• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a talking door?

difficult?

• nah

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • a little

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • it took a while to figure out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it's hard

• i gave up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
for a change, a funny tricky question to test you guys;)
here goes.

You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth

Ask a question that involvs both doors.

you guys can stick your brains together i don't mind that. spoiler the answer if you already happen know it / figured out.

treeco123

I don't think this is the right answer.
ask them what your name is,the good one will say your name but the bad one won't.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Is this it?
"Are you two both doors?" the one who speaks the truth will say yes, the one who speaks only lies will say no. or ask one of them "are you a door?" and the lier will say no

Last edited:

rekreatur

Correct answer.

[spoil]Ask one door what the other one would say.

Ask "Would it tell me that this door leads to the City of Truth?" Its answer is "Yes." You now know that the other door leads to the City of Truth.
If it was telling the truth, the other one would be lying and vice versa.[/spoil]

Last edited:

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
@MrDragon: Well, technically, they could both supreme magical beings that look and act like doors. So the answer could, theoretically, go either way.

See pink skitty's post. It's right on the money.

If you're too lazy to check...

pink skitty said:
Ask one door what the other one would say.

Ask "Would it tell me that this door leads to the City of Truth?" Its answer is "Yes." You now know that the other door leads to the City of Truth.
If it was telling the truth, the other one would be lying and vice versa.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
@MrDragon: Well, technically, they could both supreme magical beings that look and act like doors. So the answer could, theoretically, go either way.

See pink skitty's post. It's right on the money.

If you're too lazy to check...

But that wasn't the riddle, he said they were doors so they are, as far as the likelihood of this happening, doors as the riddle says they are doors.

Profesco

gone gently
Well that was actually a nice riddle, and fun. Anyone who watched Samurai Jack would know how to approach it. Thanks, (s.i.e.)!

Status
Not open for further replies.