• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Ask a Question" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
I made a Gliscor built for sweeping, (252 Atk & Spd w/ Jolly nature) and I am trying to narrow down my move choices down to four
Here are the possibilites:
Earthquake
Night Slash
Aerial Ace
X-Scissor
Poison Jab
Roost
Steel Wing
Brick Break

Give me your suggestions as to how I should finsh my Gliscor.

Earthquake is a must. Gliscor can also learn Ice Fang which allows great coverage should i would also suggest Ice Fang also.

for the third move i would recommend Roost so you can roost off damage caused to gliscor.

for the final slot, you could either use another attacking attack, Ariel Ace, Brick Break, stone edge whatever you feel gets the most coverage for the rest of your team. You could also try Swords Dance to make it even more powerful or Agility so you can outspeed much more.

If you went for Agility you could even drop some Speed EV's and add some HP and/or Def EV's to make a little more bulkier.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Okay, I have two questions:

1. Can Lucario learn Thunderpunch through breeding?(what would be a good moveset if he can??)

2. If i breed a a girl Charizard with a male Dragonite(that knows Fire Punch). Will the egg know Fire Punch?

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
1. no
2. no

Tutor moves are not passed on to eggs, unless that tutor move is an egg move for that pokemon. T-punch and Fire Punch are not eggs moves for the Lucario/Charizard lines respectivly.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
thanx for the answer.

Another question: Is it okay to use Rare Candies on a pokemon before you EV train them?

I SRed a Naughty Heatran with IVs of 27/25/31/30/31/29 and a Hidden Power of Electric 63. Is that usable, and if it is, what would be a good set for it?

redpanda

Sorry, I have a question too. Please answer DarkTyphlosion first if you have answers to both our questions.
I am going to EV train a milotic and I am breeding for a feebas with good IV's. Two I have are:
Feebas (Bashful)
HP: 0 - 2
Att: 20 - 25
Def: 3 - 4
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 19 - 23
Speed: 31

Feebas (Bashful)
HP: 20 - 22
Att: 20 - 24
Def: 26
SpA: 25
SpD: 2
Speed: 13 - 14

Should I use one of these or should I keep trying due to their poor HP/defense or special defense?

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Keep trying. You need at least 25 HP / Def / SDef IVs to make it decent enough. You're fairly close though.

redpanda

Thank you very much! Do you have any suggestions for dragonite? The (jolly)dratini I have has 26 IV's in attack/defense and less than 10 in everything else which isn't very good I think. Thank you for the feedback!

Breed for an Adamant nature and better IVs. Jolly Dragonites aren't really much good, like Adamant Weavile.

redpanda

Okay! Thank you very much for the advice, I will do just that!

hobby

Once again a question revolving around the Platinum move tutors, is Superpower worth a slot on a CB Kabutops set?

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Are these good move sets for the following pokemon:

Weezing @ Leftovers
-Flamethrower
-Haze
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
252 HP / 80 SpAtk / 176 SpAtk

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
-Ice Punch(should I use Earthquake instead?)
-Roost
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Are these good move sets for the following pokemon:

Weezing @ Leftovers
-Flamethrower
-Haze
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
252 HP / 80 SpAtk / 176 SpAtk

Haze looks good on paper but isnt good in the heat of battle, Exploding you physical wall is also not wise whatsoever and needs to stop. Sludge Bomb gets horrible coverage, Weezing doesnt care for STAB whatsoever, as Fire Blast hits everything poison hits and more. You listed EVs for S.Atk twice and you failed to give us a nature.

Overall a poorly though out set.

Weezing @ Black Sludge/ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 S.Atk
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast

^ gets recovery which is important for walls, and gets better coverage which lets it counter Gyarados, Heracross, Breloom, Scizor and Lucario all in one, it also has no need for S.Atk EVs as they do not achieve much.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
-Ice Punch(should I use Earthquake instead?)
-Roost
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Again we need Nature, Ice Punch isnt needed with Outrage, and this gets walled by any steel type.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry/ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature (+Atk -S.Atk)
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Outrage

^ gets superior coverage and beats steel types

EDIT: Also you posted in the wrong thread, you want "competitive single rates"

Last edited:

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
Once again a question revolving around the Platinum move tutors, is Superpower worth a slot on a CB Kabutops set?

SOme calcs on common UU walls:

Superpower is a chance at a OHKO on standard 252 HP / 152 Def Bold Clefable, while Brick Break is an easy 2HKO.

Superpower is a guaranteed 2HKO on 40 HP / 0 Def Calm Lanturn, while Brick Break is a chance to 2HKO.

Superpower is a chance to OHKO a 252 HP / 0 Def Calm Probopass, while Brick Break is a guaranteed 2HKO.

Superpower is an okay move on CB Kabutops if you don't mind the attack drop.

Mysterous64

The Black Knight
Medicham

I have an idea for a Medicham but i am not so sure if it is good enough

Medicham Adamant
Pyscho cut
Brick Break/High jump kick ( if possible close combat)
Ice Punch
Drain Punch
255 Atk 255 Sp Atk
Item: Life Orb

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
You want Single Rates for that.

First of all, don't waste EVs. Only points in groups of four are counted. 255 is not divisible by four so you are wasting three EVs on both points, which could give you one more HP points. It sounds petty but you never know when it could come in handy [lol] and I guess I hate that waste. Get in a habit of being conservative with them =) Also, maybe you aren't aware of the physical/special split in DP? You aren't using any special attacks, so put those SpA EVs in speed.

Close Combat isn't possible, so go with Brick Break or Hi Jump Kick [which is risky but rewarding]. Drain Punch is a waste as a) you are using Life Orb, which condemns Medicham even more, although that's not a bad thing b) Medicham is frail, so you just want to hit as hard as you can. On most sets for 1v1 two fighting moves on the one set [that are attacking] are generally redundant. Try ThunderPunch instead. Which basically makes your set totally standard Smogon fare, except none of their sets run Life Orb and run Choice items instead, but nonetheless...

Choice Band or even Scarf might be worthwhile for you to check out btw seeing as Medicham isn't gonna hang around long, so you may as well hit as hard as you can while you DO live.

Also, incidentally, better and more readable format, which will encourage raters to rate you more =p No one wants to bother with illegible, poorly-formatted sets:

Medicham @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
-Psycho Cut
-Brick Break / Hi Jump Kick
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch

Last edited:
You get them from the Coin Exchange in Veilstone. I was quite happy they had such a TM in unlimited supply. Usually the good ones are one-offs or 80 BP @ Battle Tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.