• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Anyone think a physical Meganium is viable? I'd just like people's opinion before i start breeding.

To be quite honest, Meganium really isn't viable in general, but Swords Dance sets especially lack the type coverage to really do any damage. Stick with defensive sets using Giga Drain.

Varanus put it rather well.

proudclod

Thanks for your input guys :)

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
What's a reasonable mixture of Special Defense and Speed EVs for a specially defensive UU Roserade? I'm thinking some good targets to outspeed would be Nidoqueen, Claydol and defensive Zapdos, but I don't know what a spread to accomplish that would be. Basically...

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / ??? Sp Def / ??? Speed
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Spikes
-Synthesis / Rest / Sleep Powder / whatever

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I can't think of a good spinner to match my Highlander Tour team, consisting of Charizard Y, Victini, and Forretress. I went with Forretress because I am experienced with using him in Drought Sun, but is there anyone better suited to filling the spot?

Eaglehawk

Banned
I can't think of a good spinner to match my Highlander Tour team, consisting of Charizard Y, Victini, and Forretress. I went with Forretress because I am experienced with using him in Drought Sun, but is there anyone better suited to filling the spot?

Considering how offensive and mono-type your team is so far, I would definitely suggest broadening your scope more and try some Defoggers. I definitely would suggest either of Latis because they provide firepower with team support in removing hazards. Furthermore, the Latis can take on most of Charizard's and Victini's weaknesses.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate

Keep in mind that the highlander tour (at least to my understanding) consists of 1v1 matches, where you choose the pokemon of your opponents that you want to face, and they choose the pokemon of yours that they want to face.

Cena_#1

100% stratusfaction
I'm just getting back to competitive battling. Well, not yet as I'm still catching Friend Safari Dittos in order to start breeding perfect Pokemon.

My question is this, how many Dittos to I actually need? So far, I've caught a 2 boxes and half of Dittos, do you guys think that's enough?

Nulava

Banned
I'm just getting back to competitive battling. Well, not yet as I'm still catching Friend Safari Dittos in order to start breeding perfect Pokemon.

My question is this, how many Dittos do I actually need? So far, I've caught a 2 boxes and half of Dittos, do you guys think that's enough?

A box full of Ditto's are more than enough.

Ditto's in the Friend Safari are guaranteed 2 perfect IVs in any stat.
Simply go to the Stats Judge located in Kiloude City Pokemon Center and he will tell you which stat is Flawless.
Once you have the desire IVs you want you can start breeding for your Perfect Pokemon. :)

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Excuse me but I have a question that I like to ask of you. I've downloaded Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter today. After that, then I've received a special Celebi. The Celebi that I got have a Calm nature, and it has 3 Max Ivs in Atk,Sp.Atk,and Sp.Def. Do you know which ev spread should I working on? When I try to reset the game and hoping to have the different nature, it stays the same.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Excuse me but I have a question that I like to ask of you. I've downloaded Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter today. After that, then I've received a special Celebi. The Celebi that I got have a Calm nature, and it has 3 Max Ivs in Atk,Sp.Atk,and Sp.Def. Do you know which ev spread should I working on? When I try to reset the game and hoping to have the different nature, it stays the same.

You can't SR for your Celebi's nature. Everybody is stuck with what they have. Mine is Quirky. Calm is actually an excellent nature to have! You can run a Specially Defensive Celebi with 252 HP/252 SpDef/20 Spe or a Baton Pass Celebi with a spread of 252 HP/192 SpDef/64 Spe.

Not exactly a question thats expected to have a good answer, but here it goes.

My Celebi has an Impish Nature. Is that even remotely viable?

Eaglehawk

Banned
Not exactly a question thats expected to have a good answer, but here it goes.

My Celebi has an Impish Nature. Is that even remotely viable?

Not really unless your team needs a check to Physical Fighting and Water types, but those are kind of rare.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
You can't SR for your Celebi's nature. Everybody is stuck with what they have. Mine is Quirky. Calm is actually an excellent nature to have! You can run a Specially Defensive Celebi with 252 HP/252 SpDef/20 Spe or a Baton Pass Celebi with a spread of 252 HP/192 SpDef/64 Spe.

Really? So Calm is an excellent nature for Celebi huh? Ok. I can do one of those sets. But I like to have one of its move, Heal Bell. Its allows Celebi to cure the condition for the team in case if they got poisoned,frozen,asleep,paralyzed,or burned.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew

Considering the Celebi is a Calm Nature, you'll want to run a defensive variant of Celebi. You might try something like this:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Substitute / Heal Bell

This set can force a lot of switches between Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. Substitute ensures you stay healthy, however, if you really like Heal Bell, it is an option. Giga Drain will restore your HP even more, but it can be replaced with Grass Knot if you want. If you have a Heatran, that makes a great partner to go with the Celebi since it doesn't share weaknesses.

Alright, so I bred a 6 IV Chimchar with a Jolly nature, and Thunder Punch & Fire Punch Egg Moves and Im going to use it on my Fire type gym team.

What are some good sets for it? Moves, EVs, etc

Last edited:
Hello, I've always had trouble setting up a team I'd actually like to build up. I mainly just want to beat my friend(s) but would like to have a solid team for online play/beginner competitive play. My friend, last I checked, was running sceptile, charizard (x), blastoise (mega), feraligator, gengar, and typhlosion. My only real must have is Snorlax. I also love eeveeloutions, so I'd prefer to have at least one but can manage without. Another pokemon I was interested in gambling with was shedinja. I'm not really sure what kind of team I want to run, I've pretty much always played sweepers I guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Considering the Celebi is a Calm Nature, you'll want to run a defensive variant of Celebi. You might try something like this:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Substitute / Heal Bell

This set can force a lot of switches between Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. Substitute ensures you stay healthy, however, if you really like Heal Bell, it is an option. Giga Drain will restore your HP even more, but it can be replaced with Grass Knot if you want. If you have a Heatran, that makes a great partner to go with the Celebi since it doesn't share weaknesses.

Hmm... A good moveset for Celebi, and I like it to. I was thinking of using the different evs for Celebi like this...

Celebi @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP/236 SpDef/20 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain/Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Substitute / Heal Bell

But what do you think of this set for Milotic?

Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Marvel Scale
EV: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
-Scald
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Dragon Tail/Ice Beam

The thing is that I like to form a well-balanced team.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I personally haven't seen much of max speed timid Magnezone which is what they have the 20 EVs in Speed for. That was why I suggested them in SDef instead. Its better to prepare for all situations than an obscure one. You wouldn't normally want to keep a Celebi in against Magnezone either because of the possibility of Signal Beam and you aren't going to OHKO the Megnezone due to Sturdy.

For the Milotic I really believe running Recover instead of Rest is a better option because Sleep Talk is random on which move you get. I've had plenty of times when I've gotten Rest both turns of Sleep Talk and it is no fun. This frees up Sleep Talk to be Toxic because it can be better against walls than burning them due to the increased damage each turn. I know getting rid of Rest means you won't get the defense boost from Marvel Scale, but with your EV spread it should be ok. Consistency is the key to being successful.

Dragon, most magnezone run Magnet pull to trap steel types, and they run a choice scarf set mostly based on the Magnezone I've seen. Sturdy really isn't that great of an ability for it tbh.

Anyways, my question still stands. What is a good set for Infernape? It has Blaze and a Jolly nature with Thunder Punch and Fire Punch egg moves. It also has 6IVs (I got really lucky...)

Any help?