• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agustus

I always viewed Meowth as so hungry for love --I regularly played him as shippy for almost anyone that was around him --even Max.

Max... Hilarious. That's... imaginable?

Maddie, I am going to try out for a voice acting job. Any tips?

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Biggest tips for would-be voice actors --PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE --it's an instrument :)

When you're ready to cut a demo --make sure it's professionally produced at a real studio, and get it out to as many studios as possible. It's like lotto --the more tapes out there --the better your chances of landing a contact.

Once you have the job --be a pro and remember that studio time costs money. Don't waste the engineer and director's time with your comedy routine. Do your job and have fun while you are there. Remember to thank the crew and don't loiter around the studio.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
I think it would be cool if you put more clips on your MySpace page with other Pokemon that you have dubbed. (like Corphish and Alakazam)

1. How do you think your Meowth voice would've sounded if you actually imitated Sussman's version of the character?

2. If you had to compare each Meowth voice (Sussman's, your's, and Zoppi's) to a foreign one, which one(s) would you compare each one to and why?

3. More of a general question, but will you ever decide to ask any of the other voice actors to join this forum? I would really like to ask all the other voice actors questions as well, but i can't since they're not a part of the forum community. If such a thing isn't possible, could we ask you questions to send back to the other voice actors, so that we can hear what they have to say?

Last edited:

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
More of a general question, but will you ever decide to ask any of the other voice actors to join this forum? I would really like to ask all the other voice actors questions as well, but i can't since they're not a part of the forum community. If such a thing isn't possible, could we ask you questions to send back to the other voice actors, so that we can hear what they have to say?

Oh, yes! Could you possibly do that?

Anyways, as for my Question, sorry if it's been asked: What did you do to get into your character before recording? Did you even need to?

sorry if this has been asked before...

1. What inspired your accent for Meouth?
2. Would you play as other characters? What would they be?

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Just wondering, you said before it was someone named Matthew Sussman who first voiced Meowth, but I recently heard his VA in Irrisponsible Capt. Tylor, and he was credited as Nathan Price, a name that wass also in the Pokemon credits.
Has he used the name Sussman for any other roles, or is it just his real name and Price is his screenname?

GymLeaderLance99

Orichalcos Duelist
Hey, Maddie. Heh, I haven't been around here in a while. ^_^

Anyway, my question, GX-related, is: are you going to voice someone in Season 3? I know you may've heard this a lot by now, but you did a splendid job as Sartorius, and it'd be cool if you were returning with a different character in Season 3. ^_^

Mistress Puff

Jigglypuff Masta'
I like Krazyshipping :)

I'm more of a Blueshipper tho'
Ah! Thank you so much for answering my question. <33 Hehe, blueshipping is awesome!

I always viewed Meowth as so hungry for love --I regularly played him as shippy for almost anyone that was around him --even Max.
Aw, Moonshipping is so awesome too. My little Jigglypuff with Meowth would've been the cutest! xD Squee, and I love ImpromptuHugShipping too! Meowth just fits well with anyone, Lol!

And thanks for the advice on voice acting - I'm actually considering it myself. You have really given me so much inspiration. ^-^

Last edited:
I LOVE MEOWTH. I've laughed so much at meowth and team rocket and I just wanted to say thanks for all the laughs and memories!

.... THHHHHAT'S RIGHT!

P.S. Did the voices of jesse and james (and you) ever get tired of doing the team rocket motto?

corphish

Banned
Maddie why dont you ever post more often on here anymore

SailorPika

Dark Poke'mon Lover
I heard you've done the voice of Sister Jill in the dub of the live-action "Cutie Honey" movie. Is this the first time you've overdubbed a character from a live-action movie?

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Hello again. I'm not sure if that has been asked before, but I was wondering if there were any episodes that made you cry/feel like crying. Also, do you have any particular favorite fan-fics?

Every Heart

Happy Rival!
I don't know if it was asked yet, but what do you think of the new Diamond and Pearl Team Rocket motto? I thought it was really funny with Meowth's "In your ear" part of the motto.

(Meowth is in my top five favorite characters. Possibly number one...)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I know you said before that if we write to a 4Kids VA with a SASE, they'll write back. Is that just the regular VAs, or will they forward it to someone who only did one voice?

Status
Not open for further replies.