• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Cianwood said:
Torchic23: Hmm, I guess I’m more resourceful than you, because I found a picture of much better quality. Just check out Maddie’s signature in her info.

Maddie, I have another question. Do you think Team Rocket will ever quit Team Rocket, or will they always be part of a criminal organization?

Cianwood

p.s. Maddie, make sure your signature is active when you make your next post. You might have it disabled.

I think Team Rocket will always be Team Rocket.

Yoshida Amane

SPPf's #2 Tracey Fan
^^ Welcome back, Maddie.

I love "Meowth Rules!" It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That golden statue is gorgey-ous. I want one like that of me.

Um, who wouldn't want to go with James? Best pick IMO! Go Meowth!

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
HoennMaster said:
No one shoot me if these have been asked.

1) Besides Meowth and Bill, what other characters or pokemon have/do you play?

2) Who did Meowth before you?

3) Besides you, Dan, Wayne, Amy, and Frank, who else is working on Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters and who do they voice?

1) Sabrina's Dad, Damien, Bruno, Seymour the Scientist, AJ --oh my way too many to list!

2) Matt Sussman

3) Pretty much the whole crew :)

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
mogoldmember said:
I want to ask about the background music for the show, since you've been there for nearly a decade and probably know how it works.

1. When the studio receives the original product, does it have all the original music intact and just gets filtered out based on what 4Kids wants to use instead for music, or do they receive it with only selected music intact and the crew just fills in music where there is none, or is it a combination of both?

2. Is it more cost effective for the studio to use their own music rather than import it from Japan along with the Anime?

I don't know --I just do funny voices :)

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
maddiejoan said:
1) Sabrina's Dad, Damien, Bruno, Seymour the Scientist, AJ --oh my way too many to list!

It must be great just doing voices. I mean, one day you are a skinny hyperactive scientist, the next day you're a big muscular dude- and you don't even have to worry about your hair those days. ^^

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Nathan Madien said:
It must be great just doing voices. I mean, one day you are a skinny hyperactive scientist, the next day you're a big muscular dude- and you don't even have to worry about your hair those days. ^^

It's my passion, Nathan :)

Yoshida Amane

SPPf's #2 Tracey Fan
If anyone remembers, I'm the aspiring...everything...

Maddie, what kind of auditions do you have to go through to get a job? I have an interest in the profession. I'm signed up to play Misty in the fandub thread...SILLY SLOW THREAD! %_%

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
I have a few questions, I copied this from the other thread:

Do you voice any of the characters in the Sonic the hedgehog games?

What was your reaction when you (if you are in the Sonic games) were hired to voice in the games?

Don't mind me asking this next one, but is there anyway to get the previous actors to voice the characters in the Sonic games again? This change has not only infuriated the fans worldwide (or at least here in North America), but hundreds or even thousands of fans are boycotting the games because of the change!

It's not that I'm mad at you or the other voice actors, I respect you and the others a whole lot, it's the people in charge of the whole change that I've lost virtually all my respect for!

If I may make a suggestion (which you'll probably think is stupid and mean!),

But what would happen if you and the other voice actors refused to voice the characters in the games, maybe Sega or 4kids (which ever made the change), will rehire the previous actors!

Like I said, it's not you guys I disrespect, it's Sega and the 4kids company I disrespect! I hope you take my suggestion as not an insult, but rather a way to help those actors who lost their jobs!:(

Besides, you guys are already voicing in Sonic X (although it may be cancelled as it's not in the fall lineup on 4kidsTV, and there's no news of a fourth season/series!).

Speaking of which, have you heard if there is a new season/series (which ever it referred as) is being made at all?

Sorry that these aren't about Pokemon, but it would mean a lot to me if you did answer these questions!

Shift

I'll learn you good!
maddiejoan said:
2) Matt Sussman
I have been trying to find out who it was forever! Alright, you've officially made my day! Now, I believe he was also the S.S. Anne captain, and he might have been Prof. Westwood, but do you know of any other work in other shows he's done?

Last edited:

shinou

Yoshi King
I got questions!!!!!!!

1. what show are you planning to do next?

2. Will you be a voice in the new show pretty cure? 4kids just acquired that.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Hero of legend said:
Do you voice any of the characters in the Sonic the hedgehog games?

I play the President.

Hero of legend said:
What was your reaction when you (if you are in the Sonic games) were hired to voice in the games?

Like any actor --happy to get a paying gig.

Hero of legend said:
Don't mind me asking this next one, but is there anyway to get the previous actors to voice the characters in the Sonic games again? This change has not only infuriated the fans worldwide (or at least here in North America), but hundreds or even thousands of fans are boycotting the games because of the change!

I have no clue what issues were at hand in Sega changing the actors, so I have no clue why this occurred.

Hero of legend said:
what would happen if you and the other voice actors refused to voice the characters in the games, maybe Sega or 4kids (which ever made the change), will rehire the previous actors!

More likely they would think I'm strange, and then hire new actors anyways.

Hero of legend said:
Like I said, it's not you guys I disrespect, it's Sega and the 4kids company I disrespect! I hope you take my suggestion as not an insult, but rather a way to help those actors who lost their jobs!:(

Voice actors are treated like red-headed step children in general. If you want to help us --continue writing companies about how important the actors on the games and shows are to you.

Thanks to organizations like SOVA, the word is finally starting to reach them. In the end it helps ALL actors to have fans write letters. In good times and bad times.

Hero of legend said:
Besides, you guys are already voicing in Sonic X (although it may be cancelled as it's not in the fall lineup on 4kidsTV, and there's no news of a fourth season/series!).

I've never been on the TV show. So --I dunno.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Shift said:
I have been trying to find out who it was forever! Alright, you've officially made my day! Now, I believe he was also the S.S. Anne captain, and he might have been Prof. Westwood, but do you know of any other work in other shows he's done?

quite right about the Captain and Westwood. I don't know the answer for the rest of your question.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
shinou said:
I got questions!!!!!!!

1. what show are you planning to do next?

2. Will you be a voice in the new show pretty cure? 4kids just acquired that.

1) I'll be playing Satorius (Saiou) on Yugi GX

2) Heh --you guys find out stuff quicker than I do.

maddiejoan said:
1) I'll be playing Satorius (Saiou) on Yugi GX
Oooh here's question based on Yu-Gi-Oh! I just thought of.

Do you have any favourite duels you've voiced a person in or read about or anything?

Though I have a pretty good guess at it.

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
I've one more question, a tad off topic, but still:

Is Tom Kenny the Vice President of 4kids?

I read that on the Wikipedia site, but I haven't seen this anywhere else, is this true?

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Torkoal Stu said:
Oooh here's question based on Yu-Gi-Oh! I just thought of.

Do you have any favourite duels you've voiced a person in or read about or anything?

Though I have a pretty good guess at it.

1) I very much enjoyed the few times I dueled as Grandpa versus Joey.

Grandpa was very funny to me.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Hero of legend said:
I've one more question, a tad off topic, but still:

Is Tom Kenny the Vice President of 4kids?

I read that on the Wikipedia site, but I haven't seen this anywhere else, is this true?

last I checked :)

Yoshida Amane

SPPf's #2 Tracey Fan
*angry* Tom Kenny? As in SPONGEBOB? SPYRO? He actually let PUSA have Pokemon? *growls and runs in circles*

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
maddiejoan said:
last I checked :)

So that's a yes?

What does he do exactly as Vice President? Is he responcible for the edits in the dubs of the Anime shows?

Also, you mean THE Tom Kenny, the voice of Spongebob?

Status
Not open for further replies.