• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Ask a Question" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about running this set for my Tyranitar

;248;
Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Brave
-Focus Punch
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam

I was wondering how to properly allocate my EVs but I'm not 100 certain at this point. I was thinking about having this for my Pokemon.

252 Atk / 104 SpA / 26 SpD / 122 HP

I want to hear what you guys think or if you think that the EVs can be allocated better feel free to post it.

Dig-kun

Hi, guys
I was thinking if a Clefable would be good to train
Cuz it´d have Magic Armor
(Is it this?)
:p

So, as far as I got, the Clefable wouldnt suffer from Special Damage
So, I´d train EVly Def, and any Attk, with Meteor Mash, Softboiled,Metronome and dunno, something
=D

So, whatcha think?
=)

Dustero

Master Shiny Breeder
I have a Shiny Larvitar. I was thinking of going with this moveset, but I can't teach it pursuit. What should I put in place of pursuit?

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Moveset
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Pursuit

Also do you think using Life Orb or leftovers will be better than Choice Band? I've never actually used it before and I'm not sure if I'll like having to switch out to use a different attack.

Last edited:

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
@ Dig-Kun

Wow, using Metronome is like winning ten cents in the lottery; it rarely works, but if it does, the payoff is low.

I've found Clefable to be good at using Facade, personally. Throw Toxic Orb on Clef and Facade becomes a powerful STAB without the damage

menotu

pokemon collector
i need help with my nidoking im traininig i was gonna mke it lke this

Nidoking(not sure which item)
earthquake
megahorn
shadow ball
and i need help with last move
ev trained in attack speed and leftover in sp. def.

plz help with other move and item ty ;)

Eon_is_not_the_end

~Mentally Unstable~
I need some help

I have an EVD Clamperl for my Trick Room team, but i need HP ELECTRIC. I want to be able to have it while still maintaining a low speed IV (0-3). Can anyone help me with what IVS i should have? BTW, it's Modest.

braidz18

hey, i need help choosing between a jolteon and a manectric for my last slot on my team.

which would you guys consider is better? and why?

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
I've always said this to every person who asks this; what is the rest of your team? It would depend on what the rest of your team is

braidz18

the rest of the team doesnt matter, i want to know which is better based on their own merit.

and if i didnt use baton pass on jolteon, would it still be a better choice than manectric?

Rad3n

Banned
Magnetric is inferior in almost every way. All it has that Jolteon doesn't is access to fire type moves. Magnetric has such a lack of other moves however, that the standard Choice Specs set actually contains Hyper Beam...

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
I am thinking about running this set for my Tyranitar

;248;
Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Brave
-Focus Punch
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam

I was wondering how to properly allocate my EVs but I'm not 100 certain at this point. I was thinking about having this for my Pokemon.

252 Atk / 104 SpA / 26 SpD / 122 HP

I want to hear what you guys think or if you think that the EVs can be allocated better feel free to post it.

All you did was copy and paste the standard, removed the very necessary Substitute and changed it to be more physical based, which defeats its purpose of hitting it's physical counters hard.

Focus Punch without Substitute is a lot harder to use as well. and Stone Edge really has no use for this particular moveset.

Quiet Nature: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 168 S.Atk / 28 Spd

With Substitute you get 101 Subs which means Seismic Toss will not break it and you can use Focus Punch without fail now, the Nature and EVs can 2HKO some Hippowdon, a common switch in to all physical Tyranitar.

I have a Shiny Larvitar. I was thinking of going with this moveset, but I can't teach it pursuit. What should I put in place of pursuit?

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Moveset
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Pursuit

Also do you think using Life Orb or leftovers will be better than Choice Band? I've never actually used it before and I'm not sure if I'll like having to switch out to use a different attack.

An option is Ice Beam with Life Orb, which lands a OHKO on Gliscor.

I need some help

I have an EVD Clamperl for my Trick Room team, but i need HP ELECTRIC. I want to be able to have it while still maintaining a low speed IV (0-3). Can anyone help me with what IVS i should have? BTW, it's Modest.

HP Electric's combo is: Odd/Odd/Odd/Even/Odd/Odd

So as long as all of your IVs are an odd number except special attack then you'll always get Hp Electric. The lowest possible Spd IV you can get is 1 in other words.

Last edited:

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
ask a question eh?

ok, what's the happiness level needed to teach my dragons draco meteor? (salamence hates me lol)

thanks.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
ask a question eh?

ok, what's the happiness level needed to teach my dragons draco meteor? (salamence hates me lol)

thanks.

"Ask a Question" Thread Rules:
Ask a simple question about 4th Generation Competitive Play ONLY.
That means:
- No asking where to find sprites.
- No asking what level a Pokemon learns a move.

But since I'm nice I'll answer that.

Just buff its happiness up. Is it that hard?

Rad3n

Banned
Alternatively, you can use 49 stat boosting items (protein, HP up). It'll set you back half a million Poke Dollarz tho.

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
But since I'm nice I'll answer that.

Just buff its happiness up. Is it that hard?

>.> didnt see that, my bad. ill just give it as many ev reducing berries that it needs, they wont actually reduce anything but as far as i know it'll still make it happy.

@blue ace- ill give it a massage after it learns draco meteor for a job well done =)

Status
Not open for further replies.