying to check whether Return or Frustration would be better to use.

No, It only copies the ability (I think), moves and sprite. Not the stats, happinesse, etc.

but you could get ice punch, assuming you have PtHGSS (and a shot at freezing it) not to mention breeding for HP is hard without RPGing

First it's "rnging". Secondly, no, it's not that hard to breed for HP's, even without rng abuse. I myself have done it numerous times. Thirdly, 125 Def is a bit higher than like base 75 SpD, meaning HP Ice does alot more than Ice Punch.