• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Ask a Question" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Custom User Title
Oh, that was easier ^___^ Thanks LoM and Aldred :D

EDIT: It means Crobat can get away with 60 Power HP Fighting to 2HKO TTar.

But without the full 70 power she can no longer OHKO Weavile (she does between 88 - 107% with Brave Bird, but he can OHKO Crobat with Ice Punch iirc) unless it is sporting Life Orb in which she would get killed for her cause ^__^.

Last edited:

Reborn_Alchemist93

Eevee Trainer
How effective would flareon, + 391 attack, + flail, + 1 hp left, + focus sash, be?

Reborn_Alchemist93

Eevee Trainer
How effective would flareon, + 391 attack, + flail, + 1 hp left, + focus sash, be?

Hypernike

Gettin' it right the first time

I was planning on raising up a team for online but I only wanted to raise one, and I want it to be both fun and competitive in OU. I was considering a sandstorm team since some of my favorites (Scizor, Regirock) would fit in there. Do you think a SS team is good for my only team or is there a better set if I only make one?

Nenäpää

With that typing (SS damage) and that speed, I'd say that not very effective. It can cause some damage, but can be hard to use. If you use it, use it in UU, though I'm almost sure that even there are many better options than this.

Hypernike said:
I was planning on raising up a team for online but I only wanted to raise one, and I want it to be both fun and competitive in OU. I was considering a sandstorm team since some of my favorites (Scizor, Regirock) would fit in there. Do you think a SS team is good for my only team or is there a better set if I only make one?
It completely depends from your team. It can't be said that easily. You can have more weaknesses to some specific pokemon more easily, but you can create a good SS team if you can create a good normal team.

Also, you need Tyranitar or Hippowdon. That gives you 2x water weakness. If you choose T-Tar, you have two fighting weaknesses as well as ground, so make sure you cover those types well.

hobby

Generally is there a pokemon that can come in on and take out both garchomp and infernape, using a physical or mixed moveset. I ask this because not matter what team i try out these two seem to take me down quite easily

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
What is the best team to defeat this team? Garchomp, swampert, harizard, Gengar, Schuckle and Jolteon? Which pokemon should I use to defeat/counter them? (pls indicate moves to be used if possible)

I need help on building a team to defeat this team, so if anyone could please give some noteworthy advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Nenäpää

Generally is there a pokemon that can come in on and take out both garchomp and infernape, using a physical or mixed moveset. I ask this because not matter what team i try out these two seem to take me down quite easily
Starmie can come in on Swords dancing Garchomp and kill it. It survives unboosted hits and can Recover. It also beats MixApe. It outspeed and kills.

Also, Vaporeon is more defensive and can beat non-SDChomps and doesn't die from once Nasty plotted Grass knot from Infernape. They're both special though.

And jiang, I think that many people don't want to give you ready team... Suggest something and people will give you advice.

Nenäpää

Huh? Starmie outspeeds it and kills with Ice beam. If it SDs on the switch, it has to switch away or eat Ice beam. Yeah, Yache berry is a different story, but I'd say that Starmie can usually do well against SDChomp. Garchomp doesn't have any foolproof counter.

And btw, if Garchomp SDs while Vaporeon switches in, Vaporeon is dead. Adamant Chomp's Earthquake OHKOs even max def + hp Vaporeon almost every time. That's if Chomp has Life orb. Jolly has a good change to OHKO max def + hp Vaporeon, so Vaporeon is a shaky counter.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Im surprised no one's mentioned Cresselia?

Starmie isnt really that much better than Vaporeon

Yache Berry Chomp is still a bizzatch, not to mention the occasional ScarfChomp makes Starmie its fodder, especially if it decides to come in thinking it'll SD. not sure how much Chain Chomp's Draco Meteor would do, fairly certain it'll OHKO, especially with SR and Sandstorm

In other words Garchomp = Uncounterable, The best you can do is predict and revenge kill, user hobby

Don't make me sad. :(

- Counter Gliscor:
Gliscor takes any SD boosted hit and kills it back with Counter. You introduced this yourself. Can't really deal with Ape though.

- Starmie
Starmie beats Infernape pretty much every time, but needs great prediction to beat Chomp. Garchomp is still 1HKOd by Modest Max SpA SpecStar even with yache, iirc.

- Vaporeon
Takes hits from Garchomp better, but its Ice Beams are considerably weaker than Starmie's, making it bit harder to take Chomp down. Infernape is beaten unless its Grass Knot is boosted by Nasty Plot. You'll also need 68 SpA EVs.

Nenäpää

Oh yeah, Cress. The wierdest thing is that I used it for a long time to counter those two. :p But I think that even it loses to Yache Chomp.

Don't make me sad. :(

- Counter Gliscor:
Gliscor takes any SD boosted hit and kills it back with Counter. You introduced this yourself. Can't really deal with Ape though.
Don't forget the Sub Chomps... Also, good prediction/greediness can kill this Gliscor. How? If it uses SD while Gliscor switches in, it can expect Ice fang, which only 2HKOs. Meanwhile, it can use SD so it can OHKO it after two boosts, and has an instant win if the opponents speedy opponents are down. It's still good counter, but not unbeatable. And it's not my invention, btw.

Yeah, and it can't stand against Nape.

- Vaporeon
Takes hits from Garchomp better, but its Ice Beams are considerably weaker than Starmie's, making it bit harder to take Chomp down. Infernape is beaten unless its Grass Knot is boosted by Nasty Plot. You'll also need 68 SpA EVs.
Actually, Vaporeon's Ice beam is more powerful than Starmie's. And Vaporeon survives from Nasty plotted Grass knot, since the base power of GK is only 60 against Vaporeon.

So in a nutshell: Starmie works better against SDChomp, and Vaporeon against Scarfers, etc.

hobby

Ok this has all been helpful, could you suggest an ev set to work with a vaporeon, I'm going to see if that will help out my team, although it does mean i have only one physical attacker

Just max defense.... 4 more HP than the standard isn't doing anything, as 68 already beats them.

Nenäpää

188 HP/ 248 Def/ 72 Atk

Enough Satk to kill 4HP Garchomps ^_^
Also note that Keaton probably meant special attack. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.