• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread! v. 2 + Team Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's Taunt? Taunt is (one) the reason(s) to use anti-lead Weavile. And wtf? It has Inner Focus. Weavile only gets Preassure =/ Use Taunt over one of your attacks.

Reno

so adorable...
Just go to Smogon and chek the OU tier list or the shoddy usage statistics.

Heatran/Scizor/Tyranitar/Rotom Forme/Latias/Gyarados/Salamence/Gengar/Zapdos/Lucario/tonnes of other stuff.

Those are the main ones that are used really, although I rushed this as I am going out. I obviously overlooked a lot.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Just go to Smogon and chek the OU tier list or the shoddy usage statistics.

Heatran/Scizor/Tyranitar/Rotom Forme/Latias/Gyarados/Salamence/Gengar/Zapdos/Lucario/tonnes of other stuff.

Those are the main ones that are used really, although I rushed this as I am going out. I obviously overlooked a lot.

Ok I'll look it up, thanks, but a link would be helpful.

Last edited:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I rarely come here, but I'm on a bit of a Pokemon kick lately. So, a question about a Scyther I've been raising:

It's a Jolly Scyther with full EVs in Attack and Speed, as well as 27 and 29 IVs in those STATs respectively. Its ability is Technician. The move set is currently Swords Dance, Brick Break, X-Scissor, and Quick Attack.

My question is, should I replace Brick Break with Wing Attack/Aerial Ace? I know they'll have a higher base power with Technician, but Brick Break gives it better coverage. Also, what would be a good item for Scyther? Should I just slap a Focus Sash on it?

c0cobread

Arrogant trainer.
Personally I would keep brick break, add aerial ace and ditch quick attack for better coverage.
Im guessing you want the priority move though right?

Also, whats wrong with life orb? you don't like the recoil?
I don't really see the point in a focus sash unless you switch its nature to hasty and replace brick break with counter. Since that is an egg move and under the assumption that it probably took a while to get those ivs I doubt thats the road you wanna go.

There is always expert belt if you hate the recoil but I think life orb is the superior option.

Alternitavely, you could just have brick break/quick attack/aerial ace and u-turn, slap a choice band on it and make it a revenge killer? If you don't mind the restriction then its probably the option you are looking for. It depends on your team I guess.
I would imagine that Scyther finds it hard to sword dance anyways.

Last edited:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Personally I would keep brick break, add aerial ace and ditch quick attack for better coverage.
Im guessing you want the priority move though right?
I'm a little nervous to lose my priority move, but maybe that's the best option. With his extremely high speed, I guess it wouldn't be missed very often.

Also, whats wrong with life orb? you don't like the recoil?
Actually, nothing. I guess that's a pretty obvious choice that I just didn't think of.

Alternitavely, you could just have brick break/quick attack/aerial ace and u-turn, slap a choice band on it and make it a revenge killer?
That's a maybe.

I would imagine that Scyther finds it hard to sword dance anyways.
Honestly, I was skeptical too, but I saw it recommended on almost every non Choice Band offensive Scyther set, usually with the recommendation of "Bring it on on something that will force a switch," which seems very...situational. Opinions on whether or not Swords Dance is actually worth it?

c0cobread

Arrogant trainer.
Well with scyther, you probably wouldn't want him switching in and out since stealth rock basically rapes him and he isn't the sturdiest of pokes.

So with that in mind, getting him in and managing to set up will probably end up being more effective in the long run. He does have resistances to some of the more popular attacks in UU, so the prospect of getting him in shouldn't be too daunting. If you manage to get a boost then it will always be worth it, since you obviously get more power but also keep the freedom to switch up attacks aswell.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Thanks. After consideration, I'm going to ditch Quick Attack for Wing Attack (until I can get another Aerial Ace TM), and give it a Life Orb.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Hey, I'm in need of creating an EV spread for my Rampardos. I plan on using it with a Trick Room team so that I don't have to worry too much about going first. I'm definitly going to put 252 in attack, but I'm completly clueless as to where the rest should go. I plan on having it know Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm, EQ, and I'm still deciding on the last move (suggestion's helpful). It's IV's are: 24/28/24/4/26/14-17 (HP/A/D/SA/SD/S).

Give it EQ, Stone Edge, Zen Headbut, and well I think Hammer Arm is Ok. As for the EVs I can't help you, sorry.

Well the top 5 are Azelf, Tyranitar, Aerodactyl, Infernape (or Jirachi), Jirachi (or Infernape) iirc. That's for December though.

Scizor22

<< Rawr!!!
Should I have...
Empoleon Empoleon
Flygon Flygon
Heracross Heracross
Charizard Charizard
Magnezone Magnezone
Espeon Umbreon

encas

Come to me...
So I found this Entei on the GTS. It's Rash natured, but its IVs are excellent for a legendary. They are 13/31/26/26/6/16. Is Rash an acceptable nature for a mixed Entei?

EDIT: And it has a decent Hidden Power too. Its Hidden Power is Fighting-typed and has a power of 64.

Last edited:

StompPikachus

EV spreads and natures

I'm wondering what would be an ideal EV spread for a Hardy natured Cresselia with Calm Mind, Psychic, Energy Ball, and Moonlight. I assume it should hold leftovers.

Also, I really want to use a Lanturn. So I'm thinking Thunderwave, Aqua Ring, Surf, and Charge Beam. Not sure about EVs, nature, or items.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Cresselia needs a better nature, Hardy is trash And Calm Mind Cresselia really isn't as good as it looks on paper really.

Status
Not open for further replies.