1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are to experience downtime on Monday September 21st to bring the forums up to the latest version of the software. As this is a big forum, it'll take multiple hours to transfer and then rebuild the styles. We apologise for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you'll still be able to chat in the Serebii Discord
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ampris

Ampris Slip slidin'

I have another question: do you think you look like Edna Mode from The Incredibles?
    I went on Google and found these pictures

Maddie
    [img200]http://www.trannyroadshow.org/th_maddie.jpg[/img200]

Edna
    [img200]http://mocoloco.com/art/archives/edna_mode_head_feb_05.jpg[/IMG200]

I think you do.

2. maddiejoan

maddiejoan Rising Trainer

OMG! I totally DO!!!!! hahahahahahahaha.

Thankyou so much for bringing me that smile :)

I'll try to answer more questions tonight, but no promises.

3. Cerberus

Cerberus One Love

What is your favourite aspect of Meowth and his personality?

Thank you.

4. ~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~ The epitome of grace

What was it like working with the other voice actors, especially the other Team Rocket voices?

Thanks for coming to Serebiiforums, by the way :)

5. Spirit_of_Auron

Spirit_of_Auron Water Pokemon Lover

Man, have I loved it since you first took over the voice of Meowth, Anyways, I only have one question, that's been bugging me since the episode where ash gains a badge from Norman.

Was norman voiced by a person who also did the Yugioh series. I have a habit of comparing voices for dubs and such, and it seemed to sound very simular to me.

6. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

Hi Maddie..glad you are doing this for us..and I hope we don't scare you off

But I have a question.... What was your favorite Boss fantasy? *Meowth doing the boss* Meowth and his friends diserve a promotion!

and two,.. what was the date when recording the last 4 kids dubbed episode? I've always been curious about how long it takes from recurding, to when the episode airs.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  7. Haruka's Swimsuit

Haruka's Swimsuit Bomberhead 18-kin!

I have a question regarding your voicework.
    I've noticed that TAJ voiceactors tend to somewhat heavily use accents for characters. I was wondering, what other accents are you capable of imitating and did you (or your director) consider any other accents before deciding on the Brooklyn/New York accent you used for Meowth?

8. Atari

Atari Did it on 'em

Yip, I'd like to ask the same question. Oh yeah, and another --

1. What was your favorite scene involving any of Team Rockets contraptions? I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, I'll double check just in case.

Thanks again for coming here to answer our questions. It was really great of to. :p Bye Meowth!

PS - I've been watching the anime for such a long time; it's a real opportunity to ask you something about it.

9. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Miss Blaustein...I have a question to ask you:

What is your favorite Meowth-centered episode of Pokemon?

10. CoolTrainerTerry

CoolTrainerTerry Rising Trainer

1) What other character(s) would you like to voice or would of liked to voice?

AND

2) Why?

11. redran3

redran3 Guest

ms maddie nice to finally chat with one oif the va's.. I totaly love it when team rocket does the crazy stuff espacially when they blast off. every time meowth saays soemthing cornyat the end where team rocket uusualy says they're motto my verisonwhen i sing it is "team rockect's balssting off again" every time or jsut alter it when they falloff a balloon or other things. but to my question. If ever down the road meowth ever evolves from the team rocket gang wellif they ever doo wold meowths voice stay the sam e or would it change imean it would be intereting to see a talking pesian if that happened. lvoe always big fan. redran the jackass

12. Manene!

Manene! Well-Known Member

Thank you for answering our questions. It's really nice of you! :)

1) What are your opinions on the newly announced Pokemon, such as: Manene, Manyula, Perappu? Do you know of them? Have you seen other unannounced Pokemon, yet?

2) What was the thought behind them changing, pretty much everything, this late in the series?

Thanks and I hope you stick around!

13. Ninetalesuk

Ninetalesuk Cascade Trainer

I'm actually gonna ask a question to a Pokemon VA... One of the originals anyway. Curse you, PokemonUSA for doing this! Curse you... That didn't sound right... oh well.

The NewBrock said that the reason you guys aren't playing in their new Pokemon episodes is because you are signed with 4Kids. That I don't believe because I saw the new cast list and I saw four of 'em are also in 4Kids. If they can work in the new dubbing, why can't you?! Yep... PokemonUSA's way of saving money... twits...

And I know a friend whom didn't like the sound of the news but, didn't send an e-mail to PokemonUSA because he thinks that they won't notice the difference on voice acting. After Saturday, he found it horrible and sent an e-mail... cursing PokemonUSA for this foolish move...

*Blinks* Oh right... the questions...

Maddie, apart from Meowth... what other Pokemon characters have you voiced? I've noticed you also voiced Solomon Muto from dub Yu-Gi-Oh.

Out of the Pokemon films that has been dubbed by 4Kids, which one is your most favourite?

14. RaikousThunder

RaikousThunder Poison Tail!!

I should have been more eager to ask questions earlier considering you are a voice actor. I really want to get into voice acting and becoming an anime artist. I do enjoy your Meowth, such an interesting voice. So my question is kinda non pokemon related.

1) To become a voice actor what is the best way to get into that profession? Like what are the kinds of things you need to do?

2) Can you recommend anything for me? Id really love to be a voice actor.

15. Wow, Too cool, its Mewoth! Kinda...

Now, A couple of questions.

1) What do you think of all of Meowths...ideas for what the Boss could do with the pokemon they steal?

2) And what was your favorite movie to do?
    ;151;

16. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

These questions have pretty much been asked :p

17. Do you think Meowth and team rocket blast off to much? I mean some episodes they blast off 2 or 3 times and some times its for no reason at all, and sometimes they get blasted off before they can even do anything.

18. Yuugis Black Magician

Yuugis Black Magician Namaikina Imouto

Miss Maddie, wow it sucks for you and the other guys, getting shafted and all. The dope in charge of PUSA needs a kick to the head...

I really don't have any questions, just want to say good work these past eight years. And guess what, I think you'll be called up to play Sugoroku Mutou/Grandpa in an episode of YGO GX coming in this second season.

Tell the gang next time you see 'em good luck!!

19. Locke Yggdrasill

Locke Yggdrasill Eustis on reddit

Wow. A voice actor. And, one of the *original* ones. That's quite an accomplishment, whoever set this up.
    Salutations, Maddie Blaustein. But, greetings aside, I have a question to ask you, that's basically been the one question that I'd have to ask a voice actor. Does the voice that you use to create the character of "Meowth" sound anything like the voice that you use, in real life? If so, how much so?

20. Ryusuke Hikari

Ryusuke Hikari Rurouni Kenshin

Holy heaven. o_o We actually get to talk to a voice actor from an anime series!? COOL! :D I feel like a 8 year old again. lol

Alright, onto the questions...

I dunno if this has been asked before, but how does dubbing anime work? You know...all the stuff you have to put so that the episode "works."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.