• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread! v. 2 + Team Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForteXXX

Call me…… Ilforte~!!
wish gallade is pretty bad, me/tochu tested it for a while and it didnt do well at all. it's useful as a rock resist, i guess...
K, I'll take that into account thanks ^_^

Yes, Its an egg move of ralts. Wish is part of Gardevoirs reccomended sets. obviously Gallade would get it no?
Okay, Serebii's dex didn't list it as an egg move so I didn't see it, thanks ^_^

Okay, so my next question. New wishers keep appearing(ones I haven't seen before from NYCP) so could someone please give me a list of all the wishers? So far I have:

Exeggutor
Xatu
Blissey
Gardevoir
Gallade
Jirachi
Latias
Salamence
Pikachu
Clefable
Wigglytuff
All Eevee forms
Girafarig
Jynx
Plusle and Minun
Spinda
Chimeco

Are there any more? Thansk ^_^

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Why does everyone like sucking up to Blue Ace?

That is my question.

PS -- CBC rules you!

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
It's not like I ask for it though =/

What happened to Calmunism anyway?

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Calmunism still exists. It's just now on par with Rotom-H right now - awesome!

ForteXXX said:
Exeggutor
Xatu
Blissey
Gardevoir
Gallade
Jirachi
Latias
Salamence
Pikachu
Clefable
Wigglytuff
All Eevee forms
Girafarig
Jynx
Plusle and Minun
Spinda
Chimeco
Togekiss
Hypno
Raichu
Illumise
Delcatty
Absol
Lickilicky
Smeargle
Farfetch'd
Kangaskhan

That should be all if not most of them.

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
what is bouncekarp and why is he a threat?

It's a joke. Sarcasm over the internet is a fatal threat that many give in to, causing their timely death by angry 5:00 am Wal-mart shoppers. (jk).

Magikarp was apparently given Bounce as either a tutor move or an egg move. This means that he can do slightly more damage than he used to. Even if Magikarp was Baton Passed a Sub from Vaporeon and +6 in each stat, he couldn't be as much of a threat as DD Gyarados. There is nothing to worry about.

Dig-kun- Togekiss can do sweeping in two main ways. He can do it with LO and mixed attacking or with Scarf. Specs is a decent option but I've personally found Scarf to be much better.

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Lonely iirc
Ev's: 252 Atk, 60 Sp. Atk, 196 Spe
-Roost
-Extremespeed
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere/Grass Knot

Hustle boosts extremespeed to godly levels of power- more powerful than a LO Scizor Bullet Punch. Extremespeed does upwards of 60 % to Starmie and can OHKO Infernape iirc. Hustle is only supposed to reduce the accuracy of physical moves, so Fire Blast is okay for a 2HKO on Bronzong. Aura Sphere or Grass Knot rounds off the coverage, as Air Slash isn't as good of a move without the Serene Grace ability.

This tends to do better against Zapdos and the strong priority move will always be handy. However, it may not be as good of a choice as this:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 16 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 240 Spe
-Trick
-Air Slash
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere/Hp Ice

This is a good choice for a lead or a revenge killer in general. It outspeeds Salamence and Kingdra after a DD as well as Scarftran and can kill with the appropriate move. This is where Aura Sphere vs. Hp ice comes into play. With Air Slash and the extremely high speed, your opponent will have trouble hitting this. Trick is an additional tool that Togekiss can use somewhat well that deals with walls better, since without any sp. atk boosting move or Specs/LO, Togekiss has trouble smashing through walls with brute force.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Is Clefable a good UU lead?

Rad3n

Banned

Clefable can do anything. But! I can pretty much guarantee that whatever you want it to do will be done better by something else. The only thing Clefable has as a lead is unpredictability. That's not really that much unless you're setting up rain/sun either.

Dig-kun

Dig-kun- Togekiss can do sweeping in two main ways. He can do it with LO and mixed attacking or with Scarf. Specs is a decent option but I've personally found Scarf to be much better.

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Lonely iirc
Ev's: 252 Atk, 60 Sp. Atk, 196 Spe
-Roost
-Extremespeed
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere/Grass Knot

Hustle boosts extremespeed to godly levels of power- more powerful than a LO Scizor Bullet Punch. Extremespeed does upwards of 60 % to Starmie and can OHKO Infernape iirc. Hustle is only supposed to reduce the accuracy of physical moves, so Fire Blast is okay for a 2HKO on Bronzong. Aura Sphere or Grass Knot rounds off the coverage, as Air Slash isn't as good of a move without the Serene Grace ability.

This tends to do better against Zapdos and the strong priority move will always be handy. However, it may not be as good of a choice as this:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 16 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 240 Spe
-Trick
-Air Slash
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere/Hp Ice

This is a good choice for a lead or a revenge killer in general. It outspeeds Salamence and Kingdra after a DD as well as Scarftran and can kill with the appropriate move. This is where Aura Sphere vs. Hp ice comes into play. With Air Slash and the extremely high speed, your opponent will have trouble hitting this. Trick is an additional tool that Togekiss can use somewhat well that deals with walls better, since without any sp. atk boosting move or Specs/LO, Togekiss has trouble smashing through walls with brute force.

=o
I think I´ll just do the way I did
I have already finished Spd, so xD
Wont come back
But the EVs are similar
I´ll use a different moveset including Flamethrower
^^

ForteXXX

Call me…… Ilforte~!!
Why does everyone like sucking up to Blue Ace?
Because Blue Ace is cool!! *beaten up* >_> no, I think its just cuz he makes people EV spreads which people hate to do.

what is bouncekarp and why is he a threat?
100% Chomp counter, and he's a threat because 100% Chomp counter.

@Salavoir55: I had no idea Absol could learn Wish 0_o think of it, "Wish Passing Absol" xD could be fun for novelty.

It could be, in theory. It could absorb sleep from status-leads like Ninetails or Rapidash. It could also pass Wish and set-up SR. However, that is just theory. Leads like Nidoqueen and Nidoking run Taunt and are much faster Clefable being able to Taunt the fairy pogey. As Rad3n said, unpredictability is key to Clefable.

Speaking of novelty I have a question. Has NastyPlot Weavile just been nominated useless? I mean, it can't be completely useful. I just did some calcs and against a Max+ SDef Hippo there is like a 60% chance of a OHKO w/ Ice Beam after a Nasty Plot, and since most people won't ever run that much SDef it will probably OHKO standard versions. It just seems like it could be used for countering common Weavile counters, no? Of course, if I am completely wrong please say so, just thinking it could be a good idea.

Rad3n

Banned
^ There, you are sucking it now xD.

Anyway:

495.png

Manaphy - Timid
20/2/20/22/26/2 (HP-FIGHTING 66)*

I just hatched me this Manaphy. Other than the speed, its IVs are good. This leaves me in a predicament however. Do I ignore the nature and take advantage of the other IVs or do I go with the nature and compensate? Because I can't get the +Speed 90s anymore, these are the only reasonable figures.
~228 Spe (290) gets Adamant Rayquaza.
~192 Spe (280) gets Neutral Diagla, Giratina, Ho-Oh, Groudon and Kyogre

This gets me thinking. Maybe I should make this Manaphy for OU!

That leaves

495.png

Manaphy @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Timid - Hydration
60 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
(20/2/20/22/26/2)
~Tail Glow
~Energy Ball
~Ice Beam
~Surf

or

495.png

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid - Hydration
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
(20/2/20/22/26/2)
~Calm Mind
~Rest
~Sleep Talk / Energy Ball / Grass Knot / Ice Beam / Rain Dance
~Surf

2x SE HP Fighting 66 = 132 Power
4x SE HP Fighting 66 = 264 Power
STAB Surf = 135 Power
Is it worth it for Tyranitar?

I never was good at decisions. HOW DO I EV THIS THING?

ForteXXX

Call me…… Ilforte~!!
^ There, you are sucking it now xD.
Nuh-uh!! xD I don't suck up to people, one should not confuse politeness/reference with butt-kissery.

As for your Manaphy, hmm. Well, imo you should go with the defensive set with Ice Beam / Rest / Surf / Grass Knot(for ubers). The speed isn't really worth it and it already has nice defensive IV's so definitely defensive.

Rad3n

Banned
Nuh-uh!! xD I don't suck up to people, one should not confuse politeness/reference with butt-kissery.

Because Blue Ace is cool!!

*silence*

As for your Manaphy, hmm. Well, imo you should go with the defensive set with Ice Beam / Rest / Surf / Grass Knot(for ubers). The speed isn't really worth it and it already has nice defensive IV's so definitely defensive.

That was a failed attempt at making yout post legitimate xD. I'm going to use it in OU. Someone there is bound to accept it. It might be good for me to learn how to clone. I can make every set. In Ubers, Tail Glow is used anyway.

not nearly as fun as giving **** to him for sucking Blue Aces **** which he is doing almost all the time.

he sucks up to all of them actually, didnt he nickname a team after them.

But Sudo and Randomspot555 missed out. So i guess if theyre straight thats all well and good.

Anyhow. Im breeding a Kingdra.

I really to prefer to run yawn, is Skarm a solid enough reason to run Hydro Pump?

I know it can phase, but hitting it on the switch and then again wont happen too much.

Also substitute comes to mind. Well, ill let you decide.

Furthermore ForteXXX sucks a lot of CRMT dick

xgina

Banned
kinder surprise, you are just as bad as forte. just replace "sucking up" with "being an arrogant ****".

anyway.

i would run hydro pump, though all things considering the last moveslot doesn't matter too much. usually kingdra doesn't have much trouble getting stat boosts and yawn isn't going to do much if skarm comes in when you dd and blows you away.

Ok, thankyou

****.. good one!

Another question:

xgina did you get infracted for spamming in BA's thread?

EDIT: So you hold arrogance and ****-sucking in the same regard i see

Last edited:

xgina

Banned
i might have.

though it's not like i've ever been close to being banned.

if you want to continue the discussion on how annoying you are, feel free to add me on msn !

Status
Not open for further replies.