1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CandyRobot

CandyRobot Well-Known Member

....*eyetwitch*

Why am I always such a late bloomer???

*bangs head against wall*

Edit: Uh... Anyways... *blush*

I don't have any questions right now....^^; Hn...

2. maddiejoan

maddiejoan Rising Trainer

Wish I could have voiced Perap. He looks like my parrot Jake :)

3. Hamstar

Hamstar o snp.

Here's a random question that just came to mind xD

What do you think Meowth would look like if he were human? =o

4. Jorah

Jorah What do I put here?

OMG...hi! I've been wanting to ask something for ages since my favourite character is Meowth (he actually is, I'm not trying to suck up lol) but I didn't know what. Well, I thought of something.

When you first started to dub Meowth, can you remember what your thoughts on him were? Did you find him annoying or weird, or liked him striaght away? I mean, its not every day that you get to be a voice for a talking cat, it must have been different.

Your sig is soo cute! *saved*

5. maddiejoan

maddiejoan Rising Trainer

Meowth would look just like me. (At least for the first 8 seasons)

Love at first sight.

6. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

OK, this is going to sound stupid, but it just came back to me. Years ago, during the show's first few years, there was an interview circulating around with someone claiming to be you. Did you ever go by the name "MeowthMouth" for an online chat?

Strangely, that's the only part I remember, nothing about the chat's content.

7. Captain Brain

Captain Brain Well-Known Member

8. Jorah

Jorah What do I put here?

Wow, thank you for answering my question :)

9. mangod/pikachu

mangod/pikachu Volcano Trainer

So, what is your opinion on the new voice actor for your character? (Assuming you've watched the new episodes of course)

10. Hamstar

Hamstar o snp.

@maddie-- lol I could imagine that xD

11. HikariTajiri

HikariTajiri Back! =D

THIS IS COOL!!!! OK, my questions-

1) Have you ever met Kunihiko Yuyama? (Original anime director)

2) Do you know why Meowth has some sort of coin on his head? (I think it's a yen)

Thanks! I'm a big fan..... Meowth has the best voice ever!!!

12. CandyRobot

*LOL* ;052;

13. Ralli

Ralli Member

Yee! Maddie!

A question that randomly popped up...

I remember you mentioning that you were a Blueshipper- was there any point that it crossed your mind? A scene, an episode..? I'm guilty of being a Meowth/James fan, what can I say, so 'course I'm curious.

And another random thing- I always swoon over your Meowth's voice. XD Sexy voice *ducks* Just. Eee. I grew up idolizing Meowth and related to him so much (losers gotta stick together, being called a freak, royally ditched by crushes- granted, that's basically any childhood but dangit, I related) and his more philosophical moments were just stuck in my head from the movies (those always imprinted on me more)- I could always (and still) recite his great softy lines in the first movie, and my favorite with the Mewtwo Returns movie. Your voice and take on him was just perfect. Just reflected his silliness, his bouts of kindness (mommy Meowth will always be my favorite; especially when he got to beat James over the head with a frying pan for the eating-the-Togepi-egg thing), badassness (who doesn't love when he used to be able to Fury Swipes other characters? the cat's got serious claws going on), vulnerability, humor, etc so great. That weird mix of quirks in his personality (what can I say, it makes a well-rounded character, if not a nutty one- but by god that's why we love the little guy) was just so easy to believe when he'd swing between them (again, doting-mommy to DAMMITMYEGGBABY D:<*FRYINGPAN*****SLAP*).

...memoriiiiiieeess~

...honest to goodness I didn't mean to go on a tangent. Holy crap.

14. TakaNyasu

TakaNyasu Member

I agree 100% with Ralli.

Your Meowth voice = ear sex

Oh, my. I can't believe that I'm actually admitting my guilty pleasure to you. People would think me weird, a soon to be nineteen year old who has a thing for. . .nevermind.

15. CandyRobot

*ROFL*

I can tell you right now that you probably made her blush, there! XD

16. TinyToons288

TinyToons288 New Member

TAJ No Longer Working On PokeMon

I Have a question for you Maddie I found this on the other forums Okay, I just found out some very freaky news. I contacted TAJ Productions (you know, who PUSA hired to replace 4Kids), asking if they'd be working on other Nintendo things like the Aimal Crossing movie. Anyway, Larry Juris e-mailed me back, saying the following:

Quote:
    Thanks you. Unfortunately we will no longer be doing Pokemon. They have
    hired another company. We would love to do the [Animal Crossing] movie if we knew who to
    contact
    Thanks
    TAJ Productions

If this is true, what's it mean? Will it call for another casting change? Is the 10th movie still set to be released? And how long will it take for more new episodes to be dubbed? If this is true does that mean you will work on PokeMon again?

17. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

what was your favorite pokemon movie so far?

also have you played diamond or pearl?

18. TakaNyasu

TakaNyasu Member

Ok, serious question. I've been surfing the forums of Democratic Underground and noticed a user named "maddiejoan". Is that you?

Also, do you have an account on Broadwayworld? What is it called?

EDIT: Holy crap! If that is you on DU, those Obama-bots are treating you horribly! If I wasn't an independant, I'd register myself and stand up for you.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  19. Homsar36

Homsar36 Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone's asked this yet or not, but with Super Smash Brothers Brawl commign out, do you know if they're going to get the original anime voice actors to voice the Pokemon like the Pokemon Trainers Pokemon, or the Poke Ball Pokemon or if they're going to use the origianl ones, because I saw that they put Meowth back in it, and to be perfectly honest, these new voice actors really irritate me.

20. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Nintendo has asked at least one VA to remove "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" or Japanese that Sounds like "Dairanto Sumasshu Burazozu Ekkusu" off the VA's offical site. This is probably just until Launch of the Game or Press releases announcing the fact, like the US Launch/Smash Dojo in this case.

Whilst Meowth was announced before the Japanese Launch yesterday, but I don't remembering hearing him. Chances are, Nyarth is voiced Inuko Inuyama, then Maddie Blaustein or Jimmy Zoppi may have had their voice used. My Money is on the credit to Billy Beach (aka Zoppi).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.