• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Hi Maddie, I have a non-pokemon related question if that's ok.

Have you read any of the Harry Potter books and if so, then who is your favorite charater?

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
Maddie how come they just don't put the original cast back in their roles and get the new voice actors to do random Pokemon/people?

I mean you and the rest of the cast poured your hearts and souls into each and every word that came out of each of the characters mouthes.

I mean no one can replace what can't be replaced.

You and the rest of the cast are like the "souls" of each one of the characters you guys do. And with out you guys you might as well say the characters are "souless" with out you and the rest of the cast.

That's just one of the reasons I'm working hard to help SOVA to get you guys back. And I'll try my best to help out.

Best wishes and thanks for taking your time and reading this- Ash's Pika Pal

Last edited:

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Terra (Red) said:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EWV8U0NN

This is another japan Meowth song. Really really funny/cute and comes with a dancing wobbuffet! I just wanted to know what you thought of this. And was this ever dubbed? It's called "Polka O Dolka". =D

(Sorry if this is asking too much as well. ^.^;; )
They dubbed it for the 6th Pikachu movie short, retitled "Gotta Dance".

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Ash's Pika Pal said:
Maddie how come they just don't put the original cast back in their roles and get the new voice actors to do random Pokemon/people?

I mean you and the rest of the cast poured your hearts and souls into each and every word that came out of each of the characters mouthes.

I mean no one can replace what can't be replaced.

You and the rest of the cast are like the "souls" of each one of the characters you guys do. And with out you guys you might as well say the characters are "souless" with out you and the rest of the cast.

That's just one of the reasons I'm working hard to help SOVA to get you guys back. And I'll try my best to help out.

Best wishes and thanks for taking your time and reading this- Ash's Pika Pal

Ash's Pika Pal, I can sum up why the voice actors are being changed in one simple word: business. 4Kids made a business decision in not renewing their Pokemon license, and PUSA made a business decision in casting new voice actors. It may not be right, but that is how business works. Now that PUSA has the Pokemon license, they are pretty much free to do with the series what they wish, just as 4Kids before them did what they wanted with the series.

Last edited:

Takasu

Beginning Trainer
Hi, Maddie. It is such an honour to meet you. You are one of my idols, Meowth is my favorite cartoon character of all time, and one day, when I write a book, I'll name the main character after you.

Now, onto the questions:

1) In the song "Nobody Don't Like Christmas", Meowth declares that he doesn't like Christmas. Why is that?

2) In that same song, I found it humorous that he mentions Yom Kippur so lightly, as Yom Kippur is basically the holiday in the Jewish religion that decides who lives and who dies. After he sings the Yom Kippur phrase, he gives a small embarrased "heh", as if he is trying to hide something. Which leads to question number 2: Is Meowth Jewish, and if he is, what was he afraid of on that particular Yom Kippur?

3) In the episode "Go West, Young Meowth", when Meowth says "This sure ain't the place it used to be," he talks with a lisp if you listen carefully. Now, in that episode, there are countless other Hollywood homages. Am I going crazy, or was Meowth's lisp a tribute to the master, Humphery Bogart? Or was there no lisp at all?

Thank you, and keep on smiling.

ok just so you meowth is one of my fav characters. he's my dad's fav. so this is so cool. i have a question for you. if you had the chance to do the voice of meowth again but they paid you less (since this whole thing with the new VAs is just to save money) would you do it for the good of all pokemon fans?

Last edited:

Baby_Biyomon

cute little bird
Maddie non pokemon question

you watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children? I always imagined Cait Sith sounding like Meowth when I played FFVII

Hamstar

o snp.
Jirachi Chick :) said:
ok just so you meowth is one of my fav characters. he's my dad's fav. so this is so cool. i have a question for you. if you had the chance to do the voice of meowth again but they paid you less (since this whole thing with the new VAs is just to save money) would you do it for the good of all pokemon fans?

Holy cow, Jirachi Chick, you are gonna kill someone with that Magenta font @.@

Please change it?!

....oh.....and.....uhhh.... ^^;;

*walks away*

Captain Brain

Jirachi Chick :) said:

The original question
so why not contact PUSA and say you'll work for dirt cheap mone

This is a quote of Maddiejoan
Because I have a 20 pound grey tabby cat named Samwise that's eating me outta house and home
;025;

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
My friends have been naming their cats Meowth for the past 5 or 6 years.

They have 4 of them now, after 1 dying, so their cats' names are Meowth, Meowth II, Meowth III, Meowth IV, and Meowth V.

Insanity_X

This question was asked a little while back but it's a good one so here it is.

on a pokemon game if someone was to make a 'maddie meowth' what attacks should it have? (choises are here)

Shift

I'll learn you good!
shadysback321 said:
Out of,curiosity are you out of work?
No, Maddie is still working with 4Kids, including voicing the main villain in next season's Yugioh GX, Satorius.

Pure

back.
Maddie, another question (maybe this has been asked, sorry if it has, but this thread is 46 pages long)

Have you ever tried to do a Persian voice?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I've heard you're a real diehard shipper. If so, have you ever added in your own little shipping hint when dubbing? I mean one that wasn't in the original version?

Did you ever notice that in the first few series' they called you Addie Blaustien in the credits?

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
I love Meowth! He is my favourite character in the entire show! In my Blue version, I caught a meowth and trained it. I pretended it was the one you voice. But then the file got deleted. I turned the gameboy on and it said, "the saved file is corrupted" Possibly because of Missingno. I don't know. I also used to have a toy meowth that I took everywhere, that got lost:(. I've spent ages looking for another, without success.

Anyway, to avoid this being one of those long posts that takes up 40 pages, and five hours to read, I shall get down to business. have many questions, but for the time being, I shall limit myself to two.

1) Did you voice Anthony, the Hitmonchan trainer from "The Punchy Pokemon"? That sounds like a random question, but my name's Anthony, and it would be cool to know you had voiced a character with my name.

2) Is it true that 4 kids actually dubbed The Legend of Dratini? And if so, What was it called in the U.S.?

;052;

Last edited:
Maddie 2 questions I wanted to ask:

First let me just say that your rendition of Meowth is great...I quite like the accient as it fits a wise cracking cat. Perfection.

Big suggest and can you please ask someone in 4Kids if this is possible:

RELEASE Season one as a boxset on DVD. That is the only series of Pokemon I highly enjoyed before it was dumbed down beyond belief. I loved Michael H's adaption and just everything about the production of the season one dub. With that saying if they do rerelease can you ask them if you can rerecord over the other Meowth so we have consistancy throughout the whole season one? Also ask if James can record over that awful rendition of James Ted Lewis did.

Also can you ask Eric Stuart to make James sound like he did in the first season...I really don't like how he makes James sound now...it's a whole different James. The first season was calm and collected with AT TIMES the femine high squeels...now he's just all over the place with the high pitched voice.

Thanks Maddie
love to see if season one gets re-released in box form as that's what we are dieing for and for you to record over that god awful first meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.