• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CosmoFC

1)Is it hard syncing with the voice flap? (is that the correct word)

2) What was the first VA job you did? that hit the screens

3) How do you go around becoming a Voice Actor?

H

Haruka_The_BlackCat

Hello to all,and Maddie of course.

The first I must do is introduce myself because I´m new here, but I haven´t got enough time because I´m a bit busy so I´ll try to be short.

I´m the president of the Fan Club of Meowth on the DeviantArt site (If somebody visit Deviantart and likes Meowth, come to the club, we are 42 members right now -> http://clubmeowthtr.deviantart.com)

I´m from Spain, and although here the dub of Pokemon is another and the change of voices doesn´t affect us, I sent a mail asking that they shouldn´t change that marvellous voices, because besides the Spanish dub, I really like the English and Japanese dubs. I couldn´t keep quiet, I can´t consent that new voice for Meowth (it´s my favourite character, as you can see), Maddie do it better.

Isn´t just for me, I´m talking in name of a lot of people that although being from another countries are agree with me, and as fan of Meowth, I´d to say all this in the forum and I hope you, Maddie, read it.

I wish ask you something else, but now I´m so nervous and I don´t what I can ask you…. And I don´t want that all this I´m writing will be unuseful, so I want to give you this Meowth picture I´ve done for you, and I hope you really like it. -> http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33602921/

And I´m thinking about something, It´s just a question, and a bit simple, but I´ve curiosity…
If someday Meowth find a… “Meowth-girl”, what do you thing he´ll do?
If you remember Harley (the guy that hates May), you can imagine it, he wears a cosplay of Cacturne or something like this, now imagine a girl that loves Pokemon cats but cosplayed some way that seems like Meowth and her favourite pokemon´ll be Meowth. What do you thing Meowth will do if he find a girl like her? I can imagine it but I´ve curiosity about your opinion.

I don´t know what to say, I´ll say goodbye for now, I´ll come back if I want to ask you something else, ah, and I´m not as “formal” as I´m being now, I´m only want to be correct expressing myself.I hope nobody thing i´m creeping to you, all I said it´s true, ALL, I´m sincere, not creepy.

Hugs and kisses, keep being as nice as you are Maddie
Matta nya!

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
maddiejoan said:
Dunno. But I'd like you better if you had me listed as Maddie instead of Addie.

OK. I went and fixed the pages I could think of where you'd be listed as "Addie" (which I think is what some site like Voice Chasers had you listed as), but if I missed any, I apologize.

Hi Maddie!

I wanted to ask a question that I have in mind (I don't know if it was asked but...):

What pokemon would you like Meowth to have if he was able to catch one?

Thanks! And I hope you get to voice Meowth in the future!

Baby_Biyomon

cute little bird
Here's another question Maddie :)

between these two felines which would Meowth be more in love with, Meowzy or Skitty?

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
Me again! Just a few dubbing-questions:

1) WHO does the English dubbing for Pokemon? Do the English directors sit around a big table, watching a muted episode, then figure out what they just said compared to the translation/syllabols (sp?)/random guesses?

2) Since you work alone from the other actors, have you ever discussed Pokemon in public, and have fans rush up for autographs?

Psychic

Really and truly
maddiejoan said:
1) Tea with honey and lemon and I sing random songs in the voice of the character I'm about to do. Meowth's was "Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha.

2) Nope. I've when I did Kirby I even had to have conversations with myself quite often. I can switch voices in a solit second.
Hm, thanks, I'll keep that in mind! Though once my friend had a ton of honey before an audition, and her mouth was practically clamped shut, so she couldn't sing properly!

That's pretty impressive if your voice can change so drastically so quickly! Even moreso if you can make sure all the characters act like they normaly do without getting them all mixed up!

maddiejoan said:
I shouldnt tell you this then --but Dan is spectacularly handsome as well.
o.o Omfg, I LOVE Dan Green! His voice is possibly the sexiest one on earth, and he's one of the main reasons I love Mewtwo and Yami so much (I only found out recently he played both of these sexy boys).
*sighs* And now that I know he's good looking, I have one more reason to think this man is awesome. I'll just try too hard not to swoon if I see a picture of him.

1) Did you get to work with Dan Green a lot, and was he nice to work with?

2) Have you ever met an actor/actress who wasn't nice/fun to work with, who was maybe a bit stuck up or arrogant, abused their 'powers' or you just generally didn't like? (Can be anyone you've ever worked with.)

Again, thank you so much for answering my questions!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
I've a hypothetical question for you, Miss Blaustein. Suppose someone decided to make a live action Pokemon movie and they would like you to reprise your Meowth voice for the film. Would that be possible to do? If so, would you be interested in doing that?

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Kamex said:
1. For the Team Rocket blasting off scenes, do you and Rachel Lillis and Eric Stuart need to be brought in together in the studio at the same time for the dubbing? And for that matter - considering all the times Team Rocket yells or says something together - do you have to do those parts with Ms. Lillis and Mr. Stuart?

2. I understand you voice Solomon Moto, Yugi's grandpa. Well, when I watched the first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Dawn of the Duel, and I got to see young Solomon traveling to the Valley of the Kings and to the Pharaoh's tomb, I was happy to finally see that episode. But Solomon's voice was changed. Well, I was quite disappointed. I know he was younger, but don't you think you could have done his voice? All you'd have to do is make it a little less shaky and a little more firm and deep, or something like that. I simply prefer characters to keep the same VA no matter what age in most situations, and this is one of them. Can you tell me anything about this?

BTW, sorry for such a long paragraph. :p

1) We record them seperately

2)I wanted to do young Solomon. The Producer didn't like the idea for some reason, I'd have done him in a similar voice to the one I used for Bruno from Pokemon.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
plasticeye87 said:
Now I ask my second question, aside from yourself of course do you have another favorite talking cat with an attitude and what are your thoughts on a cartoon called Kyattou Ninden Teyandē better known to us as Samurai Pizza Cats?..and thanks for the bird compliment I feel better now! :D

1) Top Cat.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Hero of legend said:
Hey Maddie,

I read on Wikipedia that 4kids actually dubbed the seizure inducing episode Electric Soldier Porygon, did you or anyone else at 4kids actually watch the episode, or at least the part where the flashing lights happened in the episode?

1) We did --I saw it --didn't have a siezure :)

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Yoshida Amane said:
I've always wanted to see the seizure-inducing episodes. That sounds weird, I know that...but they seem so much more interesting when they're banned.

Hi, Maddie!

I absolutely love your Meowth voice, and I did not know that you voice . I am an aspiring voice actress. What advice do you have for people such as myself who would like to do voice work for an anime?

One more question - have you formed close friendships with your fellow voice actors?

Thanks a bunch! ^^

1) Practice with a Tape recorder. A Lot!

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
SOS! Its Not Healthy.. said:
Thank you for answering my questions. Yeah sorry about the 2nd one, I wasn't sure your were going to answer or not. Yeah, that is difficult when you get roles like Surge. But you just amaze me. But wow, you used to sing. Do you record any songs that you sang? (Sorry if this been asked)

Do you think Meowth should be like a movie star and live the rich mailbu life? I wrote a fanfiction about Meowth being famous that he can talk. I'm still working on it. Because deserves more attention for able to speak and you make his voice so great!

1) Meowth may want to be a movie star and live a rich malibu life --but he's more likely to get a job sweeping floor4s in a pizza parlour in Brooklyn.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
TEAMrocket said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before...BUT I MUST KNOW! >,< I'm a huge Rocketshipper! Do you think that Jessie and James will get together one day?????

I'm a Blue shipper.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
C.A.A.T said:
back when you were studying art in school, did you spend time drawing cartoons? And if so, did you ever encounter any teachers who were intent to believe that cartoons weren't a form of art?

I did huge abstract expressionist paintings along the lines of artists like DeKooning and Franz Kline.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
CosmoFC said:
1)Is it hard syncing with the voice flap? (is that the correct word)

2) What was the first VA job you did? that hit the screens

3) How do you go around becoming a Voice Actor?

1) Not for me, I have a knack for it.

2) I did a lot of sound-alike work dubbing replacement dialogue for movies to get rid of cursing so it could air on television.

3)I made a demo tape and just kept sending it out to recording studios until I started to get some work.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Haruka_The_BlackCat said:
I wish ask you something else, but now I´m so nervous and I don´t what I can ask you…. And I don´t want that all this I´m writing will be unuseful, so I want to give you this Meowth picture I´ve done for you, and I hope you really like it. -> http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33602921/

It's beautiful thank you so much! You are quite talented. I've printed it out to hang on my fridge next to two other lovely pics from Stephanie.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Ash6K said:
Hi Maddie!

I wanted to ask a question that I have in mind (I don't know if it was asked but...):

What pokemon would you like Meowth to have if he was able to catch one?

Thanks! And I hope you get to voice Meowth in the future!

Togepi of course. Darn that Misty for taking away my widdle eggie weggie.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Polursine said:
Me again! Just a few dubbing-questions:

1) WHO does the English dubbing for Pokemon? Do the English directors sit around a big table, watching a muted episode, then figure out what they just said compared to the translation/syllabols (sp?)/random guesses?

2) Since you work alone from the other actors, have you ever discussed Pokemon in public, and have fans rush up for autographs?

1) Kathy Borland does most of that herself --she's an excellent writer and knows how to write perfectly for the right lip flap. She's also hysterically funny.
I don't think Pokemon will be as well written in English without her.

2) Little kids have a knack for hearing my natural voice and knowing I play Meowth. Happens quite frequently when I'm around kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.