• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Mye

Someone has to win..
Pretty much any grass type is a solid counter as depending on its secondary typing it can usually wall all of its "common" attacks (venusaur, celebi). I'm pretty sure Skarmory also walls the thing to oblivion, but as I haven't played OU for a while I'm not sure if it is still in that tier.

Also, if you wanna try an interesting grass UU sweeper Celebi is easily the most fun/annoying one:

Celebi @ Life Orb/Leftovers (Natural Cure
Adamant/Jolly, 252Atk/252Speed/4SpDef
-Swords Dance
-Seed Bomb
-Zen Headbutt/Sucker Punch
-U Turn/Recover

Celebi has always been a fascinating thing. Gen 4 gave it sucker punch, gen 5 gave it u-turn, and gen 6 dropped it into a tier in which there are plenty of things it can hit for super-effective damage.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Working on tweaking the team again, really stumped on the final memeber, it's been Heatran, Infernape, and Talonflame in rotation, but I am finding Nidoqueen actually works quite nice in the slot.

Obviously any input is appreciated, also The Defensive EV's might be off a little as I am playing this by memory.

Picaso the Smeargle@Focus Sash
Own Tempo
Timid 252HP 252Spe 4 SpD 0Atk-IV
Spore
Sticky Web
King's Shield/Shell Smash
Healing Wish/Baton Pass
The ultimate Taunt-bait lead, but Smeargle's dead after a Taunt even with an offensive move, set up the Spore, then Sticky Web. The final 2 moves depend on my mood. King's Shield is great for catching Priority users trying to pick off the last of my Sashed HP, while Healing Wish gives members like Bisharp or Nidoqueen a second chance at setting up or punching holes. I can opt out for the good ol' Smash Pass if I feel like it instead. Timid with 0 Atk IV's prevent Swag Keys from hitting hard with Foul Play.

Fruffle the Lopunny@Lopunnite
Klutz-Scrappy
Jolly 252Atk 252Spe 4 HP
Substitute
Drain Punch
Return
Power-Up-Punch
Substitute Lopunny is pretty nifty, everyone expects the Fake Out so they stay in to get it out of the way, once the Sub is up, a single PuP is all it takes to start the sweep. Drain Punch becomes a massively useful move for the set with the HP recovery on top of the power boost. Return is of course the reliable STAB.

Shogun the Bisharp@Lum Berry
Defiant
Brave 100Def 100SpD 252Atk 106HP
Sucker Punch
Knock-Off
Iron Head
Stealth Rocks/Low Kick
Defog is a problem for my team, so Bisharp can come in and turn their Defog into a massive hole punch. Depending on my set, I can set up Rocks again if I am fogged, though Low Kick hits so many things hard. Knock-Off is always a great move to mess up the enemy teams, and with the defensive investments I can tank some hits decently. Lum Berry is the option of choice here to stop burns and sleep from slowing down the metallic knight. If I had a better item for Tangrowth then Leftovers would be on Bisharp.

Squip the Tangrowth@Leftovers
Regenerator
Sassy 252HP 152SpD 104Def
Knock-Off
Sleep Powder
Rock Slide
Leaf Storm
This Bulky Behemoth can mess up any momentum the enemy team is working on. It can survive a Life Orb Brave Bird from Talonflame and retaliate with Rock Slide which OHKO's most of the time (100% with Rocks up), Sleep Powder is great on predicted switches, as from there I can proceed to Knock-Off their items. Leaf Storm is just a powerful attack to smash through defensive walls. As Tangrowth's defenses are a little worse for wear than Slowbro's she needs to hold Leftovers to add a little more longevity to herself. I'd like to swap in Aromatherapy or Leech Seed in, but the slots are all vital at the time, especially the Sleep Powder Knock-Off combo.

Torpidoh the Slowbro@Rocky Helmet
Regenerator
Bold 252HP 152SpD 104SpA
Flamethrower/Calm Mind
Scald
Slack Off
Ice Beam
This Shellfish pairs great with Tangrowth. With them both having Regenerator they can switch between each other to keep their HP at full. It also provides the special offensive coverage the team needs, especially with Ice Beam. Scald is to burn opponents who stay in to hammer away at us. I opt for Flamethrower over Calm Mind as we are never in long enough to set up Calm Mind. Rocky Helmet turns Talonflame's Brave Bird into a suicide attack once Rocks are up. Props if you figure out the name.

Bertha the Nidoqueen@Black Sludge/Life Orb
Sheer Force
Timid 200HP 252SpA 56Spe
Sludge Wave
Ice Beam
Earth Power
Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rocks
This lady is the wild card, she's there because I have no idea what to put in the last slot. She can provide the final entry hazard if the team has set up already, she can run Stealth Rocks if Bisharp opts for Low Kick over his own Rocks. Her other moves round out the coverage nicely, and she has just enough bulk to survive heavy hits. Life Orb is for more offensive sets, while Black Sludge is run when I take out Healing Wish from Smeargle. Nidoqueen relies heavily on having a decent chunk of HP available when she comes in.

Last edited:

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Pretty much any grass type is a solid counter as depending on its secondary typing it can usually wall all of its "common" attacks (venusaur, celebi). I'm pretty sure Skarmory also walls the thing to oblivion, but as I haven't played OU for a while I'm not sure if it is still in that tier.

I guess that's true, but not quite what I was looking for, so let me rephrase. What are some good offensive or balanced counters for Azumarill? I can't think of something that helps my team not get destroyed by it. Also Celebi doesn't love Knock Off, which most Azumarill run.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I guess that's true, but not quite what I was looking for, so let me rephrase. What are some good offensive or balanced counters for Azumarill? I can't think of something that helps my team not get destroyed by it. Also Celebi doesn't love Knock Off, which most Azumarill run.

Venusaur is a solid counter to it (even without its mega), I'm pretty sure intimidate gyarados is a solid counter to it, I know slowbro is a solid counter to it (even with knock off), and I know rotom-w and magnezone can outspeed it and kill it with electric type attacks. For me, the general "rule of thumb" when dealing with huge power abusers is that if your combined HP and defense stats are equal to or above the user's base attack stat times three, it'll always at best be 2hko'd by neutral choice banded attacks when running max HP EV's.

Yogi Bear

King of Poke Games
Does Latios lose any meaningful match-ups in OU by having a DEF IV of 20-22?

I'm SRing for Latios in Omega Ruby atm, and I got one with 31/31/20-22/31/31/31

I might keep it but I'm unsure if 9 to 11 points in defense is going to result in Latios losing any meaningful match-ups.

Please VM responses.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Does Latios lose any meaningful match-ups in OU by having a DEF IV of 20-23?

I'm SRing for Latios in Omega Ruby atm, and I got one with 30-31/31/20-23/30-31/30-31/30-31 (Nature is Timid due to synchronize; Characteristic is "Likes to thrash about" which is how I know ATK is 31).

I might keep it but I'm unsure if 8-11 points in defense is going to result in Latios losing any meaningful match-ups.

The actual stats are: Level 30

HP: 97 / ATK: 61 / DEF: 59 / Sp. A: 92 / Sp. D: 80 / SPE: 88 )

I plan to confirm which of the other four are 31 by the use of the Super Training feature.

Please VM responses.

Response VM'd. :eek:

KillerDraco

Contrary's only gonna be a niche set (not enough to cause tier jumps imo)

You're joking, right? Serperior sits in PU right now. That's below NU. It's been well established that Contrary will be an improvement upon it, since Overgrow does pretty much nothing for it. It's already being looked at as Mega Sceptile's replacement to the RU tier, since it's looking like Mega Sceptile is definitely going to be leaving the tier. No one expects Serperior to be OU since it's not a very grass-friendly metagame, but the idea that Contrary Serperior won't jump up any tiers at all is very limited thinking. It definitely won't be "niche"; you will see Contrary Leaf Storm on almost every single Serperior set, I guarantee you that. Even older sets like Dual Screens still benefit from having Contrary Leaf Storm. It's not going to be niche, it's going to be Serperior's absolute standard.

Just because it probably won't be OU doesn't mean it won't rise from its current tier.

That said, I'd disagree with Mye that Choice Specs is the way to take advantage of it. It needs the freedom to be able to switch attack, since Grass isn't all that difficult to switch into. Specs won't be standard. Life Orb or Leftovers will be. It can spam Leaf Storm at first to get a free Nasty Plot against whatever switches in (as long as it's not something with Sap Sipper), then switch to HP Fire/Dragon Pulse/whatever. More along the lines of...

Serperior @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain/Glare/Substitute

Assuming an RU Context, the Speed EVs give it just enough speed to outpace base 109's like Durant and Heliolisk; if you wanted to use it in a higher tier, you can opt for as much as 244 Speed EVs (enough to outpace Thundurus), or 236 to outpace 110's. In RU though, there's nothing above base 109 that adding more speed would let you outpace (since the next highest speed tier is base 115)... except maybe opposing Serperior, lol. But I digress.

Leaf Storm is self explanatory and so is Dragon Pulse. Hidden Power Fire is preferable in RU for not only dealing with opposing grass types, but also dealing with Escavalier and Durant (both of whom get wrecked by +2 HP Fire, even if they're Assault Vest variants). HP Rock can be an alternative to bait in Moltres and Fletchinder (the latter of whom you have to catch on the switch), but you'll miss out on the ability to beat opposing grass types and become totally walled by the steel types of the tier. The last move has some flexibility. Giga Drain can work in combination with Life Orb to heal back some of the recoil damage, and is decent when you've already boosted or want to conserve Leaf Storm's high HP. Glare can also be used because a lot of the tier hates being paralyzed, and it has the added benefit of being able to affect Whimsicott and Virizion, unlike Stun Spore. Substitute has merit as well to ward off status and make revenge killing harder, but that in combination with Life Orb recoil can wear it down so you might consider Leftovers if you go the Sub route. It also has access to Knock Off, which, while not really synergizing with Contrary Leaf Storm, can punish the myriad of Eviolite users in the tier, such as Gligar, Golbat (who can actually counter Serperior pretty easily due to its 4x resistance to Leaf Storm), and Magneton.

Mye

Someone has to win..
See, that one paragraph alone kinda explains why I am doubtful it is gonna push out of NU. While contrary serperior may seem "godlike" in that tier, it faces many of the problems that both other contrary users and other grass types suffer, namely movepool and the lack of BST to thoroughly abuse it. Any serperior not running HP-Rock is wrecked by golbat (as dragon pulse is at best a 3hko, even without eviolite), any set not running hp fire is deadweight should your opponent be running any sort of steel type (as even at +2 it 3hko's registeel) and any set not running substitute makes it extremely vulnerable to paralysis (which adds about 5 or so solid counters to it should that speed drop). That being said, I've sorta tested out NU/RU and I'm thinking on a baton pass team this could be a pretty useful pokemon. When baton passed a defensive boost or a speed boost (or both), this thing becomes very dangerous as at +2 with a modest nature, it gains quite a few potential one and 2hko's and at +2 in either defense its number of "counters" shrinks. At the same time though, I am not willing to call this thing good/bump it up to RU when there are way too many things in the tier that can make it a complete waste of a teamslot.

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Golbat: 107-126 (30.3 - 35.6%) -- 37.2% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 130-153 (35.7 - 42%) -- 88.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Vern

Why not both?
See, that one paragraph alone kinda explains why I am doubtful it is gonna push out of NU. While contrary serperior may seem "godlike" in that tier, it faces many of the problems that both other contrary users and other grass types suffer, namely movepool and the lack of BST to thoroughly abuse it. Any serperior not running HP-Rock is wrecked by golbat (as dragon pulse is at best a 3hko, even without eviolite), any set not running hp fire is deadweight should your opponent be running any sort of steel type (as even at +2 it 3hko's registeel) and any set not running substitute makes it extremely vulnerable to paralysis (which adds about 5 or so solid counters to it should that speed drop). That being said, I've sorta tested out NU/RU and I'm thinking on a baton pass team this could be a pretty useful pokemon. When baton passed a defensive boost or a speed boost (or both), this thing becomes very dangerous as at +2 with a modest nature, it gains quite a few potential one and 2hko's and at +2 in either defense its number of "counters" shrinks. At the same time though, I am not willing to call this thing good/bump it up to RU when there are way too many things in the tier that can make it a complete waste of a teamslot.

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Golbat: 107-126 (30.3 - 35.6%) -- 37.2% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 130-153 (35.7 - 42%) -- 88.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'm actually really interested in the baton pass theory. Anything that would make Serperior a teensy wincy bit viable is interesting to me :D. Do you think a speed pass or a defence pass or dualscreens+safeguard would be more useful?

Mye

Someone has to win..
I'm actually really interested in the baton pass theory. Anything that would make Serperior a teensy wincy bit viable is interesting to me :D. Do you think a speed pass or a defence pass or dualscreens+safeguard would be more useful?

If I had to guess, I'm thinking we'll see it get paired up with either a dual screener or something like agility/iron defense passing gorybyss as with it, a few of its "firm counters" don't actually become that threatening:

252+ Atk Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. +2 28 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 152-182 (51 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Serperior through Reflect: 181-214 (60.7 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. +2 28 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 182-216 (61 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Oh wow, the amount of downplaying Contrary Serperior in this thread is hilarious. Even if it won't be as good as it could have been if it had been released last generation, this thing still has a good chance to be pretty good in OU. Base 113 Speed is really good and fits the tier well; outside of Greninja (who is likely to be banned soon), the only non-Mega OU Pokemon that outspeeds Serperior is Talonflame, who is basically irrelevant because Brave Bird would outpace Serperior regardless of base Speed. A handful of Megas outspeed, sure, but those are less of a concern since A) your opponent can only run one at most on their team, and B) they can't even use them if they want to use one of the several great slower Megas. Serperior's Special Attack may be low, but it hardly matters when you can throw around 130 BP STABs and get a free Nasty Plot boost with it. This ability to boost up so quickly and effortlessly means that Serperior will be pretty dangerous against defensive teams that aren't running SpD Heatran or something. Even Chansey isn't a guaranteed stop since Leaf Storm can 2HKO at +4 and Toxic works too slowly (it basically needs Thunder Wave hax to win), and Unaware Clefable needs to run a specially defensive spread to be useful against it. Serperior can also function decently against offense as well thanks to its great Speed stat and the fact that it hits so hard after just one Leaf Storm. It would have been a lot better last generation when there weren't all those fast Megas around to outrun it and so many of Serperior's key moves weren't nerfed, but I can't see this thing being anything less than solid in the standard metagame.

Seriously, you can't look at a Pokemon with such great speed and the ability to get +2 SpA just by spamming a powerful STAB move and not say that it's going to make a big impact somewhere. Maybe it won't end up OU by usage, but to say that this thing won't even rise a single tier is just mind boggling. Not to mention that there's already been talk among NU leaders about suspecting it almost immediately, and the idea of quickbanning it has even been entertained in RU, so the chances of Serperior staying in PU are unbelievably slim.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, no. I'm going to break down your whole argument into three points, as the rest of it is pretty nonsensical and "cute":

Base 113 Speed is really good and fits the tier well; outside of Greninja (who is likely to be banned soon), the only non-Mega OU Pokemon that outspeeds Serperior is Talonflame: Base 113 speed may seem good, until you factor in that literally everyone has a mega on their team in OU and there are way more pokemon that can outspeed and kill it or take a hit off it and kill it. Choice scarfers are also quite common, and in the higher tiers you'd be hard pressed to find a team that doesn't contain at least one scarfed pokemon who doesn't fear it

Serperior's Special Attack may be low, but it hardly matters when you can throw around 130 BP STABs and get a free Nasty Plot boost with it: Yes, yes it does. Serperior's special attack isn't just low, if it is used in OU it'd be one of the lowest in the tier (in the top 50 pokemon used in OU, only mandibuzz sableye (tied in attack) and chansey have lower to or equal offenses, in the top 100 only umbreon smeargle and shuckle also have lower). Even with free Nasty Plot boosts and a 130BP stab, this thing lacks an actual movepool to abuse it with. Dragon pulse/hidden power choice may seem like it could put a dent in things, until you come to realise that dozens of other special attackers have far superior starting offenses and better movepools to abuse it with (things like latia/os, volcarona, and even togekiss). Also, did I forget to mention the 75/95/95 defenses? Here's what a max-attack adamant expert belt fletchling does to it:

252+ Atk Expert Belt Fletchling Brave Bird vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 302-355 (101.3 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It would have been a lot better last generation when there weren't all those fast Megas around to outrun it and so many of Serperior's key moves weren't nerfed: This is one point I actually agree on, but for a different reason. Last gen, when weather lasted infinitely and the metagame was "Grass-friendly", Serperior had a chance to shine as being one of the few mono-typed grass types capable of holding its own regardless of what sort of weather was put upon it (as a set of glare/leaf storm/hp-rock/leech seed could do wonders). Sadly, sixth gen came around and Gamefreak decided to either nerf or utterly ruin everything that was dragon or grass by adding a bunch of new fairy types and making a bunch of new pokemon viable who oddly enough resist grass (which is kinda ironic with mega-sceptile being pretty badass in RU). They also added something called "Malamar" who at the beginning of 6th gen was in the same boat as serperior. Malamar had contrary, access to superpower, a base 92 attack stat (17 points higher than serperior), and access to a bunch of moves that separated it from other pokemon. Then people tried it. While gaining boosts off attacking seemed good, it still lacked that "tiny amount of power" to outright kill things even after a boost. It also had 86/88/75 defenses (similar to serperior's) which did it no favors especially when combined with the fact it was one of few dark types without accses to prioritay. That isn't to say Serperior can't make a splash in OU, I just really don't see it happening as when factoring in its small offensive movepool, competition by other grass types, weak base offensive stats, average-at-best defensive stats, and lack of priority, it just isn't meant to be.

I'm limited to my phone for a few days so I'll try to make this as short and sweet as possible.

Yeah, no. I'm going to break down your whole argument into three points, as the rest of it is pretty nonsensical and "cute":

No, you just don't know how to argue against the rest of it.

Base 113 Speed is really good and fits the tier well; outside of Greninja (who is likely to be banned soon), the only non-Mega OU Pokemon that outspeeds Serperior is Talonflame: Base 113 speed may seem good, until you factor in that literally everyone has a mega on their team in OU and there are way more pokemon that can outspeed and kill it or take a hit off it and kill it. Choice scarfers are also quite common, and in the higher tiers you'd be hard pressed to find a team that doesn't contain at least one scarfed pokemon who doesn't fear it

Dude, base 113 Speed is good. The fact that you can outrun it with one of a few super fast Megas (who carry a hefty opportunity cost of their own) or a Scarf user does not diminish that. Heck, one of the biggest reasons that Greninja is being suspected is because of its Speed, and it beats basically nothing that Serperior can't outside of a couple slower Scarf users like Tyranitar. The fact that it can be revenge killed means little when all offensive Pokemon have to deal with that. In addition, one of its biggest niches is as a wallbreaker, and it functions best against the kinds of teams that don't have a lot of these faster things. The extra speed lets it threaten offensive teams more, but that doesn't mean that it's shoehorned into beating offense. Not only that, but Serperior is harder to actually bring a revenge killer on. You can't just try to come in safely on a boosting move because Serperior's boosting move just happens to be its most powerful STAB move. And hey, if you're waiting for Serperior to kill something every time you bring in a Scarf user, I'm just fine with that.

Serperior's Special Attack may be low, but it hardly matters when you can throw around 130 BP STABs and get a free Nasty Plot boost with it: Yes, yes it does. Serperior's special attack isn't just low, if it is used in OU it'd be one of the lowest in the tier (in the top 50 pokemon used in OU, only mandibuzz sableye (tied in attack) and chansey have lower to or equal offenses, in the top 100 only umbreon smeargle and shuckle also have lower). Even with free Nasty Plot boosts and a 130BP stab, this thing lacks an actual movepool to abuse it with. Dragon pulse/hidden power choice may seem like it could put a dent in things, until you come to realise that dozens of other special attackers have far superior starting offenses and better movepools to abuse it with (things like latia/os, volcarona, and even togekiss).

Sounds like a lot of blind theorymon to me. If you'd played with Serperior at all in last generation's Dream World OU, you'd know that Serperior's ability to boost up with Leaf Storm more than makes up for the low SpA stat (hint: base 75 SpA was no more impressive last generation than it is now). I honestly don't give a crap about other special attackers because they can't boost their SpA two stages just by spamming their best STAB move.

Also, did I forget to mention the 75/95/95 defenses? Here's what a max-attack adamant expert belt fletchling does to it:

252+ Atk Expert Belt Fletchling Brave Bird vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 302-355 (101.3 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lol and you said I was being cute. First, that means squat because it does almost the same thing to freaking Keldeo and second, Fletchling doesn't learn Brave Bird rofl.

It would have been a lot better last generation when there weren't all those fast Megas around to outrun it and so many of Serperior's key moves weren't nerfed: This is one point I actually agree on, but for a different reason. Last gen, when weather lasted infinitely and the metagame was "Grass-friendly", Serperior had a chance to shine as being one of the few mono-typed grass types capable of holding its own regardless of what sort of weather was put upon it (as a set of glare/leaf storm/hp-rock/leech seed could do wonders). Sadly, sixth gen came around and Gamefreak decided to either nerf or utterly ruin everything that was dragon or grass by adding a bunch of new fairy types and making a bunch of new pokemon viable who oddly enough resist grass (which is kinda ironic with mega-sceptile being pretty badass in RU).

The metagame was kind to bulky Grasses since they could actually take Rain-boosted hits in the long run. Serperior was not one of those. Just look at some of the big Rain abusers. Serperior sucked against Hurricane spam, and it wasn't too fond of Toxicroak either. Starmie just killed it with Ice Beam, Thundurus-T could easily survive its hits and KO with HP Ice, and Jirachi either crippled with paralysis or set up on Serperior with Calm Mind. Even things like Keldeo and Rotom-W are just as common now as they were back then, and they're arguably even less of a threat to Serperior since it doesn't have to worry about Rain-boosted STABs. So no, the lack of permanent weather is not the major detriment to Serperior. New fast threats are far more of an issue, as are new checks in general.

On a side note, I'm not sure why you mentioned Fairies and such because Serperior is not a Dragon-type. Not to mention that the only really common Fairy that actually resists Grass is Mega Altaria.

They also added something called "Malamar" who at the beginning of 6th gen was in the same boat as serperior. Malamar had contrary, access to superpower, a base 92 attack stat (17 points higher than serperior), and access to a bunch of moves that separated it from other pokemon. Then people tried it. While gaining boosts off attacking seemed good, it still lacked that "tiny amount of power" to outright kill things even after a boost. It also had 86/88/75 defenses (similar to serperior's) which did it no favors especially when combined with the fact it was one of few dark types without accses to prioritay. That isn't to say Serperior can't make a splash in OU, I just really don't see it happening as when factoring in its small offensive movepool, competition by other grass types, weak base offensive stats, average-at-best defensive stats, and lack of priority, it just isn't meant to be.

Lol, please do not compare Serperior to Malamar. Malamar has a sucky speed tier, it has no resistances with only one immunty, it can't boost its power as quickly because Superpower only boosts by +1 per hit, and it's respective "boosting" move is far weaker due to it not getting STAB. But most importantly, again, is that speed stat. I mean, have you seen what going from base 70 to base 110 Spe has done for Mega Metagross? If Malamar has base 113 Speed, it'd easily be far more successful than it is right now.

I'm sensing that you're talking entirely out of theorymon. Last generation's OU wasn't much kinder to Serperior, yet it performed admirably in Dream World OU. In addition, I've talked to several players far better than myself on IRC who have praised its performance in custom matches based on the current metagame + Contrary Serperior. Go look at some of the Smogon discussion threads and you can probably find some of these players talking about their experience with Serperior.

Again, I don't think this thing will take the metagame by storm, but you'd have to be downright crazy to think it won't rise above NU, especially when I just said that NU leaders are already considering suspecting or quickbanning it once it's released.

Can anyone help with adding a special tank and a physical sweeper to my team with full info on Nature, Evs, Ability, Moveset, and item?

I don't know

KillerDraco

Can anyone help with adding a special tank and a physical sweeper to my team with full info on Nature, Evs, Ability, Moveset, and item?

...You're gonna have to give more info than that, i.e., the rest of your team. There's no telling what would/wouldn't benefit your team without this information.

FULL INFO
Groudon Red Orb Adamant
Fire punch
Precipice Blades
Solar Beam
Rock Slide
Latios Timid
Thunderbolt
psyshock
ShadowBall
Dragon Pulse
Slowbro Leftovers Bold (Regenerator)
Scald
Grass knot
Psychic
Fire blast
Gardevior Gardeviorite Timid (Trace)
Psychic
Moonblast
Shadow Ball
Focus blast

Vern

Why not both?
Any advice on how to stop Jirachi in UU? I'm having some trouble because my arcanine doesn't run enough speed EVs to outpace it and stop the flinching from iron head, and can't without noticeable reduction to it's bulk.

firepanda

Complete battling novice here. I'm looking to make a fun team that I can use online/with friends and not get completely wiped (using Pokemon from my initial journey).

So I want to use Sceptile, (Mega-)Gallade and Milotic.
The pokemon I'm considering are: Mightyena, Sableye, Claydol, Altaria, Aggron, Armaldo, Flygon, Torkoal and Manectric.

Of the Pokemon I'm considering, which are the weakest and strongest competitively? Which three could be added to my current choices to make a rounded team with good synergy?