• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

ger9119

What's the best build for Timid Latias in OrAs?

Latias @ Life Orb or Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Randomperson11

Shiny Hunter
Awesome, thanks for replying!

lillion

doesnt Knock Off, lose half of its dammage when opponents have No Mega's? It could be usefull to just switch pokemon with used berry's in to them. If you do that they lose half theyr worth.

KillerDraco

doesnt Knock Off, lose half of its dammage when opponents have No Mega's? It could be usefull to just switch pokemon with used berry's in to them. If you do that they lose half theyr worth.

...What?

Knock Off's base power is 65 if the foe either has no item, or their item can't be knocked off (i.e., Mega Stones, or any Pokemon with the rare-and-non-viable Sticky Hold ability). If they're holding an item that can be knocked off (basically anything that isn't a Mega Stone,and if the Pokemon doesn't have Sticky Hold), then its power is boosted by 50%, to a base power of 97.5. Knock Off doesn't "lose" damage, it only gains damage.

Also moved this to the Ask a Question thread.

Last edited:

ger9119

How does them not running a mega make a move lose half it's attack power. Berries are very situational now and only used on set up sweepers really.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
According to Bulbapedia, Sticky Hold does not negate the damage bonus for Knock Off.

KillerDraco

According to Bulbapedia, Sticky Hold does not negate the damage bonus for Knock Off.

That may be right then. I can't say I've personally tested it, because nothing with Sticky Hold is really viable, and even the things that might be viable (i.e., in their respective settings) usually have better options than Sticky Hold (most notably, Gastrodon).

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
I can't remember if this is where I read about it, but Salamence can be very, very reliable in regards to it's Sp. Attack in just the right way, (I mean no kidding, it has base stat of 110). But how could I make use of it, competitively speaking?

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves

HM02gon

Waiting...
On the topic of Salamence, I recently hatched a 5IV (-spa) shiny Bagon that I evolved and want to use. However, she has Moxie steada' Intimidate. I don't know-does this made her unusable, or is there still a way I can use her?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
On the topic of Salamence, I recently hatched a 5IV (-spa) shiny Bagon that I evolved and want to use. However, she has Moxie steada' Intimidate. I don't know-does this made her unusable, or is there still a way I can use her?

Moxie is still great for late game sweeping.

It's normally used on Choice Scarf sets.

KillerDraco

Moxie's still a solid ability, there's nothing wrong with it on Salamence. On a sweeper/revenge killer set Moxie is great for its ability to clean up and rip through teams since it gets progressively harder to wall with every KO it gets. Intimidate is great as well, especially since it makes it easier to switch in and can weaken physical attackers, but Moxie sees about the same usage because both are potent abilities.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Whats a good build for a mega latias? I am looking for bulky, offensive and set up builds that WORK

ger9119

Whats a good build for a mega latias? I am looking for bulky, offensive and set up builds that WORK

Calm Mind + Stored Power is good but you have to have something to take out Dark types before hand. It's a max bulk set

ger9119

What's a good Dragon Dance set for Mega Salamence?

Salamence @ Salamenceite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Salamence @ Salamenceite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

What's a good Dragon Dance set for Mega Salamence?

Mine is:

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Moxie , Jolly
252att / 252 Speed / 4 hp
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Rush
-Fire Fang
-Crunch

Can't think of the speed prefix :/ ?! Lol

Mye

Someone has to win..
See, I personally prefer mixed ddance with fire blast/dragon claw/return as attack options (can't think of an exact ev spread, pretty sure it was something like naive/184 attack 252 speed 68 special attack). Then you can destroy many of the would-be switch ins (ferrothorn/scizor) while still being able to abuse the attack boosts.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
See, I personally prefer mixed ddance with fire blast/dragon claw/return as attack options (can't think of an exact ev spread, pretty sure it was something like naive/184 attack 252 speed 68 special attack). Then you can destroy many of the would-be switch ins (ferrothorn/scizor) while still being able to abuse the attack boosts.
Both of those already get bopped by unboosted Adamant Return after Rocks, and Dragon STAB is worthless on Mega Mence because it hits next to nothing. You're better off running Mono-attacker DD, Roost and Sub/Refresh or Return/Double Edge + Earthquake with Roost and DD.