• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Zephraxe

Okay. So, I'm participating in the International June 2013 tournament and I found a predicament with a certain Kingdra I was battling. My Latios has a nature (I don't remember at the moment what it is) that benefits speed. It also has 252 Speed EVs and is holding a Choice Scarf which increases speed by 50%. This Kingdra (base speed 85) moved faster than my Latios (base speed 110). There were no weather conditions that could make it faster and it wasn't holding a Choice Scarf or any other item that allows it to move first.

My point being: Is it possible for a Kingdra to be faster than a Latios with all of the given conditions above?

You can PM or VM me if you have an answer.

Xernoblade

Live long & prosper
Hey I'm building a team of Pokemon in my Black 2, and currently I'm working on a DW Raichu and DW Politoed. My plan is to use Politoed and Raichu first up in a double battle. This means Raichu will draw all Electric-type attacks with its ability, which guarantees Politoed only one weakness in addition to giving Thunder 100% accuracy. My questions are: a) Is this a good strategy to use? and b) Is there any way to eliminate Politoed's second weakness i.e Grass? (perhaps an item)

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Ok this migth be an odd question and I hope this is the right thread for it! I did check the rules and think im right here, sorry if i'm wrong.

Anyway I got a (wierd) question. On my ds, I don't have a full team yet. But now X and Y is coming up, I donm't wana make a full team yet, but stand alone pokemons that are reliable enough to also work in X and Y. I rng'd (am I allowed to mention this? just for my own situation) a bunch of pokemons that could be good. Wich pokemon shall I train first? The pokemons are: Zorark, hydreigon, starmie, victini, skarmory, scizor, keldeo, lation or kyurem? could the answer be PMed? I check that way more often then actual threads.

Do we have a Pokemon pure of each type, besides flying, that can be used competitively and is not legendary?

-Pinser
-Umbreon
-Haxorus
-Conkeldurr
-Manetric
-Arcainine
-Dusclops
-Sceptile
-Dugtrio
-Cryogonal
-Blissey
-Muk
-Alakazam
-Rampardos
-Klinklang
-Azumarill

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Hey I'm building a team of Pokemon in my Black 2, and currently I'm working on a DW Raichu and DW Politoed. My plan is to use Politoed and Raichu first up in a double battle. This means Raichu will draw all Electric-type attacks with its ability, which guarantees Politoed only one weakness in addition to giving Thunder 100% accuracy. My questions are: a) Is this a good strategy to use? and b) Is there any way to eliminate Politoed's second weakness i.e Grass? (perhaps an item)

1. Raichu is not the best option as there are 2 possibly better lightning rod option then raichu. Mainectric is popular do to its decent move pool and better s.atk and speed not to mention it gets overheat and flamethrower which can help with rain counters like scizor and ferrothorn. After that Rhyperior is decent with its massive atk and def but its very Even with either of those 2 the strategy still lacks power. I would go for a more offensive option(Tornadus-I has decent offense 100% accurate hurricane in rain and can provide support in the form of tailwind and taunt.)

2. The best I can recommend is to use reflect or light screen from another pokemon as there are both physical and special grass type pokemon that can deal a good chunk of damage to politoad. to be honest going more offense for doubles is the better idea as its a much faster metagame then singles(I switch my pokemon out constantly in doubles for that reason as people don't expect you to switch do to how fast the battles end but i built my team as a bulky offensive one that use tornadus to boost my speed so I can take a few extra hits.)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
-Pinser <---- Not what I'd call competitively viable, but it's not like there's any better options.
-Umbreon <---- Best option available I guess.
-Haxorus <---- Ok.
-Conkeldurr <---- Ok.
-Manetric <---- Jolteon.
-Arcainine <---- Ninetales.
-Dusclops <---- Cofagrigus.
-Sceptile <---- Ok.
-Dugtrio <---- Mhm, as well as Donphan
-Cryogonal <---- Mmmm... Again, not what I'd call viable, but there aren't any better options.
-Blissey <---- Ok.
-Muk <---- Not even close to viable.
-Alakazam <---- Ok, along with Reuniclus, Azelf, etc.
-Rampardos <---- Not even close to viable, even in its tier.
-Klinklang <---- Not even close to viable.
-Azumarill <-----Hahaha no. Politoed, Suicune, and Vaporeon don't get mentions, but THAT unusable pos does?

Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick.

Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick.

He didnt ask for the best Pokemon. And all of those are at least some what useable in their own tiers. I can understand why you would say some of them are not great but they are still definately useable in their own tiers if you want them to be...I dont undersstand how you can say Azumarill is not useable though...

Nitpick nitpick nitpick

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
He didnt ask for the best Pokemon. And all of those are at least some what useable in their own tiers. I can understand why you would say some of them are not great but they are still definately useable in their own tiers if you want them to be...I dont undersstand how you can say Azumarill is not useable though...

Nitpick nitpick nitpick

Mmm, yeah, I suppose. I was judging most of them based on OU's standards to be honest. However, I haven't seen Rampardos used to any success anywhere, even in NU. I hear it's good in tier shift, but that's not an official tier.

Mmm, yeah, I suppose. I was judging most of them based on OU's standards to be honest. However, I haven't seen Rampardos used to any success anywhere, even in NU. I hear it's good in tier shift, but that's not an official tier.

Well when you base it off of OU only that is not a very fair comparison is it. I mean naturally a lot of these will not be very helpful in OU but to ignore how they perform in there own tier is kind of very discretiting...I guess you are right about Rampardos though. The only time I have seen it play well was on a BP team and that with a limited sucess I guess

EonDragonFTW

So has anyone noticed that Smogon is down?
I can't seem to get to it

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So has anyone noticed that Smogon is down?
I can't seem to get to it

Smogon's been down for almost a week now. If you really need it, you can use Google Chrome to access cached copies of Smogon's pages. Just use Chrome to Google whatever it is on Smogon that you're looking for, and when the page doesn't come up, it will give you access to a cached copy of the page from June 25.

EonDragonFTW

Smogon's been down for almost a week now. If you really need it, you can use Google Chrome to access cached copies of Smogon's pages. Just use Chrome to Google whatever it is on Smogon that you're looking for, and when the page doesn't come up, it will give you access to a cached copy of the page from June 25.

oh ok. Does anyone know why it's down?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Has Jirachi ever been considered for a 5th generation suspect test? It seems like such a luck-based Pokemon that it might have been suspect tested before, and I missed out on the entire first half of this generation.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Has Jirachi ever been considered for a 5th generation suspect test? It seems like such a luck-based Pokemon that it might have been suspect tested before, and I missed out on the entire first half of this generation.

Nope. It was probably only considered to be broken by a few but it was never seriously considered a suspect like thundurus i and excadrill, both of whom were obviously banned. They also tested garchomp and darkrai early on and of course they were deemed broken and stayed in ubers.

also, smogon is back up.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Nope. It was probably only considered to be broken by a few but it was never seriously considered a suspect like thundurus i and excadrill, both of whom were obviously banned. They also tested garchomp and darkrai early on and of course they were deemed broken and stayed in ubers.

also, smogon is back up.

Garchomp went back to OU actually. And yeah, Jirachi is one of those things that technically has enough checks to stay in OU, but if you don't have one of its checks it's just impossible to take down. One of the most obnoxious Pokemon this last generation by far.