• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I've heard Stuart's band, he's pretty good. But yeah, singing in his normal voice (which sounds more like Brock) isn't the same as singing as James. Which is probably why Two Perfect Girls sounded really good.

PamperedPersian1

All right, so I have a few questions also:

1.) How do you stay as Meowth so long, while singing (such as Nobody Don't Like Christmas, The Best at Being the Worst and the most famous, Double Trouble) since, as you stated before, it's very hard to do for even a short time?

2.) And also, do you like playing bad guys or good guys better?

Last edited:

DieChavsDie

How do you feel when you watch the Anime, and not hear the Old Team Rocket Motto (Because the new one sucks)

Also, I think whoever Dubbs the anime is stupid for getting rid of you. You were the heart and soul of Pokemon, and the reason I watched.

DieChavsDie

Oh, I didnt know that.

Still, original Motto >>>>>>>>>>>>>> New Motto

PamperedPersian1

I actually like the new motto, the old one made them sound like they were the good guys! "To protect the world from devastation!" Now, the new one, "Dashing hope putting fear in it's place!" "When everything's worse, our work is complete" Doesn't that sound much more evil?

Last edited:

Anzua2

I think that was the point.

Maddie Blaustein? Wow, it's great to see you here. :D I have enjoyed your voicework ever since second grade, when I saw the first episode you did Meowth's voice (I didn't like it at first but now the old voice doesn't sound right, I just got too used to your voice and I think it's much better now), and I just want to say thanks for staying with Pokémon as long as you did and staying voicing Meowth so well. I really adore how cute you make him sound sometimes. <3 Anyways, really great to see you here.

But there's something I must ask you. My favorite episode of Pokémon was the Porygon episode, but as you know that was banned. However, Porygon is my favorite Pokémon and it was a shame I could never see a translation. Although I read somewhere that you said you translated the episode but it still never aired, but I've also heard a lot of conflicting rumors about it. Could you tell me more about what happened? Like, did they remove the strobe effects and just decided to not put it on, or did they just keep it as it is? Also, I heard that Misty and Jessie's voice actor(s) refused to do the episode because they were worried about kids getting seizures. But if you did dub the episode, what did you do about them? Were they played by somebody else or was that rumor false? Anyways, sorry to bug you, especially if you don't know the answers, I'd just love to hear what happened with that episode. Thank you! :)

Maddie Blaustein? Wow, it's great to see you here. :D I have enjoyed your voicework ever since second grade, when I saw the first episode you did Meowth's voice (I didn't like it at first but now the old voice doesn't sound right, I just got too used to your voice and I think it's much better now), and I just want to say thanks for staying with Pokémon as long as you did and staying voicing Meowth so well. I really adore how cute you make him sound sometimes. <3 Anyways, really great to see you here.

But there's something I must ask you. My favorite episode of Pokémon was the Porygon episode, but as you know that was banned. However, Porygon is my favorite Pokémon and it was a shame I could never see a translation. Although I read somewhere that you said you translated the episode but it still never aired, but I've also heard a lot of conflicting rumors about it. Could you tell me more about what happened? Like, did they remove the strobe effects and just decided to not put it on, or did they just keep it as it is? Also, I heard that Misty and Jessie's voice actor(s) refused to do the episode because they were worried about kids getting seizures. But if you did dub the episode, what did you do about them? Were they played by somebody else or was that rumor false? Anyways, sorry to bug you, especially if you don't know the answers, I'd just love to hear what happened with that episode. Thank you! :)

Denjuu

What's the buzz?
Hello, Ms. Balustein. I have two questions:

1. Who's your favorite Team Rocket Pokemon and why?
2. I just watched the Pokemon short, "Gotta Dance". I've been wondering, who wrote the dubbed lyrics to that "Pokeparty Dance" song?

Cobalt_Latios

I've heard Stuart's band, he's pretty good. But yeah, singing in his normal voice (which sounds more like Brock) isn't the same as singing as James. Which is probably why Two Perfect Girls sounded really good.
Tell me about it. I listened to that and sounded more like him for what it's worth. But yeah, singing and voice actor are somewhat different. Both use your voice, but in singing you need to maintain it for long streaks. Voice Acting, you need to maintain it, but not as long. Pretty decent song if you ask me. It's quite funny to hear him like that. Too bad he couldn't of done that for his dance/song running gag. Or maybe that would've been too much.

~C_L~

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi Maddie,

Long time Pokémon fan
I've read that you and the Pokémon VA's Voiced the Playstation 1 game Valkyrie Profile. They ported to the PSP, under the name Valkyrie Profile: Lennith.

Did they keep your voices in the game?
I'm not sure if that is a twerpish voice I hear?
It's shrieking to me loud and clear.
Melting on the wind...
Past the stars...
In your ...

Wait up! This is not Motto Recital night..

Paradise Sky

Muahaha.
Hi Maddie,

Long time Pokémon fan
I've read that you and the Pokémon VA's Voiced the Playstation 1 game Valkyrie Profile. They ported to the PSP, under the name Valkyrie Profile: Lennith.

If it's not a Pokémon game, then I doubt it...

Did they keep your voices in the game?
I'm not sure if that is a twerpish voice I hear?
It's shrieking to me loud and clear.
Melting on the wind...
Past the stars...
In your ...

Wait up! This is not Motto Recital night..

(Though I am not one of them), you probably just upset a lot of fans and voice actors when you said the new motto.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
If it's not a Pokémon game, then I doubt it...

Dude, these VAs work on a ton of non-Pokemon and even non-4Kids productions. Blaustein was indeed a voice in Valkerye Profile.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
(Though I am not one of them), you probably just upset a lot of fans and voice actors when you said the new motto.

I highly doubt it. The motto changed in the original as well, so obviously the dub changed it as well. Not too mention they changed it during 4kids run as well for the few BF episodes they did.

If people get upset over changing a motto, then their being whiny.

Kariba

Probably because they aren't good singers...

Haing a band=/=good singer.

Plus you have to realize the people need to sing as their characters, which is harder as well.

I think the person meant "why is the song translated and sung with a different melody." They're not sung off-key, except when Meowth does that intentionally for comic effect. The voice actors don't come up with the tunes, the adaptors do (I would think). And Eric, Rachel and Maddie are great singers.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Maddie's not a good singer just judging by that....it sounded like Meowth, but I wouldn't call Gotta Dance a great judgement of her singing talent. I don't think Maddie will win the MTV award for Greatest Male Singer anytime soon...oh, wait.

I dunno about Eric or Rachael though.

The voice actors don't come up with the tunes, the adaptors do

Well, if you mean Gotta Dance, that was just a dubbed version of the song Polka Dolka. Well, it was the same tune, totally different words. I like the original one better, since I think Inuyama has a cute voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.