1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Maddie
    Check out this!

I heard from one of my friends that you were returning to Pokemon, and we'll hear your voice once again as Ash... I couldn't believe it, so I asked him where he got from. He told me that he knew somebody else whose uncle works for DuArt, the company that produces the show. So I got to talk to this guy (his name is Adam W BTW) myself and he confirmed that Veronica Taylor was called in by DuArt a few weeks ago to start working on Pokemon once again. And we'll most likely hear her on the show once again in September.

CONGRATULATIONS VERONICA!!!!

You REALLY REALLY deserve this. It will be so refreshing to hear your voice once again after two long years. It doesn't even seem like the new girl is even trying. It is also a shame they chose to replace you in the first place. But it is good to know that I'll hear your voice once more. Plus I hope to hear you as May as well in the next dozen episodes. Take care!

~Ryan~

How do you think of that! :)

2. That was a meesage to Veronica Taylor BTW.

3. P.S. Rachael Lillis got the voice of Maylene, as stated by Kuroshi!

4. Deoxys911

Deoxys911 SSBB: 5069-4586-5573

Wow. I was amazed enough that any VAs would be members here, but I was much more amazed when I saw that one of them has stuck around for two years. Kudos Maddie, kudos. Anyway, something I've always wondered is why hasn't Meowth been captured (In-universe, of course. In reality, the answer would simply be "Because the producers don't think he should be caught.":rolleyes:)? I especially wonder this in the couple episodes where characters want him due to his ability to talk.

5. Pokewiz

Pokewiz Good bye :)

I can't believe we have va here on sppf, anyway, my question:

How do you feel about Meowth's new voice?

6. SaveOurPokemon

SaveOurPokemon Original Series Fan

That would be utterly fantastic, but how can we know for sure this is true? Did you find that on the internet? Or did you or a friend write that your/themself? I'm not trying to put you down or anything but these has always been talk of VAs returning and itturning out to be not true. I hope you understand, however my faith is slightly increasing now that Rachael Lillis returned...

7. Yoom.TAH!

Yoom.TAH! A.K.A. Wigglytuff

Wow, Maddie. So you got to meet the people who play Jesse, James, Ash, May, Dawn, Misty, Brock, Max, and Tracey, too? That's so cool!

8. It was on the guestbook on Veronica Taylor's website and Sarah Natochenny's myspace.

9. SaveOurPokemon

Oooohh..... I looked into this a bit, and if I'm right in assuming Lisa Levenson is Pokemon Trainer Lisa here, who also owns SOVA, I have no reason to doubt her. I think she also had known about Rachael Lillis returning as well. If/when Veronica Taylor responds to that comment on the guestbook, then I will be tremendously happy, but for now I feel safe to say that my spirits are up quite a bit.

Thanks PokemonChampion, you've made my day.

10. You're welcome! :)

11. Hero of Legend

Hero of Legend Advanced Missingno.

Hey Maddie!

Question, I've read on Wikipedia (I know...) that Amy Palant has left 4Kids, is this true?

If so, is she still the voice of Tails in the Sonic games, or will she be replaced?

12. DxEggman

DxEggman Genius

Nothing against Maddie, but I'm glad 4kids isn't connected to Pokemon. The anime's always disappointed me, not cause of the voice acting, but the bad localization as well as the fact that it almost seems like they go out of their way to do things no one would (or could) ever do in the games. (YES I KNOW games=/anime; but honestly: dodging attacks like that? having Volt Tackle AND Thunderbolt?[and like 3 other moves as well])
    4kids let me experience your voice, as well as Dan Green and Lisa Ortiz again, and I'm glad, but the new episodes actually used the music from the DS games, which I haven't heard since like episode 1.....besides the music used in battles.
    4kids ruined this anime as well as Sonic and the anime Ojamajo Doremi, and frankly, if it means not hearing you, Dan, and whoever else, it's worth it in the long run, cause then my animes will be dubbed with at least an ounce of respect to its source material rather than how many action figures can be sold.
    Also, this is the first and only place I've ever seen more than 2 people defend 4kids. I wonder if it's cause this thread is about one of the VA's?
    You do a good job, Maddie, but I have nothing against the new stuff.

13. SaveOurPokemon

This was asked to Mike Pollock on another forum, and here's what he said:

"Like me, Amy never has been a 4Kids employee. We're independent contractors -- we work for many different companies simultaneously, so the term "left" doesn't really apply. Either Amy or 4Kids could have decided to sever their relationship with each other, but I have no idea if that has happened."

14. Shift

Shift I'll learn you good!

Well, well, well...

It would seem that in the second Mystery Dungeon special dub (which hasn't been shown in the US but is now on YouTube), Maddie voiced Chatot. Seems the embargo truly is officially over.

15. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

It's kinda funny.

Considering Maddie made a big fuss about how she'd basically never work for PUSA unless she got Meowth back. >.>

16. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

It's on Youtube? Did PUSA put it on there, or did someone somehow get ahold of it? I'm not finding an English version of it.

17. Shift

Yeah, it's on there; just search for "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 dub", it'll come up.

Funny, it's essentially a 4Kids voice actor extravaganza; Rachael Lillis, Bella Hudson, Dan Green, Marc Thompson, Kether Donahue, and hey hey hey, they've got Jimmy Zoppi along for good measure.

And Korobooshi Kojiro, I guess I agree with you, but I, for one, am glad that Maddie didn't stick to that; biting back pride and moving forward, being the bigger person, is a very commendable thing.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  18. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

So I wonder if it is possible that Veronica would reprise her role as May in the Wallace Cup episodes? It is a subject that was brought up recently.

19. Shift

No.

If it's a character that hasn't appeared in seasons 9 or 10, that's different. Like if, say, Professor Birch came back, Dan Green would most likely take on the role again. But like it or not, Michele Knotz basically is May's official VA now, and that's the same for any other recasted character.

20. SaveOurPokemon

Perhaps, but remember, the last time May appeared was when TAJ dubbed the series. So maybe there's hope with new dubbers and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.