• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
whoa!!!!! THIS IS BIG!!!!! AND IT's HAPPENING NOW!!!

My own sources are telling me that right now TODAY!!!!...., Negotiations between CN and PUSA are underway.

That means there is no time to lose!

Please, if the old cast means anything to you write to these e-mail addresses PRONTO!
I am convinced if the two guys below are flooded with e-mail from fans who want the old cast back that the impossible can happen and the old cast will be restored!!

Contact Mark.Norman@turner.com and Bob.Higgins@turner.com immediately.

No really stop reading the forums and do it now!

Wow! Maddie Blaustein is here! I'm honored! Okay, I have two questions for you:

Q#1: Why are you sometimes credited as Adam Blaustein?

Q#2: If you could bring one of your old characters back to the show, which would it be?

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to answer our questions.

Edit: I just saw the links you posted, and now those people have two new e-mails from this little upset elf.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
Great News X 2!

#1) Did you voice Meowth in Boots

#2) Yeah, this is common knowledge but I don't check for who-voiced-who? Didn't you voice Max or am I just thinking that?

I'll look into mailing the Yahoo's later. Its my lunch break.

Oh and keep in mind they will probably just ignore any "Lolz Bring bak teh ole Va'z!" Give good reasons to keep them on the show like "Veronica Taylors May matches well with her character"

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
O_______________O

This. Is. So. Cool.

Woah, you're from Brooklyn? o_O I'm in Long Island! XD cool cool.

I just have one simple question:

- If you would choose any other character but Meowth to play his/her voice, who would it be? (Characters or Pokemon, doesn't matter)

This is just too cool O_____O

*Drunkrabbitdance*

lol, don't ask about the Drunkrabbitdance. Something I made up :p

~Timid Kyogre

PDL

disenchanted
well, I do have a few questions I've been meaning to ask for a while, but never really had the chance to. Although this has little to do with the whole PUSA voice actors fiasco...

How exactly does someone break into the voice acting business? when did you get your big break? and who was the very first character you did voice work for?

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Don Vito said:
Oh and keep in mind they will probably just ignore any "Lolz Bring bak teh ole Va'z!" Give good reasons to keep them on the show like "Veronica Taylors May matches well with her character"

Absolutely!!! write something along these lines but in your own words...

"I understand that Cartoon Network is negotiating to acquire the rights to Pokémon. If it’s not too late, please make sure that Pokémon USA does not sell you an inferior product.

This past weekend Kids WB! aired a Pokémon TV special that was NOT produced by 4Kids Productions. The show was amateurish and embarrassing. Voices were terrible. Acting was horrible. The writing was extremely bad. The music was inappropriate and the sound mix was painful. It seemed like children and non-professionals were producing the show.

Fans want the “authentic” Pokémon experience, not a cheap imitation. If you acquire the series from Pokémon Company and they do not continue to use 4Kids to produce the series - -you will be buying a series that will rate poorly and destroy the franchise.

Don’t waste your money. Make sure you get the real deal and not an inferior, poorly produced, embarrassing imitation. Make sure that 4Kids Productions is the production entity for the new Pokémon episodes."

Alopec

Still Dreaming...
I'm going to go send them right away - but I'm not exactly sure what to tell them. I'm a little nervous because I've never done something like this before, but I know it's extremely important because it'd mean the world to me (and many other fans) if the old voices were brought back.

Sorry for going off-topic, but I couldn't think of any questions and I just wanted to let you know that I will be helping too! Maybe that message should be posted elsewhere so more fans will notice it...

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Can someone quickly tell me what is CN and what the negotiations are about? (question to anyone really).

Edit: Oh, Cartoon Network. And I'm guessing the negotiations are about moving the series to there? Are we just sending them an email requesting the old cast to voice it?

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The anime will always be produced by PokemonUSA now, but I'm definitely writing about the voice cast.

I sent off two already Alopec, it's nothing major at all.

EDIT: CN is Cartoon Network!

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
CyberCubed said:
The anime will always be produced by PokemonUSA now, but I'm definitely writing about the voice cast.

I sent off two already Alopec, it's nothing major at all.

EDIT: CN is Cartoon Network!

It's never been produced by PUSA --PUSA owns the rights to it, but it is produced right now at a rinky dink studio. The reason that PUSA isn't using 4Kids is about a ridiculously low sum of money that PUSA refused to budge on. Instead they are using cheap studios, cheap voice talent, cheap engineers, cheap everything.

What could happen is that PUSA will decide to let 4Kids produce it again, as they have done for 8 years.

Seriously folks --IT CAN HAPPEN! Don't let PUSA sell you a cheap copy of Pokemon.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
skarmachild said:
Can someone quickly tell me what is CN and what the negotiations are about? (question to anyone really).

Edit: Oh, Cartoon Network. And I'm guessing the negotiations are about moving the series to there? Are we just sending them an email requesting the old cast to voice it?

You're telling them about PUSA trying to hoodwink them by selling them a cheap knock off.

KidsWB refused it because it's inferior. Tell CN that if they want Pokemon to be sure PUSA restores the cast and crew or they'll be buying a fake.

Alopec

Still Dreaming...
Okay. Thanks for all the info. I'm typing an e-mail up right now.

I really hope these people actually do check their e-mails and care about the fans' input.

PDL

disenchanted
about the series' music, one of the biggest issues I had with the way 4kids dubbed things was that they would completely gut the music score and replace it with sub-par music that was usually unnecessary at best, and a real mood-killer at worst.

the few things I did like about the special was that the music score had peices which are almost never heard in the 4kids dub.

is it possible to have the 4kids VAs plus the Japanese music or is this an all or nothing situation?

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Yeh the music was one of the good points in the special. All in all, it seems the 10th Anniversary of Pokémon isn't going as well as it planned ey.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
Umm, Maddie, all we want is the old voices back. When it was announced that PUSA is taking the show away from 4Kids we were all overjoyed. However there was still the mystery of the voice actors which we didn't want replaced (Except for Lisa Ortiz doing the voice for every filler woman and all little kids to have Ritchies voice). What it meant (PUSA taking over) was that original music might be left in, there would be no useless editing and the show would be more like the original.

The point is, we don't want 4Kids to dub it, all we want are the voices for the main characters. Its possible isn't it?

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Looks like we're getting the start of something, guys. Rally together and save the show. Worked for Star Trek. Not so much, Enterprise though. But, if you got time, Maddie I do have a couple questions. I know we got these new events occuring. But, I just thought I'd pop in again and ask two new questions.

1.) Ever play the Nintendo games and trained a Meowth? Migh have been too busy but I thought I'd ask.

2.) Ever ad-lib Meowth's wisecracks? I've noticed many lines in the show that Meowth says that would appeal to older audiences. Some of the wisecracks lately have been pretty funny.

Now then, let's e-mail people politely and give them a piece of your mind. Politely that is. That means no hitting below the belt.

LX, out.

P.S. Yeah, the twirps are the baddies. I mean, you uys in TR mind your business and suddenly you're defying gravity.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Don Vito said:
Umm, Maddie, all we want is the old voices back. When it was announced that PUSA is taking the show away from 4Kids we were all overjoyed. However there was still the mystery of the voice actors which we didn't want replaced (Except for Lisa Ortiz doing the voice for every filler woman and all little kids to have Ritchies voice). What it meant (PUSA taking over) was that original music might be left in, there would be no useless editing and the show would be more like the original.

The point is, we don't want 4Kids to dub it, all we want are the voices for the main characters. Its possible isn't it?

You're under the impression that PUSA has a production facility. They don't.
They have handed the show over to a cheap studio to hack out episodes of Pokemon because they think you guys can't tell the difference.

PUSA always had a say in how Pokemon was produced --now they have taken the production of the show from 4Kids studios to a whole in the wall facility that produces crap like the 1oth anniversary special you saw.

Why did PUSA pull the show from 4Kids? Money. That's the only reason.

Starmie

Are you sure this is going to work? i got this reply from the Bob Higgins address.

Hi,
I will be out of the office until Friday, May 5th and checking e-mails sporadically. I'll get back with you as soon as I can. If you need to talk to someone immediately, please contact Brian Jones at 404-575-5662 or brian.jones@turner.com

Thanks!
Bob
Thanks for the info. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.