• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I think camoflauge turns Zygarde into a normal type in wifi. After that and a DD boost, E-Speed'll prolly be doin a lot since it becomes STAB. Regardless, DD EdgeQuake w/ E-Speed'll prolly see you a bit more consistency. DD camo is a wacky set for sure though.

Keep resetting and good luck!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I think camoflauge turns Zygarde into a normal type in wifi. After that and a DD boost, E-Speed'll prolly be doin a lot since it becomes STAB. Regardless, DD EdgeQuake w/ E-Speed'll prolly see you a bit more consistency. DD camo is a wacky set for sure though.

Keep resetting and good luck!

Yes, but why Careful? Seems to me like Jolly (or perhaps Adamant) would be ideal for a set like that.

KillerDraco

You may gain STAB on Extreme Speed, but you lose STAB on Earthquake in the process, and you hinder Zygarde's already limited coverage by sacrificing another moveslot. Plus, the +1 Attack Boost from DD gives you the same damage boost, except to all moves. Camouflage is extremely niche, but DD + Camo is not good due to the aforementioned issues of limited coverage; Zygarde already struggles to fit everything it wants into a single set, and Camouflage furthers this problem.

Smokin' weedle

So i was playing with m-absol, and swapped him into a toxic. That made me wonder: say there's two absols, or anything with magic bounce, and one uses toxic ir something like that, who gets the poisen?

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
So i was playing with m-absol, and swapped him into a toxic. That made me wonder: say there's two absols, or anything with magic bounce, and one uses toxic ir something like that, who gets the poisen?
Magic Bounce only triggers on the field once per turn, so the Mega Absol that used Toixc would get hit.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ive been seein a lot of Screech Dugtrio on PS. Is that a thing now? It is to dispatch Chansey? That's really all I can think it does with that move. It's very interesting and am wondering what yall think of it?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Ive been seein a lot of Screech Dugtrio on PS. Is that a thing now? It is to dispatch Chansey? That's really all I can think it does with that move. It's very interesting and am wondering what yall think of it?

Pretty much. It's a reliable way to dispose of Chansey, Heatran, Tyranitar, etc., all of whom can cause a lot of problems for certain kinds of teams. It's extremely specialized and not something you can just slap onto any team but Arena Trap does give it a viable niche in OU. And yes, I do believe Screech is almost entirely for killing Chansey.

RyeBird

Bird Of Bread
Basically, I am trying to get a Jolly Infiltrator Crobat. I have a female Zubat with Infliltrator breeding with another Zubat with Inner Focus and Jolly nature. What are the odds that I get an offspring with Infiltrator as I am yet to get one.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Pretty much. It's a reliable way to dispose of Chansey, Heatran, Tyranitar, etc., all of whom can cause a lot of problems for certain kinds of teams. It's extremely specialized and not something you can just slap onto any team but Arena Trap does give it a viable niche in OU. And yes, I do believe Screech is almost entirely for killing Chansey.

It's just really odd seeing Screech of all moves! Trapping abilities really do open doors for any mon lucky to have one.

Basically, I am trying to get a Jolly Infiltrator Crobat. I have a female Zubat with Infliltrator breeding with another Zubat with Inner Focus and Jolly nature. What are the odds that I get an offspring with Infiltrator as I am yet to get one.

Pretty big chance if its a female hidden ability bat breeding with a regular ability male bat. The females have more of a chance of passing down their abiltities. 80%, I think?
You won't wait for very long if its a female HA bat breeding with another bat. Just be sure you have the correct items on every mon and such.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

In what game? In Black/White, females have a 60% chance to pass on abilities and in Black 2/White 2 and all 6th Generation games they have an 80% chance to pass on abilities.

It's just really odd seeing Screech of all moves! Trapping abilities really do open doors for any mon lucky to have one.

Mmm, it was a staple of 5th gen Sun teams for its ability to kill Tyranitar and opposing Heatran, two of the biggest pains in the *** for Sun teams to handle, as well as being able to sacrifice itself to knock up to around 80% off of defensive Politoed and have a solid chance to KO other variants with Earthquake + Reversal. These days weather-based teams aren't nearly as viable so it has a bit of a harder time finding a teamslot in OU, but on teams that want the handful of things that it can reliably dispose of removed it can definitely be an option.

For some reason I find it kind of ironic that Dugtrio can trap and kill Magnezone, OU's other primary trapper now that Shadow Tag is banned.

Last edited:

RyeBird

Bird Of Bread
It's in Oras. I think I've hatched at least 35 eggs by now. Still no HA. My male is holding an everstone to pass down the Jolly nature and the female holding the destiny bond.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh yea Xatu/Duggy sun. U-Turn into Duggy on the T-Tar and stuff
Dugs is still findin its home on teams though and that's cool. It's due for 10 point attack raise this gen imo!

It's in Oras. I think I've hatched at least 35 eggs by now. Still no HA. My male is holding an everstone to pass down the Jolly nature and the female holding the destiny bond.

Your female must already have the Hidden Ability Infiltrator and your male can be whichever ability.
Unless you're having an astronomical stroke of bad luck, they should be popping out HA's.

RyeBird

Bird Of Bread
The Zubat Stats:

The Female has Infiltrator, She is holding a Destiny Knot.

The Male has Inner Focus. He has Jolly nature. He is holding an Everstone to pass down the Jolly nature.

I feel like the Everstone passes down abilities aswell...

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The Zubat Stats:

The Female has Infiltrator, She is holding a Destiny Knot.

The Male has Inner Focus. He has Jolly nature. He is holding an Everstone to pass down the Jolly nature.

I feel like the Everstone passes down abilities aswell...

Mmm no, Everstone only passes down abilities. A female HA has an 80% chance to pass on its ability, so if you haven't gotten it yet you're just getting unlucky. Double check the daycare center and make sure you put the right Zubat in it.

RyeBird

Bird Of Bread
picture010.jpg

(Sorry about the quality)

You can kinda see that it says Zubat and Infiltrator. I think I'm just getting unlucky, I will just keep trying...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
my mainly UU battle team does pretty well for the most part against most opponents but is unviable for OU or uber. i do manage to beat some OU teams but its not too often. my question regards my use of Gliscor with EQ, ice fang, taunt and SD. it seems that i catch many opponents of guard with Gliscor's icefang. ive had several players switch in ice weakness pokemon to VS my Gliscor. how common is it to run icefang on a Gliscor? i know some other bulky ground pkmn have access to icefang ie hippowdon but its not too often that i see ice coverage. i know several other pkmn use ice punch for coverage moves as well.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ice Fang is used to quickly beat out Lando, opposing Gliscor, Breloom, Dragonite, and for all around coverage. Usually the coverage you see alongside EQ for Gliscor would be Knock Off or even Facade.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Ice Fang is used to quickly beat out Lando, opposing Gliscor, Breloom, Dragonite, and for all around coverage. Usually the coverage you see alongside EQ for Gliscor would be Knock Off or even Facade.

thank you for the reply. i did chose ice fang for those dragons and ground types. i guess its a move that isnt the most common but not unheard of on Gliscor.

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
What's the best EV spread for an Assault Vest Golurk? I'm planning Adamant/252 Attack already but I don't know if I have to hit a certain Sp Def number to survive certain attacks. I'd also like to invest some HP and/or Def to help it take hits on both sides. Don't worry about speed either.

Last edited: