• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Zeed

Jolly is generally the standard nature for most offensive physical forms (ExtremeKiller, SD Arceus-Ground, etc.), Timid is usually used for special attacking and fast support sets, like Calm Mind, Defog, etc., and Bold is used for some slower support sets, like certain Arceus-Ghost and Arceus-Water sets.

I think a Timid and a Jolly would give you the most options.

Thank you.

Poke Trainer J

I prefer Jolly Arceus-Normal on the grounds that you can maximize on Swords Dance with ExtremeSpeed and/or Last Resort for STAB.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I prefer Jolly Arceus-Normal on the grounds that you can maximize on Swords Dance with ExtremeSpeed and/or Last Resort for STAB.

Honestly the Sword's Dance + Last Resort set is a gimmick at best, given the fact that just about every team is going to have an Arceus-Ghost, Giratina, Mega Sableye, or Mega Gengar on it. Furthermore, ExtremeKiller's usual checks (Lugia, WoW Arceus-Steel/Rock, RH Skarmory) all deal with him as well. The one notable thing is that Last Resort does score an OHKO on Yveltal at +2, obliterating one of the biggest thorns in ExtremeKiller's side.

You're also sacrificing Extremespeed's priority, leaving you open to revengekilling by faster threats.

Lucy Suzunia

Shiny Hunter
I've got a question about hidden power. So if a pokemon uses hidden power, the attack changes into a type dependent of the IV's. Does the pokemon change to this type too or just the attack? I ask because I used on glaceon hidden power (fight) and later a venusaur used giga drain and it did normal dmg like ice type wasn't resistant against grass anymore.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I've got a question about hidden power. So if a pokemon uses hidden power, the attack changes into a type dependent of the IV's. Does the pokemon change to this type too or just the attack? I ask because I used on glaceon hidden power (fight) and later a venusaur used giga drain and it did normal dmg like ice type wasn't resistant against grass anymore.

Ice doesn't resist Grass, and no, Hidden Power does not change the Pokemon's type unless it has the ability Protean, in which case it changes to whatever type Hidden Power it has.

KillerDraco

Just the attack.

Also, Ice has never resisted Grass. Ice's only resistance is, was, and has always been itself.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
What set should i run on my dusknoir? I have it with modest nature, the right iv's, but a bad set of moves.
Dusknoir has a low Special Attack stat and a decent Attack, so a Modest nature makes it worthless (not that it's any good with a different nature). You probably want Adamant.

Smogon's Dex has some sets that can be used in PU. http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/dusknoir/

Smokin' weedle

I just had a battle, mege mewtwo y and xerneas, vs a palkia and kyogre (normal) can kyogre and palkia outspeed either of my pokemon, without priority moves, and no choice scarf?

KillerDraco

I just had a battle, mege mewtwo y and xerneas, vs a palkia and kyogre (normal) can kyogre and palkia outspeed either of my pokemon, without priority moves, and no choice scarf?

It's always possible. Nature, IVs, and EVs matter. Other factors matter as well; Tailwind, Sticky Web, Trick Room, etc.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I have a question I like to ask of you. What is the best nature for the 20th anniversary Victini? Its moves are incinerate, quick attack, endure,and confusion. Although it can learn sacred shot. If the 20th anniversary Victini can learn the moves V-Create, Fusion Bolt,and/or Bolt Strike, then I know which nature I would choose.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I have a question I like to ask of you. What is the best nature for the 20th anniversary Victini? Its moves are incinerate, quick attack, endure,and confusion. Although it can learn sacred shot. If the 20th anniversary Victini can learn the moves V-Create, Fusion Bolt,and/or Bolt Strike, then I know which nature I would choose.
I'm pretty sure the 20th Anniversary Victini can't get V-Create or Bolt Stirke, so it's pretty worthless.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm pretty sure the 20th Anniversary Victini can't get V-Create or Bolt Stirke, so it's pretty worthless.

I see. If the 20th anniversary don't receive V-Create,Fusion Bolt,and/or Bolt Strike, then timid nature is the best one. Right?

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I see. If the 20th anniversary don't receive V-Create,Fusion Bolt,and/or Bolt Strike, then timid nature is the best one. Right?
I guess?

Like you can do Modest or even some weird mixed set with U-turn or Zen Headbutt or something using a Naive nature, but Timid is probably okay.

haicherrycat

After 20 sr on my as, finally got a very good IVs latias 31/31/27/31/31/31 , however i got it synchronized to timid and only find out mega latias is more suited with bold :( can anyone suggest me a moveset and ev spread suited for my latias? I really want to try on my mega latias.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
After 20 sr on my as, finally got a very good IVs latias 31/31/27/31/31/31 , however i got it synchronized to timid and only find out mega latias is more suited with bold :( can anyone suggest me a moveset and ev spread suited for my latias? I really want to try on my mega latias.

Standard CM Mega Latias actually wants Timid. The set looks like this.

latias-mega.gif

Latias @ Latiasite
Timid - Levitate
252 Speed, 248 HP, 8 Defence
-Calm Mind
-Roost
-Psyshock / Stored Power
-Surf

Makes a pretty good late-game cleaner when its checks have been removed. Psyshock packs less power than Stored Power once it gets at least 2 Calm Mind boosts, but running Stored Power requires multiple turns of set-up and hates being forced out by things like Scizor and opposing Dragons. Roost keeps her in the game and helps her accumulate multiple Calm Mind boosts. Surf hits Tyranitar and Heatran, as well as a few other things that resist her Psychic STAB, and generally offers the best coverage she can get alongside Psyshock / Stored Power.​

Kirby4ever

I had been soft resetting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for a while to get a careful nature Zygarde. When I finally got a careful nature Zygarde, it's has 31IVs in HP, Defense, and Special Defense, but it's attack is at 6IVs and the speed is at 12. Should I continue to get a Zygarde with better IVs or just leave it as is? The move set is Camouflage, extreme speed, dragon dance, and earthquake.

KillerDraco

I had been soft resetting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for a while to get a careful nature Zygarde. When I finally got a careful nature Zygarde, it's has 31IVs in HP, Defense, and Special Defense, but it's attack is at 6IVs and the speed is at 12. Should I continue to get a Zygarde with better IVs or just leave it as is? The move set is Camouflage, extreme speed, dragon dance, and earthquake.

Continue soft resetting. That attck IV is truly horrid, and that speed IV is pretty bad as well. Both are extremely important if you're going to be utilizing Dragon Dance.

On that note though, it's kinda... confusing what exactly you're trying to accomplish with it. Careful Zygarde is a thing, but it's more used for a more defensive role than sweeping with Dragon Dance, i.e., SubCoil. Likewise, Camouflage is kind of... useless. It may have some situational usefulness defensively, but it also can cost you STAB on your attacks, so it's not exactly reliable. You should commit more to either sweeping with Dragon Dance (in which case Adamant would be preferable), or utilizing a more defensive role with Careful nature. Trying to mix the two together will make the set ultimately unable to excel in either role.