• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Nikeman420

OG Trainer
What kind of Scizor set would you recommend ? And so Keldeo I should definitely go with ? Anybody have anything for Barbacle or Scrafty? Or how's about a Walrien and Scrafty ??

OR.. what about a Swampert.. ???

Last edited:

JL_muserwolves

♫ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫
I'm operating under the assumption this is OU, since you mentioned picking OU stuff. If it's supposed to be for VCG, which means doubles, I apologize as the team composition's going to be completely different.

For Scizor, I would recommend a bulky Defog set as between Charizard and Thundurus you're really not a fan of Stealth Rock staying up. Something along the lines of maxed-out HP and SpDef with Defog and Roost, and then probably U-turn and Iron Head/Bullet Punch.

Pair that with a physically defensive Amoonguss: Black Sludge for the item, and then Spore/Giga Drain/two of Sludge Bomb, Toxic, Clear Smog, Foul Play and Hidden Power Fire.

As far as Keldeo vs. Swampert is concerned, Keldeo provides a very strong offensive option that Swampert can't hope to match, but it's not exactly the bulkiest thing in the world. It really depends on whether you want a stronger team on offense or defense, but if you opt for Swampert I'd look for something that might be able to use Wish and Heal Bell in support instead of the Amoonguss pivot. I'm not sure what you mean by Barbaracle or Walrein or Scrafty, but all of those are completely outmatched at OU level and you shouldn't worry about seeing them or using them.

Nikeman420

OG Trainer
Thanks for your advice. Anything people recommend I definitely keep into consideration. The only reason I was thinking Swampert was because I wanted a ground type as well.. and/Or EQ on one of my pokemon.. still new to the whole competitive thing. I know how the ev training works.. abiliyies, etc. My biggest thing I need to work on right now is strategy. The new fairy type thing is kinda throwing me off too. Thibking maybe I should use it since it IS new and just play around with dif types and strategies. And see the thing about my Scizor is that I already maxed out it's evs in speed and attack and put the rest on his def

Last edited:

cuckator

Hey guys my idea is to start pokemon again, i only now the 151 pokemon and the ones on kanto.
i want to play wifi battle and dont get rekt, so i need to decide which game to buy, Pokemon Y or a game from oras. I know that the oras games are newer and have more megas and legendarys but the nostalgia and all of the pokemons i know are in the other game.
so do you think is a disvantage to play pokemon Y?, its there other way to obtain the first 150 pokemons in oras?
what do you recomend me to buy?

EKZ1505

I'm the same, I do many Online Competitions and for now I have received the events Pokémon (Whitney's Miltank, Lance's dragonite) but not this one.
Thank you for the help!
Let's wait until they announce something!

I just got my code, as did some of my friends, so hopefully yours has arrived too!

Nikeman420

OG Trainer
Hey guys my idea is to start pokemon again, i only now the 151 pokemon and the ones on kanto.
i want to play wifi battle and dont get rekt, so i need to decide which game to buy, Pokemon Y or a game from oras. I know that the oras games are newer and have more megas and legendarys but the nostalgia and all of the pokemons i know are in the other game.
so do you think is a disvantage to play pokemon Y?, its there other way to obtain the first 150 pokemons in oras?
what do you recomend me to buy?

Hey I grew up I the same era as you. I'm 26 years old and I just got back into it heavily a couple months ago the reason I got x version was because I played the original ruby/saph games and I wanted just see new everything. The mega s are in x and y too it's really worth it. I'm still kind of new to all the new stuff too but I will help u with whatever I can. U can send me a pm if you would like as well. And if we register each other's friend codes on our ds devices we can practice battle as much as u want. Because I still need touching up on my teams I'm putting together. I haven't even gotten oras yet which I plan on doing but either way I definitely recommend getting at least one of the new games

Doragan

Hey everyone. I am currently trying to make teams based off the Gym leaders and have made two teams and am working on my third. Flannery, Misty are done working on Erika any input for the other teams or even pokemon that have egg moves would be a huge help.

Smokin' weedle

So here's my question, does flash fire work the same way as lightning rod? Becouse i want to use a flareon with my leafeon to cover each other, but don't know if it will work

EKZ1505

So here's my question, does flash fire work the same way as lightning rod? Becouse i want to use a flareon with my leafeon to cover each other, but don't know if it will work

Is this for singles or doubles? For singles, yes it will work. If you send in Flareon on a fire move aimed at Leafeon, Flareon will take no damage and will get the boost for fire moves. For doubles, however, Flash Fire will not draw away fire attacks aimed at Leafeon like how Lightning Rod draws away electric attacks.

Last edited:

Smokin' weedle

Is this for singles or doubles? For singles, yes it will work. If you send in Flareon on a fire move aimed at Leafeon, Flareon will take no damage and will get the boost for fire moves. For doubles, however, Flash Fire will not draw away fire attacks aimed at Leafeon like how Lightning Rod draws away electric attacks.
Thanks, guess i'm going to need to be carefull then

Asdeev

So I just started to build out a team in Omega Ruby. I've wanted to use Tyrantrum as part of it, but I'm finding it a little challenging to build a team around it. So far I've come up with the following:

Tyrantrum
Alakazam
Metagross
Umbreon
Gliscor

I haven't fully decided all the movesets, natures, or EV spreads just yet, and I still need to add in one more Pokemon to the team. I also feel that someone from the team can be swapped for something a bit better but I'm just not sure what to swap. Can anyone give me some feedback on this? Thanks!

Smokin' weedle

I haven't fully decided all the movesets, natures, or EV spreads just yet, and I still need to add in one more Pokemon to the team. I also feel that someone from the team can be swapped for something a bit better but I'm just not sure what to swap. Can anyone give me some feedback on this? Thanks!

It depends on what your pokemon do. Tyrantrum has a great offensive movepool, with rock head and head smash as a great combo. Alakazam is a great offensive pokemon, but you want to watch out for priority moves. Metagross is a great pokemon overall, but has a few minor points, as long as you have meteor mash, you should be fine. umbreon is not really good. It has terrible offenses, and not to many support moves it can use. You might want to change it for a different pokemon. If you want a defensive eeveelution, use glaceon. Gliscor is a great pokemon overal, so keep it. As last pokemon, use a fire, grass or electrick type, to even out the team.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
It depends on what your pokemon do. Tyrantrum has a great offensive movepool, with rock head and head smash as a great combo. Alakazam is a great offensive pokemon, but you want to watch out for priority moves. Metagross is a great pokemon overall, but has a few minor points, as long as you have meteor mash, you should be fine. umbreon is not really good. It has terrible offenses, and not to many support moves it can use. You might want to change it for a different pokemon. If you want a defensive eeveelution, use glaceon. Gliscor is a great pokemon overal, so keep it. As last pokemon, use a fire, grass or electrick type, to even out the team.
Glaceon is horrible, especially defensively. It has no recovery and mono-Ice is terribad for something you want to use as a wall or tank since it has so many weaknesses.

Smokin' weedle

Glaceon is horrible, especially defensively. It has no recovery and mono-Ice is terribad for something you want to use as a wall or tank since it has so many weaknesses.
It completly depends on how you use glaceon, mine for example managed to take three legends (jirachi, shaymin, rayquaza) down before being defeated. Besides, most eeveelutions are horrible, either with moves or stats.

KillerDraco

It completly depends on how you use glaceon, mine for example managed to take three legends (jirachi, shaymin, rayquaza) down before being defeated. Besides, most eeveelutions are horrible, either with moves or stats.

No, it is objectively bad and your justification is anecdotal. Based on what you're saying, it is painfully obvious that you were playing against a terrible player (since Jirachi alone beats Glaceon 1v1 almost 100% of the time), and beating a terrible player does not make a Pokemon good. It sounds like your standard terrible player who just stacks Legendary Pokemon on their team without any regard for EVs or nature (which is common on Wifi).

As Kaxrida mentioned, Glaceon has too many factors that undermine any defensive utility. Namely, the worst defensive typing in the game is a big one, given Ice typing affords only a single resistance (to ice), and its many weaknesses (Fire, Fighting, Steel, Rock) are all very common, and that aforementioned Rock weakness means you lose 25% of your HP every time it switches in, which rapidly wears it down. Plus, while its defense and special defense may be alright, its HP is not, as base 65 HP undermines any attempt at longevity. It does have Wish in an attempt to keep its HP up, but without instant Recovery and its low HP, it can often be KO'ed before it can recover its HP. It also doesn't help that its abilities are both bad, given it needs hail support for either one to do anything, and Hail in general is pretty bad, being the worst weather condition.

None of the Eeveelutions are really great or anything but some are better than others. Glaceon is pretty much the bottom of the barrel Eeveelution, alongside Leafeon and Flareon.

Last edited:

Smokin' weedle

None of the Eeveelutions are really great or anything but some are better than others. Glaceon is pretty much the bottom of the barrel Eeveelution, alongside Leafeon and Flareon.

I will admit he stacked legends, what might also explain the fact that my other pokemon was hitmonchan (or lee, I can't tell them apart, the boxer one) but he had an abomasnow (not mega i believe) who started a hail, boosting glaceon's whatever the word is. As jirachi's first attack missed, my sand attack could drop his accuracy, and i could take it down with dig( yes, those are terrible moves for it, but it seems to work... Kinda)(i lost hitmonchan to the hail) the other two just had weaknesses against blizzard. As for leafeon and flareon, they work quite well in a double battle, if leafeon can get a sunny day of.( or use a good pokemon) making flareon a great suicide attacker. This makes me say that leafeon shares the bottom with espeon or umbreon, whom are "terrible player" sees as a great attacker.

I need help with an eevee i have to train for a deal with a friend, what's the best eeveelution for an eevee with perfect iv's in attack and sp.defence, with brave nature?

Last edited by a moderator:

Resolute

ribombee is my dawg
Hmm...you might want to breed a different Eevee. The problem is that the current stats that you're describing don't really fit into any Eeveelution. :/

I'm tempted to say that Umbreon would be your best bet, but just rebreeding to fit a certain Eeveelution is probably better. Is there a specific evolution your friend is looking for, or doesn't he really care?

Smokin' weedle

I'm tempted to say that Umbreon would be your best bet, but just rebreeding to fit a certain Eeveelution is probably better. Is there a specific evolution your friend is looking for, or doesn't he really care?
Well, the problem is that the deal was to both train a team of six wonder trade pokemon, who all had two or more perfect iv's. Eevee was the last one added to my team, but i have to use it. I'm not allowed to breed different ones from it, and i have to evolve it.

Resolute

ribombee is my dawg
Oh, okay. Well, in that case, Flareon would probably make the most use out of the beneficial Attack nature that the Eevee has. That's just my opinion, though.

Im think of making a bold eviolite tangela with the moves giga drain, hp fire and leech seed and I need help deciding what the 4th move should be.