• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Psychic said:
1) Did you get to work with Dan Green a lot, and was he nice to work with?

2) Have you ever met an actor/actress who wasn't nice/fun to work with, who was maybe a bit stuck up or arrogant, abused their 'powers' or you just generally didn't like? (Can be anyone you've ever worked with.)

Again, thank you so much for answering my questions!

~Psychic

1) I have had the good fortune to be directed by Dan Green on many different projects. He's a joy to work with and quite a talented director.

2) Yes --but I won't name names

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Nathan Madien said:
I've a hypothetical question for you, Miss Blaustein. Suppose someone decided to make a live action Pokemon movie and they would like you to reprise your Meowth voice for the film. Would that be possible to do? If so, would you be interested in doing that?

Only if Meowth is CGI like Gollum in Lord Of The Rings and I get to do what Andy Serkis (The actor who played Gollum) did.

Ampris

Slip slidin'
I agree, I really mad when Togepi went with Misty just because it saw her first:\

I have two more questions, if that's okay.

1. I'm probably looking way too far into this, but in the episode Xatu the Future Meowth angrily said that he "spoke pokemon, not flag", but in That's Just Swellow, he was clearly using semaphore (or what was supposed to be semaphore). Was there any explanation, or was it just an oversight by the writers?

2. Have you ever been in a fight with one of the other voice actors?

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
~Ampris~ said:
I agree, I really mad when Togepi went with Misty just because it saw her first:\

I have two more questions, if that's okay.

1. I'm probably looking way too far into this, but in the episode Xatu the Future Meowth angrily said that he "spoke pokemon, not flag", but in That's Just Swellow, he was clearly using semaphore (or what was supposed to be semaphore). Was there any explanation, or was it just an oversight by the writers?

2. Have you ever been in a fight with one of the other voice actors?

1) Maybe he felt stupid not knowing "flag" and learned it later --you know Meowth --he hates to feel stupid and he never gives up.

2) Never. I'm a lover not a fighter.

M

MacGyver

I've got one question. Since you dubbed the seizure inducing episode, is it true the episode with Dratini was dubbed as well, and just not aired to due to gunplay?

C

CosmoFC

maddiejoan said:
1) Kathy Borland does most of that herself --she's an excellent writer and knows how to write perfectly for the right lip flap. She's also hysterically funny.
I don't think Pokemon will be as well written in English without her.

Will Kathy be writing the new episodes with the new VA or did Pusa get someone else?

1) Do you watch the episode a couple of times with no sound before you attempt to match the voice flap? or just go in the studio and keep trying untill you get it right?

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
CosmoFC said:
Will Kathy be writing the new episodes with the new VA or did Pusa get someone else?

1) Do you watch the episode a couple of times with no sound before you attempt to match the voice flap? or just go in the studio and keep trying untill you get it right?

No she won't. Part of my misgivings about the situation is that the entire cast and crew have been replaced. That includes the head writer.

1) Nope. I go in cold :)

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
maddiejoan said:
Only if Meowth is CGI like Gollum in Lord Of The Rings and I get to do what Andy Serkis (The actor who played Gollum) did.

I guess that's a good response, although I've never seen the Lord of the Rings, so I'm not sure what Serkis did. (imagines a CGI Meowth slapping a CGI Garfield for eating all the food)

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
nice question, jolteonjak. I've got a couple other questions concerning the dub of the Porygon episode.

1) What was Professor Akihabara's English name?

2) Was Akihabara a character you voiced, by any chance?

3) I asked this earlier, but which voiced did 4kids use for Porygon? The original voice, or that voice we heard in a later "Who's That Pokemon?"... or maybe something else entirely?

Thriller

Its almost time
Haven't asked a question in awhile, maybe its because they were getting ignored...

1) Is there a reason Team Rocket rhymes so much?

TotodileCharizard

OmiGrovyle!!! It's so awesome to be asking a voice actor questions! Anyways, I'm sure my question is kinda stupid and pointless but.....

1. Do you see any of the other Pokemon actors? I mean like that play the Pokemon? Do you enjoy working with them, like since Meowth always translates for Jessie and James?

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
maddiejoan said:
I wanted to do young Solomon. The Producer didn't like the idea for some reason, I'd have done him in a similar voice to the one I used for Bruno from Pokemon.
I would have liked that.

Anyway, here's a couple more questions:

1. Where did you find out 4Kids was having auditions for Pokemon characters? I never seem to find out about that kinda thing; auditioning for VA roles or reality TV roles or just about anything else you can do on TV hardly ever pop up and smack you in the face, at least for me. :/

2. Do you have some sort of warm-up excersise for voice acting, especially for Meowth? If you do, what is it? Example: IIRC, I remember reading that Christopher Sabat used to say "Unbelievable!" in Vegeta's voice to warm up before performing Vegeta's lines.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Hello Maddie, pleased to meet you on the internet. Here are some things I'd like to know.

1. Do you get to meet the rest of the cast of dubbed pokemon anime? If so, who did you enjoy meeting? Has this developed any friendships?

2. Why are many of the male characters voiced by women? You, Veronica Taylor, etc

Kim and Kam Fan

Huge Anabel Fan
There was:
Advanced
Advanced Challenge
Advanced Battle

Do you know what the season 9,or should i say "Advanced" season name gonna be called?

ßubba

Oh yeah.
Hey maddie! I have a couple of questions!

1. Do you know any of the pokemon Team Rocket or any other cast member will catch in future episodes?

2. Do you have a secret crush on Wobufet?

~*Nobody*~

samonsterX
1. What is the most number of takes YOU have had to do because you were laughing or some other reason?

2. How many times has Meowth had to trueley sing something? (Besides the Team Rocket theme)

(If you ever come to Canada B.C is where I will be, PLEASE COME!)

Speaking of, did you or anyone else for the matter ever did outtakes. Like say something really funny for the voices ( that's not aired of course). Or was it "get the damn voice and acting right ASAP"?

I ask this cause, in many of Media Blasters' anime titles, they always have special outtakes where they make up goofy stuff and lines for characters for fun. Berserk is a notable one.

Wondering if 4Kids lets you guys have that same fun as well. If so, too bad they'll never have them on dvd as extras. :/

Brandon-kun

lalalalalalalalalala
I have a question!

1.) Why does Meowth say when he thinks about a plan. When he says "And the boss will say "Good job, Mewoth and friends.." etc. And Mewoth never includes James or Jessie? Sorry if this is asked before..

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I,m new on this forum, and it would take very long to
check all 38 threads in this topic to see if these questions
has been asked already so bear with me.

1. Are you going to do voices for other animes if Pokemon will keep using
the new voices? (Which i hope they wont)

2. Didnt you ever get tired of the TR motto? If you didnt, wouldnt you
like to have more then 1-2 sentences? :)

3. As a Meowth, wouldnt you like to have fought more in the anime? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.