• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Ask a Question" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugcatcherjason

Skymin and Scizor rule Shoddy currently, and people are resorting to Scarf Heatran to counter. Offensive teams are ridiculously popular, especially those based around Skymin. New Platinum threats such as Aqua Tail Tyranitar, Outrage Salamence and Superpower Dragonite haven't quite caught on yet, but I'm sure they will in due time. The new Rotom forms have seen good usage, personally I've been seeing a lot of Trick and Weather variants, and they sure are pretty annoying to face. Skymin doesn't seem like Uber YET, but the Platinum metagame has barely started, nothing to drastic has happened.

lol.. i thought this was a question thread.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Does No guard break through Protect?

Smogon said:
If a Pokémon with No Guard is using Detect or Protect, or if a No Guard Pokémon is targeting a Pokémon using Detect or Protect, moves have 100% - X% accuracy, where X is the move's normally accuracy. In other words, any moves used would hit if they usually don't, and wouldn't hit if they usually do. This takes into account Accuracy and Evasion, as well as the base Accuracy of the move. Moves that ignore all Accuracy modifiers, including OHKOs, do not have a chance to break through.

So if the move is Focus Blast, it'll hit 30% of the time.

Pretty much any physical Kingdra set. Rain Dance/Waterfall/Outrage/filler works well.

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
i have a question. What's a pokemon that has really good SpAtk?

randomspot555

This page tells the top 100 Pokemon with the highest base Special Attack stat.

I guess my post got lost.

It's important to remember that just because a Pokemon has a high base number in [whatever], it doesn't mean it's useful.

Flareon has a great base physical attack, but lacks a good physical attack move pool, especially good physical fire attacks. It's best STAB physical attack is Fire Fang, but misses out on Fire Punch and Flare Blitz.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
i have a question. What's a pokemon that has really good SpAtk?

Taking the fact that rik pointed out -- movepool, etc. --, some of the best special attackers in standard are Heatran, Gengar, Azelf, Alakazam?, Togekiss, Yanmega, and a variety of mixed Pokémon like Lucario and Salamence. Some people run Specs Lucario. In UU, they are totally Amphy, Jynx, Gorebyss, Omastar, and Glaceon :>! [Ampharos has a miserable movepool though D: Decent support options though.]

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
How do I counter the alt Rotoms? Also, if you have D/P and battle a Platinum user over Wi-Fi, will Hypnosis have 70% or 60% accuracy?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
How do I counter the alt Rotoms? Also, if you have D/P and battle a Platinum user over Wi-Fi, will Hypnosis have 70% or 60% accuracy?

Blissey of course, but other than that, Spiritomb does a pretty good job with Calm Mind or STAB Sucker Punch. Houndoom can come in on Overheat, Leaf Storm, and Blizzard, and threaten a OHKO with Dark Pulse. Water Absorb Quagsire stops Washing Machine Rotom if it doesn't have Shadow Ball (although most will).

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
I think a solid counter to Rotoms would probably be Restalk Snorlax with Crunch, everything else has some trouble coming in and killing them, especially ResTalk variants

Also Calmunism FTFW

Last edited:

golduck#1

ok well i got 2 magnemites that i want. i was gonna use the hp ice one but then i saw the hp water one. here are the details.

magnemite modest/magnet pull
hp ice
Iv's= hp/att/def/spA/spD/spe
hp ice power= 39

magnemite modest /sturdy
hp water
Iv's= hp/att/def/spA/spD/spe
hp water power= 66

also what move sets should i go with this?

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
The Ice power is rather unfortunate. I can't see why you would use Water > Ice, but it's certainly better than a 40-base power move with no STAB or priority. .__. Go with the Water one, I guess. [or rebreed/trade for a better one :C]

golduck#1

um well i do have the swarm still. but it took a long time to do it. anyways any suggestions for moveset

If you're battling on WiFi, you don't have to; only Shoddy.

Hypnosis has 70% accuracy in any battle involved WiFi, Diamond or Pearl. The new accuracy change is only in effect during Platinum local battles.

To the people talking about Skymin:

A- It's going to go straight to Uber anyway lol
B- It's not going to work on WiFi

God only knows why Shoddy has Skymin in OU <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.