• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
I have an adamant nature Goodra which I'm planning to have an Assault Vest set on it, I'm going to put 252 into Attack, what other stats should I put EVs in? I was thinking HP but idk

with so many new baton passers around, I've got a question:

does stockpiles boost to def/spdef and or effect on swallow and spit up carry over with baton pass?

Zachmac

with so many new baton passers around, I've got a question:

does stockpiles boost to def/spdef and or effect on swallow and spit up carry over with baton pass?
I believe the stats are passed on, but the effects of stockpile are not.

I might be wrong about the second one, but Swallow/Spit Up aren't really competitively viable anyway.
I have an adamant nature Goodra which I'm planning to have an Assault Vest set on it, I'm going to put 252 into Attack, what other stats should I put EVs in? I was thinking HP but idk
HP is almost always the best stat for a pokemon of defensive/tankish nature.

Hello all, I have a few questions, I know having too many pokemon with the same weakness is bad, so my team is
metagross
starmie
aegislash
gengar
tyranitar
togekiss
im wondering which ones I could really do without. Gengar and aegislash are both ghost and starmie and metagross are both phsy. As well as steel with metagross and aegislash.

Hello all, I have a few questions, I know having too many pokemon with the same weakness is bad, so my team is
metagross
starmie
aegislash
gengar
tyranitar
togekiss
im wondering which ones I could really do without. Gengar and aegislash are both ghost and starmie and metagross are both phsy. As well as steel with metagross and aegislash.

Metagross you can remove and replace with something else. Looking at your team I see no real way of besting Mega Gengar if Ttar goes down so I recommend a bulky Ground such as Gliscor or Landorus-T. They can also set up Stealth Rock if you want an extra slot on Tyranitar or if it's got Assault Vest equipped. They both have good synergy with the rest of your team and Gliscor can even Defog, letting you forgo Starmie if those extra weaknesses are annoying.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
1. Is there any particular reason Showdown doesn't support UU? Does that tier just kinda not exist yet for gen 6?
2. I'd like to try Mega Gardevoir in UU. I'm thinking CM/Wish/Hyper Voice/Shadow Ball. Should I max HP and Speed, and just let CM boost Sp Atk and Sp Def uninvested? What would be a good spread for this?
3. I've heard Taunt kinda fell out of favor. Is that true, and if so, why? And would Toxic/Protect/EQ/Ice Fang be a good set for standard Poison Heal Gliscor, with Ice Fang replacing Taunt then?

how does gliscor defog? what move can he learn to do that? or is it called defog? ^^;;

KillerDraco

how does gliscor defog? what move can he learn to do that? or is it called defog? ^^;;

...Yes, the move is literally called Defog. Though if I'm not mistaken, it's only available to Gliscor on simulators that do PokeBank OU, due to the fact that Gliscor could only learn Defog from the Generation 4 HM.

>< I feel like an idiot...I remember now, it was awhile ago since I played gen 4 so I complelty forgot

"Which moveset/nature/EV spread is recommended for Togekiss?"

Nature: timid/ modest / bold
ability: serene grace
Held item: N/A
move set:

(Opinion)

Nasty plot
*fairy move*
*flying type move*
Wish

this is my opinion. I have a bold one with these moves.
"

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
"Which moveset/nature/EV spread is recommended for Togekiss?"

Nature: timid/ modest / bold
ability: serene grace
Held item: N/A
move set:

(Opinion)

Nasty plot
*fairy move*
*flying type move*
Wish

this is my opinion. I have a bold one with these moves.
"

The classic ParaFlinch set with Moonblast slapped on it is what I usually see. I'm not sure what the EV spread is but the moveset is usually Thunder Wave / Moonblast / Air Slash / Wish or Aura Sphere.

I've recently been mm and finally got a shiny Ralts. Now that it is a Gardeviour, is it viable in competitive battling?

level 51

HP: 146
Attack: 74
Defense: 87
S.Attack: 196
S.Defense: 138
Speed: 134

The guy in Kiloude City says that the IVs in HP, Defense, S. Defense and Speed are maximum.
By the way, I've EV trained it 252 to S.Attack and Speed, 4 to S. Defense.

EDIT: It has a modest nature and Trace as an ability

Thanks

Last edited:

KillerDraco

I've recently been mm and finally got a shiny Ralts. Now that it is a Gardeviour, is it viable in competitive battling?

level 51

HP: 146
Attack: 74
Defense: 87
S.Attack: 196
S.Defense: 138
Speed: 134

The guy in Kiloude City says that the IVs in HP, Defense, S. Defense and Speed are maximum.
By the way, I've EV trained it 252 to S.Attack and Speed, 4 to S. Defense.

Thanks

Giving the hard stat numbers is actually trivial information. Typically you just want to give nature and EVs.

As for the IVs, they're not too shabby, though it would probably appreciate max SpA as well... but, if it's still on the higher end of the IV spectrum the difference won't be too significant. They'd probably be acceptable, assuming it has a good nature (i.e., Modest, Timid). Having Trace instead of Synchronize would be helpful to it as well.

However if you're asking if Gardevoir itself is viable, its low physical bulk and mediocre speed hold it back. It doesn't help that things like Scizor, Talonflame, etc. have no problem dispatching Gardevoir in a heartbeat.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Is it really necessary for a mixed Aegislash to know Hidden Power Ice ? I have two 5Ivs brave Honedge but I don't think they have HP ice...since they don't have 0 speed IVs...

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is it really necessary for a mixed Aegislash to know Hidden Power Ice ? I have two 5Ivs brave Honedge but I don't think they have HP ice...since they don't have 0 speed IVs...

IIRC everything that Hidden Power (Ice) beats is 2HKO'd by Shadow Ball anyways, so not necessarily. The only real benefit is that it helps deter Landorus from attempting a revenge-kill (but I'm not sure if it even beats standard Landorus), and Landy hasn't been released yet.

alejandrawr

Ideas on the best offensive stealth rock users other than Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and M-Aggron in pre-pokebank/in-game wifi battles? Thinking something similar to Sash Azelf/Infernape to pair with my M-Blastoise for offensive spin support, in other words just bulky enough to set up a guaranteed layer of SR and punch a hole in the opponent before bowing out. Is there anything that fills that niche currently?

Nyarth

That's right!
Can anyone help me please? :(

I need help EV training my Charizard. He's an Impish Nature, which decreases Sp. Attack and increases Defense, but I wanted to max out his Sp. Attack since the majority of his attacks are Sp. Attacks... Dx Would that be a bad move? x.x What should I do?

Also, I'm still a bit new to this EV training since I've never really been a competitive player before. How do you know which stats to max out exactly? o: Does it depend on their Nature? Like my Charizard has an Impish Nature so his Defense is the highest. So does that mean I should max out his Defense? And how do I know which other stat to max out? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just a bit confused. :c

He's a Shiny Charizard btw, so that's why I don't want to just breed another one.

Can anyone help me please? :(

I need help EV training my Charizard. He's an Impish Nature, which decreases Sp. Attack and increases Defense, but I wanted to max out his Sp. Attack since the majority of his attacks are Sp. Attacks... Dx Would that be a bad move? x.x What should I do?

Also, I'm still a bit new to this EV training since I've never really been a competitive player before. How do you know which stats to max out exactly? o: Does it depend on their Nature? Like my Charizard has an Impish Nature so his Defense is the highest. So does that mean I should max out his Defense? And how do I know which other stat to max out? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just a bit confused. :c

He's a Shiny Charizard btw, so that's why I don't want to just breed another one.

I know that you wouldn't want to, but you may have to MM breed another shiny with a nature you want. Impish nature is horrible for an offensive Pokemon, especially one like Zard who often uses special attacks. Via Masuda's Method, you can usually get shinies with passable IVs and a nature of your choice.

As for EVs, it honestly depends on which Mega form you want to use. If you choose Y, maximize Speed and Special Attack. If you're going with X, you can either go with an all physical Dragon Dance variant or a mixed attacker. I'm not the best with EVs so I won't elaborate here that much. As a general rule with EVs, put them in the stats that will see the most use. With mixed attackers this would be Attack/Special Attack/Speed, for example.