1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a talking door?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by (s.i.e), May 20, 2010.

?

difficult?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2010.
  1. nah

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. a little

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. it took a while to figure out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. it's hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. i gave up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

for a change, a funny tricky question to test you guys;)
    here goes.

You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth

Ask a question that involvs both doors.

you guys can stick your brains together i don't mind that. spoiler the answer if you already happen know it / figured out.

2. treeco123

treeco123 Well-Known Member

I don't think this is the right answer.
    ask them what your name is,the good one will say your name but the bad one won't.

3. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

30 views and merely 1 is brave enough to reply?
    i'm dissapointed.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  4. Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon Crazy Dude

Is this it?
    "Are you two both doors?" the one who speaks the truth will say yes, the one who speaks only lies will say no. or ask one of them "are you a door?" and the lier will say no

5. treeco123

treeco123 Well-Known Member

is this is one of those questions where there is more than one answer?

6. rekreatur

rekreatur Well-Known Member

Correct answer.

[spoil]Ask one door what the other one would say.

Ask "Would it tell me that this door leads to the City of Truth?" Its answer is "Yes." You now know that the other door leads to the City of Truth.
    If it was telling the truth, the other one would be lying and vice versa.[/spoil]

7. Umbreon-dana

Umbreon-dana Phat Philanthropist

@MrDragon: Well, technically, they could both supreme magical beings that look and act like doors. So the answer could, theoretically, go either way.

See pink skitty's post. It's right on the money.

If you're too lazy to check...

8. Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon Crazy Dude

But that wasn't the riddle, he said they were doors so they are, as far as the likelihood of this happening, doors as the riddle says they are doors.

9. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Well that was actually a nice riddle, and fun. Anyone who watched Samurai Jack would know how to approach it. Thanks, (s.i.e.)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.