• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
It lasts until you switch out like most other stat moves. Also it only effects one pokemon (the one that uses it obvs.)

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Such a nubly question...

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^^Stop spamming mr. Troll. Is Musharna viable in OU with Magic Bounce (the move) as a lead? He also has T-wave, Psyshock and moonlight.

windsong

WEST SIDE
^^Stop spamming mr. Troll. Is Musharna viable in OU with Magic Bounce (the move) as a lead? He also has T-wave, Psyshock and moonlight.

But basically anything musharna does Reuniclus does better on the offensive and defensive sides, and if you're trying to reflect hazards and status and set screens and stuff, Espeon is better.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
But basically anything musharna does Reuniclus does better on the offensive and defensive sides, and if you're trying to reflect hazards and status and set screens and stuff, Espeon is better.

Musharna's saving grace is Telepathy, and it has the bulk to utilize that. Outside of doubles though you are right.

Doubles seemed more fun in Gen 4... I wonder what changed...

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
But espeon is predictable. Nobody will use hazards on espeon because they know it will reflect. Most people don't know what a musharna is so they will try to set up rocks/spikes.

Azel

Rawr~
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a moveset/ev spread for my Careful DW Glaceon. It'll be used on a Hail team (which I haven't planned the other pokemon for yet) and already has the move wish. (but that can be replaced) Thanks for any help.

jolteon135

But espeon is predictable. Nobody will use hazards on espeon because they know it will reflect. Most people don't know what a musharna is so they will try to set up rocks/spikes.

Are you talking about using Magic Coat on Musharna? That's pointless. Espeon is nice because it can switch in and automatically bounce back the entry hazards to your opponent's side of the field. Musharna has to actually be on the field when your opponent uses the entry hazards to use Magic Coat thus it's really pointless.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Ask a question about competitive Pokemon here; be it what Pokemon would fit well on the last slot of my team...

This is my team. Excuse the brief descriptions but I don't intend this as an RMT.

;445; Garchomp @ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dual Chop
-Stone Edge

Garchomp is just a physical powerhouse. I use this team in the Random Wi-Fi matches, so ignore the fact that he's uber. Outrage and Earthquake are the staple moves, Dual Chop is a safer Outrage that can break subs, and Stone Edge for coverage.

;381; Latios @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Psyshock

Latios is kind of like the special "version" of Garchomp. It's mostly the same strategy. Draco Meteor for power, Dragon Pulse for a safer Dragon type move, Surf for coverage, Psyshock for Blissey and other Special walls.

;479-c; Rotom Mow Form @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 164 Speed / 92 HP
-Leaf Storm
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Trick

The ultimate bulky Water counter. Leaf Storm can hit any Water type Thunderbolt can't, Hidden Power Ice hits the Dragons and Grass types that resist his STABS and allows him to run 31 Sp Atk and Speed IVs unlike HP-Fire, and Trick cripples walls.

;475; Gallade @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Special Defense
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak
-Low Sweep
-Psycho Cut

Gallade is very strong and actually quite bulky, but suffers from poor Speed. Swords Dance makes him incredibly strong, and then Shadow Sneak and Low Sweep help him deal with his Speed issues. Psycho Cut is there to give me another STAB move, and for some power on the set.

;485; Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Special Defense
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Stealth Rock

Heatran can lay rocks, wall Dragons, and wallbreak Steel types who try and do the same to me. She is a tank in every sense of the word.

;145; Zapdos @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Heat Wave
-Roost

Zapdos helps kill the bulky Waters Rotom can't for any reason. You'll read more about Zapdos in a bit.

I'm thinking I ought to replace Zapdos. I just recently added Rotom, and Rotom kind of makes Zapdos redundant. I'd like to run some kind of physical sweeper to make it an even 3-3 physical/special split. Something that can utilize a Life Orb would be good too, since cutting Zapdos would free up its availability. Also, I find myself using Zapdos' Heat Wave more than Thunderbolt in practice, so some kind of Fire type or something with access to Fire type moves at the least would be useful. Any suggestions on what I should run in the 6th slot? I've been thinking either Arcanine, Machamp, DW Sharpedo or Gyarados.

I'm having a dilemma...

I want Magnet Rise on a Shinx. I want him Male, and I want either the Ability Rivalry or Guts...

On Pokemon Online, most people go for the default gender and select Male. So Rivalry works very well there. However, in the games, the Gender will be much more random.

But equally, I'm not totally happy with Guts, as I don't like the HP reduction from Burn/Toxic Orb that will be needed for Guts to actually be of use.

So my question is... which ability do I go for? Or would you recommend using Intimidate instead?

S k y

Damn it!
I'm having a dilemma...

I want Magnet Rise on a Shinx. I want him Male, and I want either the Ability Rivalry or Guts...

On Pokemon Online, most people go for the default gender and select Male. So Rivalry works very well there. However, in the games, the Gender will be much more random.

But equally, I'm not totally happy with Guts, as I don't like the HP reduction from Burn/Toxic Orb that will be needed for Guts to actually be of use.

So my question is... which ability do I go for? Or would you recommend using Intimidate instead?
Use the Toxic Orb Guts, it's really helping you

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
How viable is Outrage on Tyranitar? If atleast decent, can someone give me a moveset?

Cometk

west side
How viable is Outrage on Tyranitar? If atleast decent, can someone give me a moveset?

It isn't. Locking yourself into an unstabbed Dragon move gives virtually zero extra coverage and leaves you susceptible to have, like, anything come in and kill you with a fighting attack. Besides, Tyranitar has a huge amount of viable moves, and between Crunch, Pursuit, Stone Edge, Superpower, Stealth Rock, Ice Beam, and Fire Blast, Outrage should never even be considered.

I'm having a dilemma...

Luxray doesn't really have the bulk to take advantage of Magnet Rise, as its frailty allows it to be defeated by non-SE moves fairly easily. Also, you don't necessarily have to run Toxic or Flame Orb to go with Guts. You could just switch in when you opponent tries to status you, which tends to happen a lot. Maybe a status absorber set like Wild Charge/Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Sleep Talk. The three offensive moves are pretty much the best Luxray can get (unless you want to throw Crunch on there somewhere), and Sleep Talk will give you an answer to random sleep-move users (cause honestly, Luxray doesn't have many options).

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Nice idea! That's a pretty good set (or at least as good as luxray can be XD).

ArcanineShrine014029

Does making a team where I try to fit in a water, grass, and fire type keep me from making a team that can really be effective in competitive play? As in picking certian roles in battle and trying to assign them to a certain type for type balance.

Does making a team where I try to fit in a water, grass, and fire type keep me from making a team that can really be effective in competitive play? As in picking certian roles in battle and trying to assign them to a certain type for type balance.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but you can pick Pokemon for their type synergy and still have a good competitive team. That's actually a pretty good first step in making a team; picking Pokemon that synergize well. You might have to make adjustments to better handle certain threats, however. For example, a common Water/Fire/Grass core can often be hurt badly by many Dragon types, so putting an appropriate answer to those Dragon types would be necessary. But no, in no way is that holding you back from making an effective competitive team. It's actually a good place to start.

ArcanineShrine014029

Thanks! Yeah, I try to make my teams so they have a fire, water, and grass and I was wondering if that would limit my team from being really good. But there are some really good grass supports, defensive waters, and offensive fires, so why not, right?