• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
What's a good EV spread for a stall Vespiquen? Should I go with standard Wall EVs and go 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef or should I go for standard Sweeper EVs and go 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd? Or some other set that I can't think of like 252 HP and split the rest between defenses and speed. I know Vespiquen is not the best choice, but I always admired Vespiquen and I really like bug types.

Also, is this a good moveset?

@Leftovers
Heal Order
Defend Order
Toxic
Attack Order

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
What's a good EV spread for a stall Vespiquen? Should I go with standard Wall EVs and go 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef or should I go for standard Sweeper EVs and go 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd? Or some other set that I can't think of like 252 HP and split the rest between defenses and speed. I know Vespiquen is not the best choice, but I always admired Vespiquen and I really like bug types.

Also, is this a good moveset?

@Leftovers
Heal Order
Defend Order
Toxic
Attack Order

Totally walled by Steel-types, but that might not be so much of a problem in... whatever the hell tier Vespiquen is in. I'd probably go 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Def or Speed, taking some EVs out of Sp Def if you want more Speed. This, and the associated episode of the show, may be of some use to you if you want something more in-depth.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Totally walled by Steel-types, but that might not be so much of a problem in... whatever the hell tier Vespiquen is in. I'd probably go 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Def or Speed, taking some EVs out of Sp Def if you want more Speed. This, and the associated episode of the show, may be of some use to you if you want something more in-depth.
Oh, I'm making a bug team. I wanna become a Bug-Type gym leader one day. So why put max in SpDef? Most rock attacks are physical... In fact, I can only think of two. Anceintpower and something else, but I know there's another... Maybe that's ground... And the thing said to max both defenses.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^Maximising HP is standard fare for defensive pokemon. Also, any powerful rock attack will OHKO that with no problem.

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
Actually, it's supposed to be CDO. OCD isn't in alphabetical order.

Great, now this is going to be spam...I better thing of something.

How well would a coil Arbok work in NU?

I've used one, it's really good if it can set up 2 coils, which is enough to make gunk shot 100% accurate. When it sets up, all that can stop it is the obvious Quagsire and Substitute Haunter. Unless if you choose Seed Bomb over Sucker Punch, then any psychic or ghost can beat you.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Ok, say if I had a Slaking with Hidden Power (not that I do) would it count as STAB?

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
No, but Hidden Power itself is classified as a Normal-type move, even though its actual typing varies.
oh,yea yea i see what they were asking. but yea, hidden power doesn't get STAB on normal types.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Hidden Power is listed as Normal in the UI, but for the purposes of determining STAB, it IS whatever type the Hidden Power type is. Hidden Power Fire for instance is listed as Normal, but if a Fire-type used it, it would get STAB.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Is this a good idea?

Exploud
Item: Leftovers?
Nature: Brave?
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp Def?

Moves:
Roar
Circle Throw
Restalk

It's a partner for an entry Hazard Pokemon. Or something... I could use some help with the stuff with the question marks.

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
Is this a good idea?

Exploud
Item: Leftovers?
Nature: Brave?
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp Def?

Moves:
Roar
Circle Throw
Restalk

It's a partner for an entry Hazard Pokemon. Or something... I could use some help with the stuff with the question marks.
You want a Jolly nature and 252 speed EVs instead of HP. You're obviously speed shuffling, so you need more speed.

Enjyu

Made In China.
You want a Jolly nature and 252 speed EVs instead of HP. You're obviously speed shuffling, so you need more speed.

I hope you were joking....if not that is the exact opposite of what he needs. Roar/circle throw have negative priority. He obviously wants a bulky set.

Serpentine- make it impish or careful. Add to its defenses.