• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Hi, Maddie! I've got a few little questions:

1. Do you remember any outtakes/bloopers from recording? If you do, what happened?

2. How exactly do you "get into character" as Meowth?

3. Out of all the international Meowths you've heard, which is your favorite?

Thanks for answering.

PS: I love imitating Meowth's speech style when he appears in my own fanfiction...it's fun to turn all the th's into d's and r's into oi's!

Okay, I have another question.

Q: Did you do the original voice of Meowth? His voice sounded different in the first few episodes, so I'm led to believe someone else voiced him. If I'm correct, what happened to the guy that was the first voice?

Chris

Old Coot
Fez the Mysfit Elf said:
Okay, I have another question.

Q: Did you do the original voice of Meowth? His voice sounded different in the first few episodes, so I'm led to believe someone else voiced him. If I'm correct, what happened to the guy that was the first voice?
Maddie did not. She stated in another section that she joined as Meowth in episode 29 because the last one had walked out.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
My two cents:

1.) I'm a strong supporter of the Japanese version of the "Pokémon" anime, and I've grown rather disappointed to see less and less of that distinctive Japanese culture that made the first year so memorable. What's your opinion on this? Do you think the anime sort of "lost its edge" in the Westernization process?

2.) I've come up with many ideas for a sort of spin-off of the "Pokémon" anime that's set seven years from now, with older versions of the characters and more complex and sophisticated storylines. My vision was to keep the same voice actors in both the Japanese and American versions of this more mature version, and I was just wondering - what do you think of the concept of re-imagining the anime for an older audience? Could it work while still maintaining the spirit that made it catch on in the first place?

Thank you!

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
I have another question for you, Miss Blaustein:

After doing Meowth's voice for all of this time, do you view Meowth as a static (meaning Meowth has been the same since day one) or a dynamic (meaning Meowth's personality and mindset has shifted or changed over the years) character?

Edward Elric said:
Maddie did not. She stated in another section that she joined as Meowth in episode 29 because the last one had walked out.

Oh. Thanks Edward Elric. Okay, I have another question for Maddie:

Q: Have you ever met someone extremely famous because of your role on Pokemon? If so, who would you say the most famous person you've met is (or, the person you were most excited about meeting).

Last edited:
V

VulpixTrainer

Ms. Maddie...

First off, it is an honor to type a question to you, I have followed Pokemon since, I think halfway through the first session, and well, I would like to ask a question.

1) What is your favorite Meowth catch prhase?

2) What has been your favorite Movie that you worked on?

I hope you have a good rest of the day.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
-Why was Hun feminized in the dub of Legend of Thunder? For that matter, what was with the lack of continuity regarding Eusine and Jackson? (if you don't remember, they were given new names and new voices, despite having appeared before in the show)

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Hmm, a quick question. I remember putting the commentary on for Pokemon 4ever and I remember the VA for Meowth being a guy. Or at least I'm sure it sounded like a guy..

And Maddie, go easy on NewBrock, he does have valid points. You were criticizing the way PUSA handled it (which was fine), now your just going all-out blatently bashing on at the new VA's specifically, and how they handled it. Understand it isn't the new VA's problem, sure they have their ups and downs, but so did the old ones. And it wasn't their fault that they 'replaced' the old VA's.

Last edited:

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
skarmachild said:
Hmm, a quick question. I remember putting the commentary on for Pokemon 4ever and I remember the VA for Meowth being a guy. Or at least I'm sure it sounded like a guy..

And Maddie, go easy on NewBrock, he does have valid points. You were criticizing the way PUSA handled it (which was fine), now your just going all-out blatently bashing on at the new VA's specifically, and how they handled it. Understand it isn't the new VA's problem, sure they have their ups and downs, but so did the old ones. And it wasn't their fault that they 'replaced' the old VA's.

1) I have a deep voice. So does my Mom and my twin sister -- also ans many people are probably aware --I'm transgendered.

2) NewBrock wasn't among the ones I'm criticizing.

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
Hi Maddie, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer all the fan's questions!:)

I have two questions:

1) You said you didn't like the music in the 10th anniversary special, why exactly?

2) What did you really think of the way the new voice actor voiced Meowth, and do you know him/her (I forget) personally?

Good luck, I hope you have a wonderful future!:)

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Hero of legend said:
Hi Maddie, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer all the fan's questions!:)

I have two questions:

1) You said you didn't like the music in the 10th anniversary special, why exactly?

2) What did you really think of the way the new voice actor voiced Meowth, and do you know him/her (I forget) personally?

Good luck, I hope you have a wonderful future!:)

1) I liked the music --I didn't think it was placed appropriately. On it's own the music was fine --the production was poor and the sound editing as well.

2) I thought the new Meowth was okay at doing an imitation of me..and yes I know who did the voice. But I won't say.

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
I just wondered, What do you hope that the future holds for your character Meowth and his Friends Jessie and James?

RandomCharizard

Ooh,I have a question :O!

Maddie, do you ever visit IRC Chat rooms? It would be cool for you to visit the Serebii Chatroom.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
RandomCharizard said:
Ooh,I have a question :O!

Maddie, do you ever visit IRC Chat rooms? It would be cool for you to visit the Serebii Chatroom.

maybe one day --but I need to take a long break from discussing Pokemon right now.

This whole business of the new dub has apparently stressed me out more than I thought it would.

Sorry to anyone I haven't answered yet --I'll try and come back in a few days maybe and answer the ones leftover.

Blaustein Off Again,

Maddie

Wes

Iblis Wings
Questions for Maddie please!

1-Um would you have liked to dub the show if they ever made the next part of the anime to be based on...the Colosseum or XD game for the Gamecube with the Cipher Shadow Pokemon plot instead of the classic gym learders and elite battle plot instead?

2-Made any friends while dubbing?

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Well... Just in case you come back... I got two questions... One Pokemon related, one not.

1) If you do play the games, do you use Meowth as one of your Pokemon?

2) This is One Piece related. Do you voice "Dr. Kureha"? It sounds like you...

Status
Not open for further replies.