• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

I need help in suggestions for my Semi newborn Dratini. I'm trying to make a tanky physical attacker dragonite that can survive ice attacks but I also like it to use subsitute. Basically I am not sure if I should ev train it to 252 Special defense or 252 HP or some other spread to distribute the points.

My Dratini is:
;147;
Level 10
Nature: Brave
Characteristics: Proud of its Power
HP: 29
Attack: 26 (252 EV)
Defense 16
Sp.Atk: 16
Sp.Def: 17
Speed: 18

Possible movesets:

Firepunch, Thunderpunch, Dragonclaw, Roost

Dragontail, Outrage, Roost, Draco Meteor

Subsitute, Roost, Dragontail, Thunderpunch

Surf, Outrage, Roost, Thunderpunch

Surf, Thunderpunch, Roost, Dragontail

Note: please dont ask me to hatch another one thats adamant/jolly since Brave is not favorable to speed, I do already have a adamant dragonite but I want to try to make and use a tanky one and this dragonite I'm raising is Shiny.

Operia

Dark sky ruler
Gastrodon kicked Swampert out of OU due to Storm drain's upgrade.

I wasn't aware of that. I might have to look at reshuffling my team in that case.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I need help in suggestions for my Semi newborn Dratini. I'm trying to make a tanky physical attacker dragonite that can survive ice attacks but I also like it to use subsitute. Basically I am not sure if I should ev train it to 252 Special defense or 252 HP or some other spread to distribute the points.

My Dratini is:
;147;
Level 10
Nature: Brave
Characteristics: Proud of its Power
HP: 29
Attack: 26 (252 EV)
Defense 16
Sp.Atk: 16
Sp.Def: 17
Speed: 18

Okay for a more tank based one perhaps a nature that drops s.atk or speed but boost defense apart from that its not great but its reasonable. If it has its dw ability then its okay to use otherwise it is outclassed by dw Dragonite. Bulky sets could include a bulky choice band 252 Hp 252 atk 6 speed or def, a bulky sleep talker with 252 hp and either 252 def or s.def or atk or 128 def and s.def but this isn't recommended due to the sleep buff of bw/b2/w2. Apart from that a slow trick room/rain mixed set with 252 s.atk and 252 atk with thunder, Hurricane, roost, and outrage is usable but gimicky.

This is not the best Dragonite I have seen I have an adamant with 31 atk and 31 speed IVs with multiscale and a Modest with 31 hp and 31 s.atk with multiscale for rain both have maxed EVs in their top stats to help them do their jobs(the fast physical one is a dragon dancer and the bulkier special one is a rain abuser.) I went all out with Dragonite to give it the best shot at doing its job. The 2 sets I mentioned offer some surprise factor which might help you but they are gimics.

I wasn't aware of that. I might have to look at reshuffling my team in that case.

Ya Swampert, Zapdos, Suicune, Raikou, Snorlax, Bronzong and a few others dropped a tier or 2 due to the new entries in bw and the game changes. Thundurus-T beats Zapdos and Raikou, Fighting types gave Snorlax the boot, Gastrodon booted out Suicune and Swampert as it outclasses them, and Reuniclus combined with the faster meta game booted Bronzong out.

Bulky sets could include a bulky choice band 252 Hp 252 atk 6 speed or def, a bulky sleep talker with 252 hp and either 252 def or s.def or atk or 128 def and s.def but this isn't recommended due to the sleep buff of bw/b2/w2. Apart from that a slow trick room/rain mixed set with 252 s.atk and 252 atk with thunder, Hurricane, roost, and outrage is usable but gimicky.

I'm not fond of gimicky sets but I do like outrage since it I use it to quickly mow down some threats to the rest of my teamates as well as it give pressure to the opponent to discourage stat stacking or quickly reveal his physical walls or tankier pokemon. I usually switch out after outrage is exhausted and Dragonite becomes confused.

I think the choice band is a nice suggestion and I'm leaning to invest 252 to hp and 6 to def. The Sleeptalk abuse also is interesting and opens some possibilities as well.

This is not the best Dragonite I have seen I have an adamant with 31 atk and 31 speed IVs with multiscale and a Modest with 31 hp and 31 s.atk with multiscale for rain both have maxed EVs in their top stats to help them do their jobs(the fast physical one is a dragon dancer and the bulkier special one is a rain abuser.) I went all out with Dragonite to give it the best shot at doing its job. The 2 sets I mentioned offer some surprise factor which might help you but they are gimics.

I am aware its not the best nature but it has outstanding ivs, its shiny and I have a Adamant ev trained Dragonite I can fall back on incase. I feel I can do interesting things with it and thanks for the spreads and set suggestions I think they are great and I shall go for the 252 atk/ 252 HP/6 def spread.

I only just noticed this thread, I wish I had seen it sooner before I made a new thread for it. Sorry! :( Mods, if you're reading this, feel free to delete the thread that I made.

Anyway, I'm making a team for Battle Subway Doubles, and I was soft resetting my game to get a Timid Latios. I somehow ended up getting a shiny one, and I saved the game after that because I didn't want to lose my shiny. Anyway, he has a Docile nature. Would it be okay to use that one in the Subway instead, or should I look for a Timid one elsewhere?

Zachmac

I only just noticed this thread, I wish I had seen it sooner before I made a new thread for it. Sorry! :( Mods, if you're reading this, feel free to delete the thread that I made.

Anyway, I'm making a team for Battle Subway Doubles, and I was soft resetting my game to get a Timid Latios. I somehow ended up getting a shiny one, and I saved the game after that because I didn't want to lose my shiny. Anyway, he has a Docile nature. Would it be okay to use that one in the Subway instead, or should I look for a Timid one elsewhere?
Timid is much preferred if at all possible.

Though, it could also be possible to find a replacement. What do you intend to do with it?

Timid is much preferred if at all possible.

Though, it could also be possible to find a replacement. What do you intend to do with it?

I was going to give it Psyshock/Thunderbolt/Dragon Pulse/Protect, with 6 HP/252 SPA/252 SPEED, holding a Life Orb. To be honest, my shiny Latios has crap IVs anyway, having a 31 in Defense and being considered "decent" all around. I figured a Timid one would be better, but I don't want to get rid of my shiny... Hmm... My boyfriend also plays Black 2, maybe I'll ask if he'll soft reset for a Timid one for me. I don't know where else I can get one.

Floette

Fennekin
Is there a Sheer Force (DW) Mawile set? Possibly with ice punch?

forte310

Just a general question. My machamp already has max EVs at lvl 50, with 200 attack. so if i just start leveling him normally with lucky egg held does it guarantee me a 394 attack at lvl 100?

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
Just a general question. My machamp already has max EVs at lvl 50, with 200 attack. so if i just start leveling him normally with lucky egg held does it guarantee me a 394 attack at lvl 100?

What nature does the Machamp have?

EDIT: If the nature is Brave, Adamant, or Naughty then yes, you'll have 394 as your attack stat at level 100.

Orithan

Out of curiosity, I wonder how Cinccino function as a scarfed revengekiller in OU. Cinccino gets coverage that really hurts guys like Terrakion and Keldeo and seems to be able to do significant damage to a number of threats like Politoed and Ninetales and do a fair bit of damage to Multiscale Dragonite even if it has a mediocre 85 Base Attack. It also has a blazing 115 Base Speed, allowing it to outspeed the majority of OU. Is is viable?

Zachmac

Out of curiosity, I wonder how Cinccino function as a scarfed revengekiller in OU. Cinccino gets coverage that really hurts guys like Terrakion and Keldeo and seems to be able to do significant damage to a number of threats like Politoed and Ninetales and do a fair bit of damage to Multiscale Dragonite even if it has a mediocre 85 Base Attack. It also has a blazing 115 Base Speed, allowing it to outspeed the majority of OU. Is is viable?
Relatively viable, but it's attack stat is pretty weak, meaning you'll miss out on a let of KOs, and it's pretty frail, meaning that it's revenge killed easily.

Orithan

Relatively viable, but it's attack stat is pretty weak, meaning you'll miss out on a let of KOs, and it's pretty frail, meaning that it's revenge killed easily.

Thanks. I think a good set would be along the lines like this:

Cinccino @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly/ Adamant (maybe, if it still outspeeds a good deal of threats, especially +1 Volcarona).
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Tail Slap
~ Bullet Seed
~ Rock Blast
~ U-turn/ Knock off

Choice Scarf seems strange on a fast pokemon like Cinccino, but that gives it the ability to either hurt or even take down boosting or often scarfed threats like +1 Volcarona and Scarf Terrakion, who are OHKOed by Rock Blast and takes 71 - 83% (very good chance to KO after 1 layer of Spikes) from Bullet Seed respectively (if Cinccino is Jolly). +1 Dragonite also takes a significant amount of damage from Rock Blast, dealing 63 - 75% to a full health 4 HP/ 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite (again, if Cinccino is Jolly). Tail Slap is for STAB, but Cinccino is pretty much dead if Ferrothorn switches in on it. Bullet Seed is for coverage, really hurting Terrakion, Politoed and Keldeo (Keldeo takes the same amount of damage from Bullet Seed as Terrakion). Rock Blast is for more coverage, hurting the fires that abuse Drought, and OHKOing 4 HP/ 0 Def Timid Volcarona even through Substitute. The last slot is mainly filler - U-Turn is for scouting switch-ins and is it's best weapon against Ferrothorn if it decides to switch in on a predicted Tail Slap while Knock Off can greatly annoy Life Orb, Leftovers and Evolite users.
It is not without it's drawbacks. For starters, most of it's threats it is meant to revenge needs some, albeit often fairly minimal, prior damage to KO and they can usually OHKO back if they survive. It also can't do much to some boosters like Scizor and Haxorus and therefore another pokemon is needed to fight them.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
What are some roles a Kingdra with Sniper do?

You can use it with scope lense on a Drizzle team in OU or a non rain team in UU but swift swim is better in UU and Kingdra isn't useful in OU do to the complex dizzle and swift swim combination ban.