• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

cheetah180

Well that's why I mentioned he used 2 different moves. Because the scarf that ups speed only allows use of 1 move. I thought hacked pokemon aren't able to be used. That pisses me off since it was my only loss

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Well that's why I mentioned he used 2 different moves. Because the scarf that ups speed only allows use of 1 move. I thought hacked pokemon aren't able to be used. That pisses me off since it was my only loss

It's only illegal if it's random wifi unless the dude made a really good hack (had a legit PID for it). Otherwise, if you're doing a match where you're exchanging friend codes...that's where stuff isn't banned.

KillerDraco

So I just battled an Exeggutor via wifi. It was faster then both my Scizor and Breloom and I've EV trained both in speed to their max. I don't understand. It used hidden power and leaf storm so neither were strike first moves. How can it be faster?

What're your Pokemon's natures, and speed IVs? A Max-Speed Timid Exeggutor can speed tie with an Adamant Scizor. If you've got crappy speed IVs, or a counter-productive nature, it becomes much more plausible that an Exeggutor could outspeed your Scizor or Breloom.

And were there any other factors in play, such as Sunny Day (activating its Chlorophyll), or Trick Room?

cheetah180

What're your Pokemon's natures, and speed IVs? A Max-Speed Timid Exeggutor can speed tie with an Adamant Scizor. If you've got crappy speed IVs, or a counter-productive nature, it becomes much more plausible that an Exeggutor could outspeed your Scizor or Breloom.

And were there any other factors in play, such as Sunny Day (activating its Chlorophyll), or Trick Room?

My scizor has jolly nature and "likes to run". But I think sunny day is what did it. I didn't even think of chlorophyll. Well I'm mad I lost but at least I have a logical reason why it prob happened. Thanx!

Starfishy-chan

Ghost Trainer
Can someone advise me on a good EV Spread for my Blissey? I want to get some offensive use out of her, and I have a Modest natured gal with Natural Cure and what appears to have 31 IVs in Attack (irrelevant, but there you are), Defense, and Special Attack.

This is what I have in mind for her moves:
--Calm Mind
--Softboiled
--Ice Beam
--Thunderbolt (Possibly Flamethrower, I haven't decided yet)

I'm torn on where to place her EVs -- I'm definitely thinking 252 in Special Attack, but I'm not sure whether to focus on HP or Defense, or divvy up the EVs between the two. Thoughts?

Zachmac

Can someone advise me on a good EV Spread for my Blissey? I want to get some offensive use out of her, and I have a Modest natured gal with Natural Cure and what appears to have 31 IVs in Attack (irrelevant, but there you are), Defense, and Special Attack.

--Calm Mind
--Softboiled
--Ice Beam

I'm torn on where to place her EVs -- I'm definitely thinking 252 in Special Attack, but I'm not sure whether to focus on HP or Defense, or divvy up the EVs between the two. Thoughts?
Blissy is extremely slow and relatively weak, so you're going to want more then one Calm Mind set up anyway. Being as slow as it is, it's main focus will be surviving, you'll probably want maximum HP and defense.

However, Blissy still will not take physical hits very well, so it might be better to use Eviolite Chansy and focus on removing enemy fighting types before using it. Also, if possible, Serene Grace is a better ability, since you'll be using BoltBeam.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant

--Calm Mind
--Softboiled
--Ice Beam

lool eviolite chansey is way better than blissey....also it's phydical defences are low.......

so maybe 252 hp 168 specdef 90 specatk
this might help you

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Blissy is extremely slow and relatively weak, so you're going to want more then one Calm Mind set up anyway. Being as slow as it is, it's main focus will be surviving, you'll probably want maximum HP and defense.

However, Blissy still will not take physical hits very well, so it might be better to use Eviolite Chansy and focus on removing enemy fighting types before using it. Also, if possible, Serene Grace is a better ability, since you'll be using BoltBeam.

2 issues though 1 isn't really an issue. Natural cure provides protection from status and can help by protecting a team mate. Example you switch Blissey in when the opponent is likely to hit you with toxic/will-o-wisp or thunder wave have blissey take it then swap out but this isn't all to useful.

2. Chansey has much lower s.atk then Blissey so it has even more issues when setting up and if the opponent has a calm mind use then you could be in trouble especially if they have psyshock or in the case of ubers Mewtwo's psystrike.

One last thing blissey tend to use toxic and seismic toss as its main offense for a reason as it takes to long to boost and the opponent can have multiple counters to calm mind Blissey.

dragsaw

Any wat to make my haaxorus work (in terms of teams)

@Muacle Band
Mold Breaker,
Adamant
Atk: 410
Def: 213
Sp.Atk: pointless
Sp. Def: 155
Speed: super low at 262

~dragon Dance
~earthquake
~dragon claw
~brick brake

He holds great sentimental value to me)

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Any wat to make my haaxorus work (in terms of teams)

@Muacle Band
Mold Breaker,
Adamant
Atk: 410
Def: 213
Sp.Atk: pointless
Sp. Def: 155
Speed: super low at 262

~dragon Dance
~earthquake
~dragon claw
~brick brake

He holds great sentimental value to me)

The attack stat is actually only a few points shy of being flawless, so you've got that going for you. The both defenses are very below where they should be though, even if you had a hindering nature for them, and that Speed stat will really hurt you on an already somewhat slow Dragon. If you want to use that specific one for some reason ("sentimental value"), my suggestion would be to give him a Choice Scarf and go for a moveset akin to the standard Choice Band one; namely, Outrage, Superpower, Earthquake and Aqua Tail/Dragon Claw. Because of how high its Attack stat is, you could probably still make it work in casual matches.

Belanger12

Hello all,
I recently EV trained a Larvesta (obviously to become a volcarona) with 252evs in Sp.A, 152evs in Spe., and 100evs in Sp.D. I'm not big on IVs so I didn't pay much attention there, however it does have a careful nature (I wanted to add some bulk.
My issue is that it's Sp.A is only 199 at level 65 now and doesn't seem to be on any pace to be as high as it should be. In wondering where I could have gone wrong in the training process or if it will eventually catch up to where it should be

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
Careful nature is -Sp. Atk and +Sp. Def so that is guaranteed to be your problem as you're already down 10% of your possible Sp. Atk

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Hello all,
I recently EV trained a Larvesta (obviously to become a volcarona) with 252evs in Sp.A, 152evs in Spe., and 100evs in Sp.D. I'm not big on IVs so I didn't pay much attention there, however it does have a careful nature (I wanted to add some bulk.
My issue is that it's Sp.A is only 199 at level 65 now and doesn't seem to be on any pace to be as high as it should be. In wondering where I could have gone wrong in the training process or if it will eventually catch up to where it should be

Careful is really bad for this pokemon as it drops it's s.atk. Calm or bold is what you want for bulk I personally prefer modest for attacking but its you choice and don't forget the IVs either they need to be decent if you using it competitively.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Careful is really bad for this pokemon as it drops it's s.atk. Calm or bold is what you want for bulk I personally prefer modest for attacking but its you choice and don't forget the IVs either they need to be decent if you using it competitively.

More Bold than Calm in the case of Volcarona, as its Defense is abysmally low compared to its Special Defense, and you typically want to boost the one that is lower.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
More Bold than Calm in the case of Volcarona, as its Defense is abysmally low compared to its Special Defense, and you typically want to boost the one that is lower.

Depends on whether you want to try to reduce heavy damage or try to force more stuff out if you boost Volcarona's s.def then you might wall a special attacker that lacks a proper coverage move otherwise boosting the def is the better option.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Depends on whether you want to try to reduce heavy damage or try to force more stuff out if you boost Volcarona's s.def then you might wall a special attacker that lacks a proper coverage move otherwise boosting the def is the better option.

Special attackers aren't going to stay in on Volcarona in the first place. You wouldn't EV a Blissey for Special Defense; you EV bulky Pokemon in the stat they're less adept in.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Volcarona can get all the spdef he needs with quiver dance, bold is definitely better on a bulky set, though I still prefer modest in most cases.

poyplemcmuffins

Hi guys, I have a rhyperior on my VGC team and I was wondering what a good item would be for it. It has earthquake, rock slide, megahorn, and protect with 252 attack evs and 252 Hp evs. Also this is a trick room team. Thank you for all suggestions. Also I have a chandelure that needs and item. It knows heat wave, shadow ball, pain split, and energy ball with 252 Hp evs and 252 sp attack evs.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Hi guys, I have a rhyperior on my VGC team and I was wondering what a good item would be for it. It has earthquake, rock slide, megahorn, and protect with 252 attack evs and 252 Hp evs. Also this is a trick room team. Thank you for all suggestions. Also I have a chandelure that needs and item. It knows heat wave, shadow ball, pain split, and energy ball with 252 Hp evs and 252 sp attack evs.

Based on my own experience using Rhyperior, I would suggest Leftovers, especially if it has Protect. The recovery can be really useful on him, especially if you can modify his speed somehow (Rock Polish on mine, Trick Room on yours). Chandelure would probably benefit from just a plain old Life Orb the most, especially as it can recover HP through Pain Split.

Mr.Ducky209

Hellaphants
Can someone help me out? I want to start RNG manipulating my pokemon and I need a RNG reporter and timer that works for 4th gen and is compatible with Macintosh. Please bros! Thanks in advance