• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyRobot

....*eyetwitch*

Why am I always such a late bloomer???

*bangs head against wall*

Edit: Uh... Anyways... *blush*

I don't have any questions right now....^^; Hn...

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
If I recall correctly, that line is from the episode where Ash faces Koga?

Out of all the new Pokemon from the Sinnoh Region, which one(s) do you wish you could be providing the voice(s) for and why?

This is more of a general question but why is it that the only Pokemon Veronica Taylor voiced was Diglett when most of you other majors voiced many?

Wish I could have voiced Perap. He looks like my parrot Jake :)

Hamstar

o snp.
Here's a random question that just came to mind xD

What do you think Meowth would look like if he were human? =o

Jorah

What do I put here?
OMG...hi! I've been wanting to ask something for ages since my favourite character is Meowth (he actually is, I'm not trying to suck up lol) but I didn't know what. Well, I thought of something.

When you first started to dub Meowth, can you remember what your thoughts on him were? Did you find him annoying or weird, or liked him striaght away? I mean, its not every day that you get to be a voice for a talking cat, it must have been different.

....*eyetwitch*

Why am I always such a late bloomer???

*bangs head against wall*

Edit: Uh... Anyways... *blush*

I don't have any questions right now....^^; Hn...

Your sig is soo cute! *saved*

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Here's a random question that just came to mind xD

What do you think Meowth would look like if he were human? =o

Meowth would look just like me. (At least for the first 8 seasons)

OMG...hi! I've been wanting to ask something for ages since my favourite character is Meowth (he actually is, I'm not trying to suck up lol) but I didn't know what. Well, I thought of something.

When you first started to dub Meowth, can you remember what your thoughts on him were? Did you find him annoying or weird, or liked him striaght away? I mean, its not every day that you get to be a voice for a talking cat, it must have been different.

Love at first sight.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
OK, this is going to sound stupid, but it just came back to me. Years ago, during the show's first few years, there was an interview circulating around with someone claiming to be you. Did you ever go by the name "MeowthMouth" for an online chat?

Strangely, that's the only part I remember, nothing about the chat's content.

Hamstar

o snp.
@maddie-- lol I could imagine that xD

HikariTajiri

Back! =D
THIS IS COOL!!!! OK, my questions-

1) Have you ever met Kunihiko Yuyama? (Original anime director)

2) Do you know why Meowth has some sort of coin on his head? (I think it's a yen)

Thanks! I'm a big fan..... Meowth has the best voice ever!!!

CandyRobot

I always enjoy watching the other actors when they are working :)

My last line recorded as Meowth was in "Pasta La Vista"

I slipped in "We're Blaustein off agaiiiiiiiiiiiin."

*LOL* ;052;

Ralli

Yee! Maddie!

A question that randomly popped up...

I remember you mentioning that you were a Blueshipper- was there any point that it crossed your mind? A scene, an episode..? I'm guilty of being a Meowth/James fan, what can I say, so 'course I'm curious.

And another random thing- I always swoon over your Meowth's voice. XD Sexy voice *ducks* Just. Eee. I grew up idolizing Meowth and related to him so much (losers gotta stick together, being called a freak, royally ditched by crushes- granted, that's basically any childhood but dangit, I related) and his more philosophical moments were just stuck in my head from the movies (those always imprinted on me more)- I could always (and still) recite his great softy lines in the first movie, and my favorite with the Mewtwo Returns movie. Your voice and take on him was just perfect. Just reflected his silliness, his bouts of kindness (mommy Meowth will always be my favorite; especially when he got to beat James over the head with a frying pan for the eating-the-Togepi-egg thing), badassness (who doesn't love when he used to be able to Fury Swipes other characters? the cat's got serious claws going on), vulnerability, humor, etc so great. That weird mix of quirks in his personality (what can I say, it makes a well-rounded character, if not a nutty one- but by god that's why we love the little guy) was just so easy to believe when he'd swing between them (again, doting-mommy to DAMMITMYEGGBABY D:<*FRYINGPAN*****SLAP*).

...memoriiiiiieeess~

...honest to goodness I didn't mean to go on a tangent. Holy crap.

TakaNyasu

I agree 100% with Ralli.

Your Meowth voice = ear sex

Oh, my. I can't believe that I'm actually admitting my guilty pleasure to you. People would think me weird, a soon to be nineteen year old who has a thing for. . .nevermind.

TinyToons288

TAJ No Longer Working On PokeMon

I Have a question for you Maddie I found this on the other forums Okay, I just found out some very freaky news. I contacted TAJ Productions (you know, who PUSA hired to replace 4Kids), asking if they'd be working on other Nintendo things like the Aimal Crossing movie. Anyway, Larry Juris e-mailed me back, saying the following:

Quote:
Thanks you. Unfortunately we will no longer be doing Pokemon. They have
hired another company. We would love to do the [Animal Crossing] movie if we knew who to
contact
Thanks
TAJ Productions

If this is true, what's it mean? Will it call for another casting change? Is the 10th movie still set to be released? And how long will it take for more new episodes to be dubbed? If this is true does that mean you will work on PokeMon again?

TakaNyasu

Ok, serious question. I've been surfing the forums of Democratic Underground and noticed a user named "maddiejoan". Is that you?

Also, do you have an account on Broadwayworld? What is it called?

EDIT: Holy crap! If that is you on DU, those Obama-bots are treating you horribly! If I wasn't an independant, I'd register myself and stand up for you.

Last edited:

Homsar36

I don't know if anyone's asked this yet or not, but with Super Smash Brothers Brawl commign out, do you know if they're going to get the original anime voice actors to voice the Pokemon like the Pokemon Trainers Pokemon, or the Poke Ball Pokemon or if they're going to use the origianl ones, because I saw that they put Meowth back in it, and to be perfectly honest, these new voice actors really irritate me.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I don't know if anyone's asked this yet or not, but with Super Smash Brothers Brawl commign out, do you know if they're going to get the original anime voice actors to voice the Pokemon like the Pokemon Trainers Pokemon, or the Poke Ball Pokemon or if they're going to use the origianl ones, because I saw that they put Meowth back in it, and to be perfectly honest, these new voice actors really irritate me.

Nintendo has asked at least one VA to remove "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" or Japanese that Sounds like "Dairanto Sumasshu Burazozu Ekkusu" off the VA's offical site. This is probably just until Launch of the Game or Press releases announcing the fact, like the US Launch/Smash Dojo in this case.

Whilst Meowth was announced before the Japanese Launch yesterday, but I don't remembering hearing him. Chances are, Nyarth is voiced Inuko Inuyama, then Maddie Blaustein or Jimmy Zoppi may have had their voice used. My Money is on the credit to Billy Beach (aka Zoppi).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.