• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Cerberus said:
What is your favourite aspect of Meowth and his personality?

Thank you.

His sweetness and sensitivity.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
CoolTrainerTerry said:
1) What other character(s) would you like to voice or would of liked to voice?

AND

2) Why?

I would have loved to have been James --but Eric is so good at it --I'm glad it was him and not me. But I'm a Bishu at heart :)

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
RaikousThunder said:
I should have been more eager to ask questions earlier considering you are a voice actor. I really want to get into voice acting and becoming an anime artist. I do enjoy your Meowth, such an interesting voice. So my question is kinda non pokemon related.

1) To become a voice actor what is the best way to get into that profession? Like what are the kinds of things you need to do?

2) Can you recommend anything for me? Id really love to be a voice actor.

Practice Practice Practice! And have fun with it!

When I was a kid I taught myself to do every single Mel Blanc voice I could. I had wanted to be a voice actor since I was very little kid.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill said:
Wow. A voice actor. And, one of the *original* ones. That's quite an accomplishment, whoever set this up.
Salutations, Maddie Blaustein. But, greetings aside, I have a question to ask you, that's basically been the one question that I'd have to ask a voice actor. Does the voice that you use to create the character of "Meowth" sound anything like the voice that you use, in real life? If so, how much so?

I sound very similar to Meowth in real life --except I don't scream as much.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
PDL said:
I don't see why you people are going crazy over Maddie or any one who worked on the show posting on this website, it's not entirely unheard of. I remember Milk Pollock posting here a few years back.

Mike's a very nice guy...but I'm so very much cuter. Thats why!

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Jesus Freak Nor said:
I sent emails to those people too. I am looking forward to the 8th movie.

Question: I don't know if this has been asked, but; What was your first response when you were asked to be Meowth, 8 years ago?

I was ecstatic! Wouldnt you be?

pharaohguy530

The one and only.
lol.
I have another question for you.
Have you ever met anyone that reflects meowth, or do you just reflect meowth?
If I worded wrong, then I'll reword it.
Thanks!

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
pharaohguy530 said:
lol.
I have another question for you.
Have you ever met anyone that reflects meowth, or do you just reflect meowth?
If I worded wrong, then I'll reword it.
Thanks!

Only my cat --His name is Samwise --and I swear he's Meowth, maybe even more than I am.

pharaohguy530

The one and only.
Except he doesn't talk....I hope.....I'm glad that you got to be here today! Its the first time I have been able to talk to someone from the pokemon cast!
I have no more Meowth questions, but one sppf question.
Are you going to be on the forums somedays? Or just today?

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
pharaohguy530 said:
Except he doesn't talk....I hope.....I'm glad that you got to be here today! Its the first time I have been able to talk to someone from the pokemon cast!
I have no more Meowth questions, but one sppf question.
Are you going to be on the forums somedays? Or just today?

I'll pop in and out, I'm a busy lady! I'm doing this now as a way to thank you guys for your kind words about my Meowthing.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
maddiejoan said:
Did you guys know I was the bulk of the voices on Kirby? Betcha didn't!
Oh wow!

I didn't know that you had played so many characters for Kirby: Right Back At Ya!

I mean, I could tell pretty much that you did the voice of Chef Kawasaki, but other than that, wow. I had no idea that you actually played a bunce of characters for the show! That's awesome! So, which other characters did you do the voice for on the show? Did you do the Mailman, I wonder? OMG, did you do King De De De? It would be so cool, if you did! Or no, I'm probably wrong about that, but did you do Escargoon's voice, by any chance?

Anyway, I love Kirby: Right Back At Ya! I wish they were still airing it (I have no idea why 4KidsTV took off the show, do you know why?).

And by the way, hi maddiejoan, I forgot to introduce myself to you properly. Hi! My name is Lisa. It is such an honor to actually meet you on here, Maddie. :)

As you can probably tell, I am a HUGE fan of the dub version of Pokemon! And although Ash has always been my favorite character on Pokemon, of course, I think Meowth would actually be my second favorite character. And with that said, I loved all your great work as Meowth! I love his accent! He is so funny, and just about all of his lines crack me up! XD

I always love the scenes where Meowth acts as a translator for everyone, and he interprets Pokemon Language. I bet you enjoy doing those scenes, huh? Those scense are always great! ^^

I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but what are your thoughts on the new Team Rocket motto? Are you glad that Meowth seemed to have a bigger part in this one? ^_^

And also, some of my favorite Meowth lines were from the episode "Hocus Pokemon". I must mention that I LOVE that episode, by the way, because it's the completely off-the-wall and hilarious episode where Ash gets turned into a Pikachu. LOL. XD

Meowth (to James): "You're about as funny as a squirt-less Squirtle!"

Meowth (when Jessie's about to hit the Aipom with her fist): "No tears for fears!

Oh yeah, and one more thing, another favorite episode of mine was "A Scare To Remember", when Pikachu got amnesia, and Meowth tried to give Pikachu a 'new' memory. XD I don't remember any exact quotes from the episode, but it was so hilarious how Pikachu acted so differently around Meowth like that. ^^

And, finally, I have one more question for you, which was your favorite Meowth Boss Fantasy that you've done so far? You know, the scenes where he starts off by saying something like, "Imagine da boss wakin' up one mornin' "? Those are so funny! I love those hilarious scenes! XD

Last edited:

Jesus Freak Nor

Proud Jesus Freak
maddiejoan said:
I was ecstatic! Wouldnt you be?

Oh ya, in a heartbeat. I have always wanted to be a voice actor, just when ever I make a voice; I can never match it again, PERFECTLY. Well, as you said earliar. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Question: Is Meowth your favorite Pokemon, if not, then who is?

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Oh wow!

I didn't know that you had played so many characters for Kirby: Right Back At Ya!

I mean, I could tell pretty much that you did the voice of Chef Kawasaki, but other than that, wow. I had no idea that you actually played a bunce of characters for the show! That's awesome! So, which other characters did you do the voice for on the show? Did you do the Mailman, I wonder? OMG, did you do King De De De? It would be so cool, if you did! Or no, I'm probably wrong about that, but did you do Escargoon's voice, by any chance?

Anyway, I love Kirby: Right Back At Ya! I wish they were still airing it (I have no idea why 4KidsTV took off the show, do you know why?).

And by the way, hi maddiejoan, I forgot to introduce myself to you properly. Hi! My name is Lisa. It is such an honor to actually meet you on here, Maddie. :)

As you can probably tell, I am a HUGE fan of the dub version of Pokemon! And although Ash has always been my favorite character on Pokemon, of course, I think Meowth would actually be my second favorite character. And with that said, I loved all your great work as Meowth! I love his accent! He is so funny, and just about all of his lines crack me up! XD

I always love the scenes where Meowth acts as a translator for everyone, and he interprets Pokemon Language. I bet you enjoy doing those scenes, huh? Those scense are always great! ^^

I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but what are your thoughts on the new Team Rocket motto? Are you glad that Meowth seemed to have a bigger part in this one? ^_^

And also, some of my favorite Meowth lines were from the episode "Hocus Pokemon". I must mention that I LOVE that episode, by the way, because it's the completely off-the-wall and hilarious episode where Ash gets turned into a Pikachu. LOL. XD

Meowth (to James): "You're about as funny as a squirt-less Squirtle!"

Meowth (when Jessie's about to hit the Aipom with her fist): "No tears for fears!

Oh yeah, and one more thing, another favorite episode of mine was "A Scare To Remember", when Pikachu got amnesia, and Meowth tried to give Pikachu a 'new' memory. XD I don't remember any exact quotes from the episode, but it was so hilarious how Pikachu acted so differently around Meowth like that. ^^

And, finally, I have one more question for you, which was your favorite Meowth Boss Fantasy that you've done so far? You know, the scenes where he starts off by saying something like, "Imagine da boss wakin' up one mornin' "? Those are so funny! I love those hilarious scenes! XD

On Kirby I was Kawasaki, Tuggle, Mehlman, Waddle-doo, Biblio, and bunches of minor characters I cant recall the names of at the moment.

We had to stop the show --we ran out of cartoons to dub :)

I get a kick out of all the Boss Fantasys --I can't stop laughing when I have to imitate the boss as Meowt. Never gets old.

Wow! First I'd like to formally thank you for answering all of these questions Ms. Blaustein. Meowth is my favorite character on the show so this is very exciting.

1) Do you support Meowth and Skitty as a shipping?

2) Do you think TR will have a happy ending?

Edit: Yay Thunder Trainer!

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Master Bayleef said:
Wow! First I'd like to formally thank you for answering all of these questions Ms. Blaustein. Meowth is my favorite character on the show so this is very exciting.

1) Do you support Meowth and Skitty as a shipping?

2) Do you think TR will have a happy ending?

Edit: Yay Thunder Trainer!

1) I'm a strong supporter of Meowth/Skitty shipping

2) I think TR is already happy and they dont know it yet.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
maddiejoan said:
On Kirby I was Kawasaki, Tuggle, Mehlman, Waddle-doo, Biblio, and bunches of minor characters I cant recall the names of at the moment.

We had to stop the show --we ran out of cartoons to dub :)

I get a kick out of all the Boss Fantasys --I can't stop laughing when I have to imitate the boss as Meowt. Never gets old.
Oh, you were Waddle-doo! That's interesting. ^_^

Heh, I figured you were the Mehlman, lol. XD And it's been so long since I've seen Kirby that I forgot who Tuggle and Biblio were...... *needs to get some Kirby DVDs* ^^

Oh, you had to stop the show, cause you ran out of episodes to dub.

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess they must've stopped airing it in Japan or something (which was a real shame, since Kirby was a very good show, I loved watching it).

Oh that reminds me! I love the Boss Fantasy in "Let Bagons Be Bagons"! It's the one where Meowth imagines the boss (Giovanni) using Bagon to open a coconut for him. And there's a second Boss Fantasy in that episode, actually, when Meowth imagines that the boss would like to start a new Team Rocket base in 'da Hoenn Region, and then he 'remember's the Bagon he received. XD

Did you remember doing those fantasies? ^^

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Considerate of you to drop by, considering how tense things have been lately regarding the dub's transitions.

1. Why are some objects in the series that are considered too "foreign" for American viewers digitally altered (such as rice balls into sandwiches and crackers) while others are left completely alone? This is primarily referring to the most recent season, where the edits were incredibly inconsistant. This inconsistancy has confused many people, so is there any reasoning behind leaving some objects alone, but tweaking others?

2. A bit of a silly question, but do you identify with Meowth's hatred of Persians? Do you blame him for his hatred?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
1. Have you checked our our anime picture caption thread yet?

2. Are you a hockey fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.