• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

I would really like to make a team to setup for a Cloyster sweep, but I'm unsure of what would make a good core for it. Some that come to mind are Gliscor, Mega Venasaur, Lati@s, and of course some sort of spinner. Any thoughts would be appreciated :D

Cloyster really hates hazards, so a spinner is recommended. It likes SR on the other side to get crucial KOs, so RS is preferred over Defog in this instance. Forretress has pretty good synergy with Cloyster as a spinner and setter. A Talonflame or Extreme Speed user helps to get rid of opposing priority. Ways of dealing with physical titans are also helpful.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I find Landorus-T makes a great Cloyster parter thanks to his Ground typing letting him laugh off Electric moves and luring in Ice moves that Cloyster can set up on, while also setting up Stealth Rock and Intimidating opponents, making it easier for Cloyster to set up his Shell Smash. Espeon can set up dual Screens and bounce back opposing hazards, so he's worth a look into.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Is Jolly a good nature for Talonflame?

I got a Japanese, Jolly, Gale Wings Fletchling with 31 Attack and Speed IVs over the GTS. Is it worth training, or should I breed for an Adamant one?

KillerDraco

I got a Japanese, Jolly, Gale Wings Fletchling with 31 Attack and Speed IVs over the GTS. Is it worth training, or should I breed for an Adamant one?

It's not a bad nature. I personally prefer Adamant since its already high speed combined with priority via Gale Wings allows it to benefit from the extra power of Adamant. But I'm not really a math person so I lack the numbers to back that up. It's viable but largely up to personal preference if you'd rather it be Jolly or Adamant.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!

It's not bad, but one thing you could do is get an Adamant Pokemon in the same egg group (Or Ditto if it's male) and give that Pokemon an Everstone. Then give your Talonflame a Destiny Knot and breed until the Attack and Speed TVs get passed down.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I have a timid protean Frogadier what is a good moveset for him and what other pokemon can I associate with him to get a balanced team ?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I have a timid protean Frogadier what is a good moveset for him and what other pokemon can I associate with him to get a balanced team ?

greninja.png

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid - Protean
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Grass Knot
-Dark Pulse
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam

You'll want someone who doesn't care about Mach Punch users and can go toe to toe with strong Fighting types (immediately Aegislash and Gengar come to mind), as well as a good defensive pivot since Greninja isn't very bulky. I think Aegislash is very qualified for both of those roles.

Last edited:

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
When will there be an IGRMT Section for Gen IV? Specifically somewhere for Battle Maison teams

I'd also like to see an answer to this, both a competitive one and in-game. Mods?

And so this post isn't totally dead weight, does anyone have any experience using LO Noivern as a revenge killer in OU? I feel like he wouldn't be strong enough without Specs, but something else on the team I'm trying to fit him onto is already using Specs and can't give it up. I'm thinking Draco Meteor, Boomblast or whatever it's called, Hurricane and Roost/filler.

Honus

I'd also like to see an answer to this, both a competitive one and in-game. Mods?

And so this post isn't totally dead weight, does anyone have any experience using LO Noivern as a revenge killer in OU? I feel like he wouldn't be strong enough without Specs, but something else on the team I'm trying to fit him onto is already using Specs and can't give it up. I'm thinking Draco Meteor, Boomblast or whatever it's called, Hurricane and Roost/filler.

No point in it when there are stronger, faster [better] revenge killers like Garchomp and Keldeo when you slap a choice scarf on them, that aren't SR weak. Noivern is a cool Pokemon but not a very good revenge killer for OU.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm looking for some good Pokebank OU partners for a Mega Kangaskhan. Obviously Fighting types who resist Sucker Punch would be an issue, so I'm probably going to slap an Aegislash or a Talonflame on there to insure against Fighting types, but I'm not sure about the rest.

I'm currently running 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Spe Adamant, if that EV spread could be tweaked.

Amagidyne

Sunny Dreams
Adding to the above, Espeon is another fantastic partner to Cloyster, providing Dual Screens for an easier set up.

XD, I got thrashed a lot last gen due to dual screen Espeon + Cloyster. Sun Sweepers rely on on hitting first, as they often have paltry defenses.

Rock AND Ice annihilate Sun Teams. Even Rotom Wash can't take many hits from the beast. :0

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
That's actually answered in the Competitive Forums Suggestion Thread.

Except there is a metagame for Generation 6. Granted it's still a very formative metagame but a metagame nonetheless.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Except there is a metagame for Generation 6. Granted it's still a very formative metagame but a metagame nonetheless.

I believe Ragnarok is referring to a more formally established metagame, though I suppose it's not clear enough in that post. I'm not the one making the rules, though, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
A Gen VI CRMT will come along with the other things I requested to get done. The forum was going to come earlier but stuff happens.

I also can't enable forums either so that's as much as everyone is getting.

Don't pester other mods to get it enabled.

Last edited:

PGP.Ryuu

can i ask a good tyranitar set here?

i have 6IV adamant tyranitar with DD Pursuit and SR

can someone advised me on whats the best ev for it thanks

kazeryuu

Hi, May I ask your opinion what pokemons(3 if possible) will complement with Weavile, Noivern, and Tyrantrum in a team. It does not have to be an exact pokemon. Type, ability or usage like for example sweepers or stallers etc. Thank you very much