• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Ask a Question" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tochukaso

Me>U >_>
"Ask a Question" Thread and Team Building Links

Hopefully this will stop the mounds of threads asking a single question from being posted.

"Ask a Question" Thread Rules:
Ask a simple question about 4th Generation Competitive Play ONLY.
That means:
- No asking where to find sprites.
- No asking what level a Pokemon learns a move.

Things TO ask:
- What Pokemon would be best to complete my team?
- What EVs should I use on this Pokemon?
- What is the best set to use for this Pokemon?

Useful Team Building Links:

Serebii Pokedex
This site provides move pools, stats, and other general information about every Pokemon. This is perhaps the greatest resource.

Guide to EVs, IVs, and Natures
Explains everything on how to EV Train/ IV Breed.

Attack Type Analyzer

This allows you to find Pokemon that resist a combination of 2-4 types. Useful for finding a certain Pokemon to fill a whole in your team.

Stat / EV Calculator

This allows you to input certain EVs and find out what the stat would be. This is useful for calculating the number of EVs to reach a certain point.

The Best Guide for D/P Ubers You Will Ever Find

This gives you a look into one of the lesser played metagames. A great guide.

Speed Tier List

This confusing chart gives you a list of speeds that commonly used Pokemon reach.

Lead Guide

This gives great insight into commonly used leads. Useful for devising a counter lead, or picking one of your own.

Wall Breaking Guide

This guide describes how to take down the common walls used in the OU competitive metagame.

Competitive Battling Guide

This guide, written by mag, gives a detailed look at how to build a team and certain threats. A really great resource.

Smogon Pokemon Article Database

This is a good source for competitive move sets and information.

Pokemon Sprites

Posting a RMT? Come here to get sprites!

Maybe we can get this stickied.

Last edited:

BlazeBat

Blaziken Master
to get it started ill ask a question, could a physical sweeper blaziken be good if you breed it to have agility

BlazeBat

Blaziken Master
to get it started ill ask a question, could a physical sweeper blaziken be good if you breed it to have agility

parasectdude

Wants name change
The simple answer is yes. For the not so simple answer, decipher this code:

yes.png

shiny meta

i also have one is modest Attack Dexoys any good or is the mixed the better one

shiny meta

^thats not much of a problem for me as i can kill blissey easily

Spire

soiya
Since Wish Blissey is going to be banned, I'm at a loss for a Special Wall/Wish-Passer.

Could I use Clefable?

Tochukaso

Me>U >_>
It's what I've been using. Uh, let me get the set.

Clefable (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/4 Spd/40 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Is what I have been using lately. You can of course swap around the defenses to your liking.

That always survives +2 Garchomp Earthquake and 1HKOs with Ice Beam. General support. Best used with Toxic Spikes support. You could use Thunder or TWave over Stealth Rock if you wish.

saqib

i hav i question if your gonna use a starmie in your team should you train the staryu too lv 100 then use a water stone or sould you use the water stone right away

Reno

so adorable...
Does not really matter. It only really needs two moves it learns from levelling, Rapid Spin and Recover. The other moves are TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.