• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Ask a Question" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoh-Gone said:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/ 92 SpDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Sassy Nature (-Spd + SpDef)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis
- Earthquake

Officially formatted.

I'm confused. Is this set any good or not? Becuase y'know, Smogon is always a bit behind the metagame...

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
^ The Atk EVs achieve nothing of real significance, only with an item such as Iron Ball or Life Orb will it be worthwhile to invest into Atk, otherwise they're thrown in there "just because" and really don't do much more damage as would a 0 Atk Bronzong

Also 244 HP EVs achieves a Leftovers Recovery point for reference

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Attack evs are, and always will be, pointless on non-CB Bronzong.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
Meh!!

That is true but a little more atk power added to its stabed gyroball is always nice is it not?

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
Meh!!

That is true but a little more atk power added to its stabed gyroball is always nice is it not?

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
Meh!!

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
the added 84(6) Atk EV's on Bronzong help it be able to KO Gengar for a start. I think it also helps a 2HKO on garchomp instead of a 3HKO but im not 100% sure about that. It defenitly helps 1HKO Gengar. didnt calc it for anything else.

S0L

Master Team Creator
meh, the attack evs are really unnescassary. Bronzong could but them to better use. and pokepromaster, it dosent matter how many hits take down a chomp, they are UBER

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
meh, the attack evs are really unnescassary. Bronzong could but them to better use. and pokepromaster, it dosent matter how many hits take down a chomp, they are UBER

Yeah i no its Uber, i just thought id say that because still MANY people allow Garchomp in OU Play, probably most here still at serebii. Not too sure about other places (obviously totally banned at smogon). Also, Bronzong is (was) used as a garchomp counter in some tems and Gyro Ball was the best, safest and fastest way to beat it (with the expection of Explosion).

Also, people might use bronzong in the Uber Metagame, i dunno, never had an Uber match!

EDIT: i was even gonna state that i KNEW garchomp was uber in my previous post ... guess i should of.

Last edited:

Dig-kun

its worth sparing the accuracy for a better item. hypnosis and focus blast are on your side of the odds so take the risk and benefit it offensively

Ok
I´m gonna use this
:D
Thanks

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
Yeah i no its Uber, i just thought id say that because still MANY people allow Garchomp in OU Play, probably most here still at serebii. Not too sure about other places (obviously totally banned at smogon). Also, Bronzong is (was) used as a garchomp counter in some tems and Gyro Ball was the best, safest and fastest way to beat it (with the expection of Explosion).

Also, people might use bronzong in the Uber Metagame, i dunno, never had an Uber match!

EDIT: i was even gonna state that i KNEW garchomp was uber in my previous post ... guess i should of.

Meh is see what you mean but i have one and it posts its gyro ball and its explosion so........

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
Is there a Pokemon I could add to my team to counter both Salamence and Gyarados? Can any Pokemon counter both?

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Starmie??? Maybe......

It has both Ice Beam and Thunderbolt to take them down, but if it doesn't OHKO, I'm not sure if it can withstand an Attack

S0L

Master Team Creator
Is there a Pokemon I could add to my team to counter both Salamence and Gyarados? Can any Pokemon counter both?

find something with both ice beam and thunderbolt. Starmie, froslass, etc.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Yup, I most certainly see how Froslass can counter both Gyarados and Mence with its titanic base 70 Def!

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Porygon2 counters both Gyara and Mence splendidly and gives you cool points

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
Vaporeon with Hidden Power [Electric] and Ice Beam can also counter both Gyarados and Salamence pretty nicely, Porygon2 is maybe the best as it will copy the intimidate to lower the Pokemons attack.

With porygon2 you might need to watch out for Life Orb Brick Breaks from Salamence which could hurt.

Gyarados can still only 3HKO the standard vaporeon even after a Dragon Dance because Gyarados will be forced to use Stone Edge / Earthquake (non-STAB attacks) on vaporeon because waterfall will heal vaporeon. Vaporeon could struggle to counter some variations of Salamence as it could get 2HKO by a Choice Banded Dragon Claw (for example) so it might not be 100% safe to switch Vaporeon in on a Salamence.

Miror B

Afro Thunder
I made a Gliscor built for sweeping, (252 Atk & Spd w/ Jolly nature) and I am trying to narrow down my move choices down to four
Here are the possibilites:
Earthquake
Night Slash
Aerial Ace
X-Scissor
Poison Jab
Roost
Steel Wing
Brick Break

Give me your suggestions as to how I should finsh my Gliscor.

Miror B

Afro Thunder
I made a Gliscor built for sweeping, (252 Atk & Spd w/ Jolly nature) and I am trying to narrow down my move choices down to four
Here are the possibilites:
Earthquake
Night Slash
Aerial Ace
X-Scissor
Poison Jab
Roost
Steel Wing
Brick Break

Give me your suggestions as to how I should finsh my Gliscor.

Status
Not open for further replies.