• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Vodka Haze

What would be a good EV spread for a Mega Mawile?

Amagidyne

Sunny Dreams
For Battle Maison Singles I have: Already: I have 2 reset bags/

Dragonite
Adamant/ Marvel Scales
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack
Aqua Jet/ Dragon Dance
Fire Punch/ Thunder Punch
Earthquake
Outrage

Lucario
Adamant/ Justified
EVs: 252 Att/ 252 Spe
Sword Dance
Extreme Speed
Close Combat
Ice Punch/ Rock Type Move

Flying, Electric Psychic and Fairy are unchecked in resistances
Fire, Ice, Dragon, Ground, Rock, Fairy Are weaknesses (Only Fairy is unchecked)(Lucario is to bait and switch rock and dark moves)

I was thinking of Rotom Wash, Starmie, Gengar. Opinions?

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Has Arceus-Fairy been confirmed yet?

There is a Pixie Plate, so signs point towards yes. However, Arceus isn't legitimately available outside of simulators until PokeBank is officially released, so... we can only assume until then.

I guess the only way to officially confirm it prior to PokeBank would be... hacking. Which is a bit... eh. And so we wait.

Roughneck JB

Hey, I have a Calm Zapdos with an IV spread of 31/x/31/30/31/x (HP Grass)

What would be the best EV spread for it this generation?
Moveset-wise, I was thinking Substitute, Roost, Discharge, Toxic/HP Grass, but suggestions are more than welcome.

McDanger

Hey, I have a Calm Zapdos with an IV spread of 31/x/31/30/31/x (HP Grass)

What would be the best EV spread for it this generation?
Moveset-wise, I was thinking Substitute, Roost, Discharge, Toxic/HP Grass, but suggestions are more than welcome.
With calm nature, a defensive set would be ideal, obviously a special defensive set, i`ld say 252hp/252sp def. As far as a moveset, i`ld go toxic, roost, discharge, hp grass/roar as substitute is mildy useful on defensive sets, while roar is generally superior on stallish teams, while hp grass is nice on balanced teams due, allowing it to muscle through what will be checks such as swampert and gastrodon.

Roughneck JB

With calm nature, a defensive set would be ideal, obviously a special defensive set, i`ld say 252hp/252sp def. As far as a moveset, i`ld go toxic, roost, discharge, hp grass/roar as substitute is mildy useful on defensive sets, while roar is generally superior on stallish teams, while hp grass is nice on balanced teams due, allowing it to muscle through what will be checks such as swampert and gastrodon.

Thanks for the tips! My instinct was a purely defensive spread, but I wasn't thinking as simply as 252/252! :D
I was planning on sticking this in a Mono Flying team, so do you think it's worth running some Sp. atk EVs to allow HP Grass to deal with Rotom-W, or would he be too weak either way?

Amagidyne

Sunny Dreams
Does anyone have any knowledge on how to Slowbro? This will be for my battle Tower Team I posted on the previous page. However with a key difference.

Anyways, Slowbro exists just to take a hit from bulky physical attackers/ any Sweepers. My Gengar is rather frail, so if I don't think I can OTK and be OTK'd in return, I'll switch to bro. (Plus he can take Stab Dragon and other team mate super effectives.

Anyways, for Slowbro I was thinking along the lines of

Bold/ 252/0/252/0/04/0 Leftovers Regenerator

Scald
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Slack Off

Or a Assault Vest
Same
Psyshock instead of Slack Off

I have a Gengar with gengarite

Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

A Choice Band Dragonite
Aqua Jet
Outrage
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Does anyone have any knowledge on how to Slowbro? This will be for my battle Tower Team I posted on the previous page. However with a key difference.

Anyways, for Slowbro I was thinking along the lines of

Bold/ 252/0/252/0/04/0 Leftovers Regenerator

Scald
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Slack Off

Or a Assault Vest
Same
Psyshock instead of Slack Off

I have a Gengar with gengarite

Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

A Choice Band Dragonite
Aqua Jet
Outrage
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Hmm, Assault Vest Slowbro... With Regenerator that's not a half bad idea to be honest, but I don't think his Sp. Atk is high enough for that. I'd go with a Calm Mind set, but that's just personal preference.

80.png

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold - Regenerator
252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
-Calm Mind
-Slack Off
-Scald
-Psyshock

Amagidyne

Sunny Dreams
What Counters Slowbro?

Ok, I will need Psyshock for sure. And Slack off. Ice Beam needs to stay (Remember this is a synergistic team)

Anyways, I can either go Grass Knot to destroy Bulky Waters or go Calm Mind. W/ Leftovers/Regenerator/Bold/ HP/DEF

Slack Off
Psyshock
Ice Beam
Calm Mind/ Grass Knot

EDIT: I miss Moonblast soooo much. It does the work of Ice Beam AND Psyshock :(

Last edited:

Honus

Your set is going to be a little hard to switch into, especially with Calm Mind Boosts but Scizor eats it up since you lack water or fire moves [this isn't a problem although I think they provide good coverage for him, I'd say the ideal se tfor CM Slowbro is Scald/Psyshock, your current one lets steels switch in pretty easily; Scizor is a big one here]. Aside from that, Slowbro is pretty hard to kill but any strong specially biased electric or grass types can hit it very hard before a CM boost, think like Mega Manectric, Heliolisk, Offensive Celebi. Strong physical hitters like Tyranitar w/ Choice Band and Scizor with Choice Band pose a threat, especially since your set doesn't have scald. Basically just look out for anything with strong special atk with super effective STAB vs Slowbro, or something extremely strong physical attack wise that can outspeed slowbro and has se stab vs it.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
If I'm planning on using Dynamicpunch on Metagross (don't try to talk me out of the move, my mind is made up), would this setup work?

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Sp Def
-Meteor Mash
-Ice Punch
-Dynamicpunch
-Hone Claws

Amagidyne

Sunny Dreams
Your set is going to be a little hard to switch into, especially with Calm Mind Boosts but Scizor eats it up since you lack water or fire moves [this isn't a problem although I think they provide good coverage for him, I'd say the ideal se tfor CM Slowbro is Scald/Psyshock, your current one lets steels switch in pretty easily; Scizor is a big one here]. Aside from that, Slowbro is pretty hard to kill but any strong specially biased electric or grass types can hit it very hard before a CM boost, think like Mega Manectric, Heliolisk, Offensive Celebi. Strong physical hitters like Tyranitar w/ Choice Band and Scizor with Choice Band pose a threat, especially since your set doesn't have scald. Basically just look out for anything with strong special atk with super effective STAB vs Slowbro, or something extremely strong physical attack wise that can outspeed slowbro and has se stab vs it.

Thank you for your suggestions!

I've switched around the rest of my team. I'm now set to destroy!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahah

My settled Slowbro Set

Regenerator
Bold
252/0/252/0/4/0
Leftovers

Calm Mind
Psyshock
Scald
Slack Off

My Game Plan:
Can I sweep with Gengar?
Yes ----> Sweep
No -----> Switch to Bro

Once I have Bro out I eliminate or damage the threat enough for Gengar or Dragonite to proceed, and then continue the pattern.

Switch and repeat

I've just switched my team around. Hahahahahah. Take this yah battle maison losers!

Dragonite
Fire Punch
Outrage
Thunder Punch
Earthquake

Gengar
Dazzling Beam
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast

Last edited:

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
I have a Goodra with max Defense and Special Defense, and I'm wondering if I should use three attack moves and Substitute with a random item, maybe like Leftovers
Or should I have 3 attack moves, and put an Assault Vest on the Goodra, and make the fourth move a random attack move, maybe such as Dragon Tail or something?

shadowF

I need help guys!
my team:
Mega charizard X-adamant
mega gardevoir-timid
aegislash-adamant
hawlucha-jolly
greninja-timid
so who should be my sixth member? I want this team to be used competitively so I need help guys!

I need help guys!
my team:
Mega charizard X-adamant
mega gardevoir-timid
aegislash-adamant
hawlucha-jolly
greninja-timid
so who should be my sixth member? I want this team to be used competitively so I need help guys!

Keep in mind that you can only use one Mega per match, so either Charizard or Gardevoir will be mostly dead weight. I suggest switching Mega Gardevoir for a Togekiss right off the bat.

As for your sixth member, you have a serious Talonflame weakness. This could be remedied easily with a Tyranitar, but it does compound weaknesses with Greninja. You could also put a Zygarde on here and that could patch up stuff.

shadowF

Keep in mind that you can only use one Mega per match, so either Charizard or Gardevoir will be mostly dead weight. I suggest switching Mega Gardevoir for a Togekiss right off the bat.

As for your sixth member, you have a serious Talonflame weakness. This could be remedied easily with a Tyranitar, but it does compound weaknesses with Greninja. You could also put a Zygarde on here and that could patch up stuff.

should I take out greninja then? and add two other different pokemon? if so which ones? Also I want to do two teams one with mega charizard x and another with mega blaziken. so who should be the 5 other members?

Amagidyne

Sunny Dreams
should I take out greninja then? and add two other different pokemon? if so which ones? Also I want to do two teams one with mega charizard x and another with mega blaziken. so who should be the 5 other members?

Just so you know, if your goal is a competitive team, you have already failed. A team supports itself through synergy. You have a group of independently competitive Pokemon who will not be able to cover for each other or provide support when needed. What I'm trying to say is that team building is an art. I'm still learning it after years of Pogeymanz.

Anyways for your team since you appear to love Charizard.

Remove greninja
Remove gardevoir

You then have Charizard Dragon/Ground/ Fire
Aegislash Ghost/Fighting
Hawlucha Flying/ Fighting/ Ground
Tyranitar/Tyrantum Rock/Ground/ Most things

Try Togekiss Flying/ Fighting/ Fairy For ground/ Dragon immunities.

( I agree with the Imposter on Togekiss and Tyranitar)

I'd suggest you go for a Special Sweeper. Try Starmie. Boltbeam coverage is nice.

Yawn.... Greninja's type weakness is of no consequence most of the time. #Protean He's just underwhelming in general, but fun as heck to play with. :p

Last edited:

shadowF

and for the mega blaziken team?
also is adamant good for aegislash?
also what natures for tyranitar and togekiss and what abilities should I choose?
since I want two teams one with mega charizard and one with mega blaziken, what should be the five members for mega blaziken?

Last edited: