• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
Is Quagsire still effective as a Kyogre counter this gen like Gen 4 or has the shift caused it to drop out of a role there?

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Mmm conkeldur is more of an offensive tank, but if you wish to build a wall Ill suggest maximize his HP and def, as for the last move Payback, Toxic and Bulk Up are excellent options, go with Payback to hit ghost or types that resist your fighting moves, Toxic could help you to stall down a very defensive pokemon and finnaly bulk up work great to make you hit harder and take more hits in the physical side.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip!

Psypert

Is Quagsire still effective as a Kyogre counter this gen like Gen 4 or has the shift caused it to drop out of a role there?

Queagsire is still an efficient Kyogre counter as it is inmunne to water attacks and electric, but with Storm Drain working as a water inmunnity Gastrodon is really a more efficient Kyogre counter, since it has more special defense it can take the posibble ice beam better that quagsire

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Plus he can hit back harder.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Yes. Gastro is basicly the same as Quag, but.........better.

Dragontamer1011

So with the introduction of all these new battle modes, I'm fairly curious what I should start creating teams for and how I should go about it. Basically my question is, should I create unique teams for everything or can I use a team I made for competitions for fun, competitive, and Random Battle Match-ups (Problem is these are 3 only)?

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Singles is a world apart from doubles, and I'm having a hard time transitioning. No more helping hand, no more healing pulse, Audino's useless, the list goes on. Now I only take on one Pokemon at a time. I'm really used to doubles.

Can anyone give me some general advise on how to do better here? Really, any advise.

Singles is a world apart from doubles, and I'm having a hard time transitioning. No more helping hand, no more healing pulse, Audino's useless, the list goes on. Now I only take on one Pokemon at a time. I'm really used to doubles.

Can anyone give me some general advise on how to do better here? Really, any advise.

Practice. Use no more than one Stealth Rock weak Pokemon. Never use Focus Sash unless its on a lead, even then it still sucks.

Just use 6 random OU Pokemon that have good type synergy if you need a good beginner team. Ferrothorn / Jellicent / Thundurus / Latios / Terrakion / Scizor or something similar could do ok.

Is legal to use a Blaziken whitout Speed Boost?

No. If you play DS wifi you can probably just ask nicely and people will let you. Blaziken kind of blows without Speed Boost.

Psypert

What is the Limbo tier?

Limbo is not really a tier is a group of pokemon that still need to be tested to decide in what tier they would work better

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español

Is legal to use a Blaziken whitout Speed Boost?
No. If you play DS wifi you can probably just ask nicely and people will let you. Blaziken kind of blows without Speed Boost.

Oh I see, thank you Blue Harvest, maybe I will only using my Blaziken on game just to avoid comments like Hey why the h*ll are you using that thing?? **insert angry face here :B** or maybe something worse :I Anyway thank you for helping me with that n_n

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Does Focus Energy stack with Scope Lens?

Psypert

Psypert

Oops, I meant Tangrowth, and is there anything those evs specifically accomplish?

Tangrowth? good I just noted that´s the set forTangrowth,

EVs explanation: Having Hp and Spe Def invesment with let you take hit it´s Def is naturraly good, the idea of the regenarator set is to put an status (Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Toxic, Leech Seed) and sitch out into another pokemon activating regenarator, Sp Atk invesment is for hitting weak pokemon with a energy ball or leaf storm or simply KOing those mud pokemon like quagsire, swampert or gastrodon, also take hidden power fire if you can to take the omnipresent ferrothorn.
That´s all

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
How do you predict in this game?

Psypert

How do you predict in this game?

You try to guess what is your opponent´s next move by using mostly common sense, example you have a swampert and the opponent has a venasaur, what´s going to happen? likely venasaur is going to use a grass move so switching into something that would take the grass hit and counter venasaur would be good like a heatran, also predicting you opponent´s switch and use a move that will KO the pokemon that is coming out, predicting what the oppent is predicting is called overpredicting and can be desicive on a battles, but more than talk you should try it, prectice makes perfect, hope it helps