• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing

PhoenixFireAssassin
Maddie... god bless the old school VAs. Alright, I'll give this question thing a shot. I know in my life there have been certain defining moments that made me say I want to do this. In your life, what made you say I want to become a voice actor, and what did it take to make that dream a reality?

Cerulean Girl

Cerulean Trainer
Hello Ms. Blaustein! I have asked you a few questions before, but it's been a while, so I'm going to ask another one! I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but it literally takes me a minimum of 3 minutes to get to another page on serebii! Anyway, here's my question:

I was wondering if you and the other original VA's are back on Pokemon. I noticed that in the later episodes of Battle Frontier, the characters sound more like the original voices than they did in the beginning of the season. Also, at the end of each episode, Cartoon Network now credits the original VA's (you, Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis, Eric Stuart, etc.) as being the people who voice the characters on Battle Frontier. If this is true, it would be wonderful! You guys are the TRUE voices behind Pokemon and I will never accept any others!

Thanks so much for your time! BTW, I did check on imdb.com, but I couldn't find any information as to if you all came back to the show. You do such a wonderful job with your Voice Acting! ^_^

~Cerulean Girl

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
In the Pokemon Marathon, you guest stared as Oswald in the episode "Clefairy Tales". How did it feel to be inside the mind of a zany scientist?

I wonder, how come you were never offered to guest star or whatnot in this cartoon? Your voices would've been great for some of the guest characters.

Do you happen to know who voiced Shingo by any chance? I really liked his voice.

TakaNyasu

About Pikachu's gender:

I'm gonna have to be in the minority and say that Pikachu's female. There's proof, too: In Japan, Nyasu sings a song to Pikachu, "Hey Pikachu", that had lyrics such as "our feelings. . .can they only be understood by us?" and "I want to hold you like a girl". He even called Pikachu cute!

We already know that Meowth is straight, thanks to episodes such as "The Problem with Paras", "Go West Young Meowth", and "A Little Skitty" (the last one being from "Pokemon Chronicles"). So Pikachu must be a girl.

Unless Meowth's bi. But something in me doubts that.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Meowth clearly has a thing for Giovanni. So that kinda makes him bi by rule. But once you start crossing species lines, like that and for Cassandra, gender really doesn't matter so much any more. Besides, Maddie's already said she likes Meowth/James.

Anzua2

About Pikachu's gender:

I'm gonna have to be in the minority and say that Pikachu's female. There's proof, too: In Japan, Nyasu sings a song to Pikachu, "Hey Pikachu", that had lyrics such as "our feelings. . .can they only be understood by us?" and "I want to hold you like a girl". He even called Pikachu cute!

We already know that Meowth is straight, thanks to episodes such as "The Problem with Paras", "Go West Young Meowth", and "A Little Skitty" (the last one being from "Pokemon Chronicles"). So Pikachu must be a girl.

Unless Meowth's bi. But something in me doubts that.

Also, people seem to forget the "Polka O Dolka" ending. The two dance and both of them seem to enjoy it. Even more obvious is that Pikachu is letting Meowth lead. Normally, the male is supposed to be the lead.

Ralli

Also, people seem to forget the "Polka O Dolka" ending. The two dance and both of them seem to enjoy it. Even more obvious is that Pikachu is letting Meowth lead. Normally, the male is supposed to be the lead.

There's no rule or law that the male is has to lead, however, that and if it's two guys, SOMEONE has to be the one not leading. :p

And in reference to TakaNyasu's message, just because some of Meowth's infatuations were female, doesn't mean he HAS to be straight. Pikachu very well could be a guy because Nyaasu calling Pikachu cute and wanting to hold it (oh god it's such a sweet song, even if I'm a rabid Blueshipper and personally I can't see him straight; like Maddie said in an earlier post, Meowth's so wanting to be loved that he doesn't have much bias and it's shown :p as in his obsession with Giovanni...like...like the honey fantasy...*shudder*) doesn't automatically rule it out; there's a good chance Meowth's bisexual anyway.

Anzua2

Hey Maddie, don't you also do the voice of Grandpa from Yugioh? I thought I saw your name in the credits of the Yugioh movie as the voice actor for him.

I would assume she does, as she plays him in every other adaption.

Rooreelooo

Hey Maddie!

I haven't seen you here for a few pages, and I guess that means you don't come here so often, but I'd like to ask a question just for the hey of it.

I read through all the pages (all 100 or so) and I haven't seen this asked anywhere, so I hope it's a fresh question for you. I'd hate for you to repeat yourself any more so than you already have.

Anyway, you're friends with all the other VA's, I gather. Do you ever listen to Eric Stuart's music? I checked out his MySpace page yesterday (I also checked out yours - thanks for accepting me as a friend!) and he's quite good. It's novel hearing him sing because, as he said on the commentry for 4Ever, his natural voice sounds a lot like Brock's.

So do you have his CD's? Have you ever been to see the Eric Stuart Band? I like to imagine that you and all the other VA's go to see him perform.

Have a great day!
Poi

Captain Brain

I thought it pertinent to post in here letting everyone that you don't have to be like Rooreeloo and read all 0ne-hundred pages to see her answers or look in the now closed SOVA thread to see Maddie's responses. You can look here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=122215 just read posts one and eight as they are the posts that contain her responses. Enjoy and be sure to post any mistakes or recommendations you see beneficial or need of my attention. ;025;

AnimeDutchess

Mew's Chosen Otaku
Oh, wow...the original Meowth...this is so cool! Maddie-San, lemme start off by saying that I miss your voice coming from Meowth! T.T And I never knew that you did Corphish...that's cool that you were inspired by your parrot. ^^

I actually really like those two Boss-Fantasies you wrote on here; they're really good! I write fics, so...it's kinda cool seeing VAs writing stuff, too! ^^

Anyway, my question...since you love Meowth so much...if it were possible for you to meet him in real life, and you did, what would you say to him?

If you don't answer, it's okay; I understand that you're really busy...but it's awesome that you take the time to post here in the first place! ^^

lord mada

is cartoon network having a break from showing new episodes for a while "cooking up a sweet story" seems to be the last one for a while

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
is cartoon network having a break from showing new episodes for a while "cooking up a sweet story" seems to be the last one for a while

LOL. She doesn't even work on the show any more, why would she know something like that? Think before you post next time.

lord mada

it was a question to anyone who might know this is a q&a thread

think before you criticise

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
No, this is Q&A with *one person*. It's not a general Q&A topic at all.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Maddie... god bless the old school VAs.
Well, I'd like to add to that statement. Maddie, you did an excellent performance as Meowth in the mini-movie "Gotta Dance!". It brings down the house so much, it's been in my iTunes library as a video. Major kudos!

kaji_kun

hi ^_^ i thought id use my first post to ask a question.yay!

1. Ive noticed that whenever a song that appears in the show *ex. the team rocket motto song* it always gets translated and then sung very off key despite the original song being done perfectly and despite the
musical talents of the voice actors *ex. Erik stewart has his own band/ racheal for irish bands* is that on purpose?

2. when u erik and racheal are in a room together do you ever feel the random urge to say the TR motto?(stupid i know its all i could think of @_@)

3. have u seen little kuriboh yugioh parody? if so do you think he does a good job of solomen moto's voice?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
1. Ive noticed that whenever a song that appears in the show *ex. the team rocket motto song* it always gets translated and then sung very off key despite the original song being done perfectly and despite the
musical talents of the voice actors *ex. Erik stewart has his own band/ racheal for irish bands* is that on purpose?

Probably because they aren't good singers...

Haing a band=/=good singer.

Plus you have to realize the people need to sing as their characters, which is harder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.