• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

McDanger

Okay, odd question about EV training, is there a place in white two with a high amount of attack plus Pokemon? (In case I didn't make that clear enough, I mean Pokemon that when beat count as attack EVs?) The best I got is route 19, (only parat and purrloin) but I do so much better with special attack, (celestial tower, nothing but litwick) and speed (outside dragon spiral tower, surfing, all basculin) So I guess I was wondering where do you tipically train for attack EVs? Is route 19 really the best choice? Or is there a better route?

route 1 is the best but everything is a lot strong, iirc mid 50s, but both heirdier and watchog give 2 attack evs

sarysa

Series slave
速い Mamoswine

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for my question, but I'm trying to figure out if I ended up battling a hacked pokemon. Disclaimer is I'm pretty new at this...have done research but I'm very terrible at battling nonetheless. :p

That said, I'm trying to figure out how a Mamoswine outruns a Dugtrio. What I've looked into:
- Mamoswine's base speed is 80, Dugtrio's is 120
- The Dugtrio is fully Speed EV trained, has max speed IVs, and the nature is speed neutral
- No speed modifiers on either pokemon, obviously. I doubt there's a held item that could bridge the gap.
- No "strike first" item was used on the Mamoswine. (it would broadcast this, right?)
- Mamoswine has no ability that can boost speed
- The move used by mamo did not have increased priority.
- No Trick Room

I can't imagine a +speed nature on the Mamoswine bridging the massive gap between the two. So was this legitimate?

(in case you're wondering my motive for the Dugtrio...I'm not really too competitive and I just like the thing, but I also like its Arena Trap ability. at least with pub it's serves a valuable (albeit specialized) purpose sometimes ;) )

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for my question, but I'm trying to figure out if I ended up battling a hacked pokemon. Disclaimer is I'm pretty new at this...have done research but I'm very terrible at battling nonetheless. :p

That said, I'm trying to figure out how a Mamoswine outruns a Dugtrio. What I've looked into:
- Mamoswine's base speed is 80, Dugtrio's is 120
- The Dugtrio is fully Speed EV trained, has max speed IVs, and the nature is speed neutral
- No speed modifiers on either pokemon, obviously. I doubt there's a held item that could bridge the gap.
- No "strike first" item was used on the Mamoswine. (it would broadcast this, right?)
- Mamoswine has no ability that can boost speed
- The ability used did not have increased priority.

I can't imagine a +speed nature on the Mamoswine bridging the massive gap between the two. So was this legitimate?

(in case you're wondering my motive for the Dugtrio...I'm not really too competitive and I just like the thing, but I also like its Arena Trap ability. at least with pub it's serves a valuable (albeit specialized) purpose sometimes ;) )

I'm assuming by the last note it didn't use Ice Shard, so the only option is it was Scarfed which a believe outspeeds neutral Dugtrio

sarysa

Series slave
I'm assuming by the last note it didn't use Ice Shard, so the only option is it was Scarfed which a believe outspeeds neutral Dugtrio

My memory is terrible but I'm pretty sure it spammed the same move, so this must be true. Thanks. :)

One day I'll figure out all the common tricks and find ways to counter. (to emphasize how new at this I am, yesterday was my first (and only) FEAR/fake out loss, heh :p )

Last edited:
Roserade is the best partner I've found for Suicune in UU. It synergizes well with Suicune since it takes on Electric and Grass attacks aimed at it, absorbs Toxic Spikes (which non-RestTalk Suicune hates), and sets up Spikes or Toxic Spikes of its own to aid a sweep. Suicune really hates Shaymin and Roserade in particular since they take Surfs really easily and kill it with STAB Grass attacks, so something to better cover those two would be nice. I think bulky Roserade can sort of handle opposing Shaymin and KO with Sludge Bomb, but you might want to run something else for opposing Roserade. Crobat comes to mind since it shuts down Roserade's utility with Taunt and takes both STABs pretty easily. I suppose Rotom-H could also work since it can tank Roserade's Grass attacks really well and threaten to OHKO back, plus it's one of the few Fire-types to not fear Shaymin's Earth Power

I'm not a big UU player, but I hope that helps!

Tophatmoffet

Dumb Idiot
So I'm attempting to build an attack based sweeper Nidoking that is bulky in special defense, and I'm not sure how much speed I need. I'd like to have as much special defense as possible, but I'm not entirely sure on that either.

Cherche

Banned
Thanks guys but whats a good set for camerupt that can set up stealth rocks?

Camerupt (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Pretty simple EV spread, Toxic or Will-O-Wisp are other options for the 4th slot.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
What nature, EVs, and moveset would be best for Origin Forme Giratina? I'm looking for a bulky offensive set (or whatever is best for Origin Giratina). Feel free to factor in potential Gen VI threats.

Cherche

Banned
What nature, EVs, and moveset would be best for Origin Forme Giratina? I'm looking for a bulky offensive set (or whatever is best for Origin Giratina). Feel free to factor in potential Gen VI threats.

For you, I would definitely suggest the mixed set. Giratina's Ghost / Dragon typing gives it fantastic STAB moves to work with while also hitting a large portion of the Ubers meta for heavy damage. Here is the set you should be using.

487-origin.gif

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power Fire / Earthquake / Will-O-Wisp

Feel free to experiment with a different EV Spread & other moves in the last slot to see what works.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
For you, I would definitely suggest the mixed set. Giratina's Ghost / Dragon typing gives it fantastic STAB moves to work with while also hitting a large portion of the Ubers meta for heavy damage. Here is the set you should be using.

487-origin.gif

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power Fire / Earthquake / Will-O-Wisp

Feel free to experiment with a different EV Spread & other moves in the last slot to see what works.

I honestly don't see myself using Dragon Tail that much. I'm thinking Iron Head to replace it (fairies) and Pain Split for the last slot. Thoughts?

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I honestly don't see myself using Dragon Tail that much. I'm thinking Iron Head to replace it (fairies) and Pain Split for the last slot. Thoughts?

The only Fairies you should be worried about are Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy. Iron Head isn't going to help you beat Arceus Fairy, but a combination of Iron Head + Shadow sneak could be used to defeat Xerneas. Then again, Earthquake + Shadow sneak should defeat Xerneas too (if only I had a damage calculator to verify this, but I guess it will if you have stealth rocks up) and Earthquake has several other advantages over Iron head as well.

Giratina doesn't learn pain split. If you want it to recover HP, it may be best to just use normal Giratina with leftovers.

EDIT: It doesn't look like Giratina learns Iron head either....

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The only Fairies you should be worried about are Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy. Iron Head isn't going to help you beat Arceus Fairy, but a combination of Iron Head + Shadow sneak could be used to defeat Xerneas. Then again, Earthquake + Shadow sneak should defeat Xerneas too (if only I had a damage calculator to verify this, but I guess it will if you have stealth rocks up) and Earthquake has several other advantages over Iron head as well.

Giratina doesn't learn pain split. If you want it to recover HP, it may be best to just use normal Giratina with leftovers.

Giratina does get Iron Head via Move Tutor in B2/W2, I believe. Unless I'm dreaming about having taught my Giratina Iron Head way back in Platinum for in-game.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism

Giratina does get Iron Head and Pain Split from B2/W2 tutors. Pain Split is only learned while in Altered form.

maximomrc

Hello folks, how are ya? I'm from Brazil and have a question about growlithe's evolution. I would like to let him as growlithe until it learns outrage, but i'm worried about letting him not evolve for a long time. I'm worried about his stats. Is it better to evolve him as soon as he borns, so that he could grow strong as he will always be an arcanine, or this simply does not affect his stats at all? At lvl 100 will have a difference in his stats if a i evolve him earlier? Thanks for the help?

Honus

Hello folks, how are ya? I'm from Brazil and have a question about growlithe's evolution. I would like to let him as growlithe until it learns outrage, but i'm worried about letting him not evolve for a long time. I'm worried about his stats. Is it better to evolve him as soon as he borns, so that he could grow strong as he will always be an arcanine, or this simply does not affect his stats at all? At lvl 100 will have a difference in his stats if a i evolve him earlier? Thanks for the help?

It is worth the wait. Growlithe can hold its own in battle and the great amount of moves it will have learned from holding off evolution will benefit it as an Arcanine. To answer your question, no, it won't lose any stats from holding off its evolution. Arcanine's maximum stats are the same at level 100 regardless of what level it is evolved from a Growlithe at.