• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
How many characters of the day did you play altogether? How many Pokemon?

What do you do to prepare yourself before you start recording for each character?

I remember hearing that you played Lt. Surge. Did you feel embarassed having to keep calling Ash a "baby"?

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
Hey Maddie, I have a very important question.

There are rumors going on that 4Kids' contract is ending as early as this month, is this true?

Thanks a bunch!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
There are rumors going on that 4Kids' contract is ending as early as this month, is this true?

4Kids stopped doing Pokémon about 2 years ago, and there has been news that TAJ Productions have been taken off the Dub too.

Maddie has stated that her last Episode was PASTA LA VISTA and her last Film was the Lucario one.

As for other work I don't keep track off.

Shiny Rokon

Hi, I have a few questions for you Maddie. Do you still keep in touch with the old voice actors or did you form friendships through all those years of working together, or don't you see much of each other when you used to do recording sessions? The other thing is, of all the old voice actors do they still like pokemon or play the games? Is there a particular voice actor who is a big fan of the games?

LuciRuki

Born This Way
Hey Maddie, I have a really interesting question that has been bothering me for a while.

Even though you don't voice Meowth or any other characters, what would happen if the Pokemon Company came out with a game that revolves around the character of Meowth? Would you be able to voice it?

-LuciRuki-

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
What was the favorite part when you dubbed as Meowth?

Mezase Master

Get to da ze!
Maddie Blaustein? Wow, it's great to see you here. :D I have enjoyed your voicework ever since second grade, when I saw the first episode you did Meowth's voice (I didn't like it at first but now the old voice doesn't sound right, I just got too used to your voice and I think it's much better now), and I just want to say thanks for staying with Pokémon as long as you did and staying voicing Meowth so well. I really adore how cute you make him sound sometimes. <3 Anyways, really great to see you here.

But there's something I must ask you. My favorite episode of Pokémon was the Porygon episode, but as you know that was banned. However, Porygon is my favorite Pokémon and it was a shame I could never see a translation. Although I read somewhere that you said you translated the episode but it still never aired, but I've also heard a lot of conflicting rumors about it. Could you tell me more about what happened? Like, did they remove the strobe effects and just decided to not put it on, or did they just keep it as it is? Also, I heard that Misty and Jessie's voice actor(s) refused to do the episode because they were worried about kids getting seizures. But if you did dub the episode, what did you do about them? Were they played by somebody else or was that rumor false? Anyways, sorry to bug you, especially if you don't know the answers, I'd just love to hear what happened with that episode. Thank you! :)
What he said.

Have you voiced anyone in another anime,Maddie?
For God's sake, just check her wikipedia article.

Hey, if TR is constantly broke, than why, in the third movie, did you break the fourth wall and say that if you had let Ash die you would have been out of business?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
For God's sake, just check her wikipedia article.

Hey, if TR is constantly broke, than why, in the third movie, did you break the fourth wall and say that if you had let Ash die you would have been out of business?

Team Rocket is referring to the Show Business (TV and Movie). It's saying that Ash (With Pikachu) is the Star of show. Team Rocket would have trouble keeping a series going on their own.

(Team Rocket later when on to do TWO entire episodes without Ash, Meowth alone got a few more with Pichu and Pichu.)

It's worth noting that Ash(Satoshi) mentioned by name in the Japanese Intros. Dawn(Hikari) is mentioned on the DP intros.

OtakuMegan

Poke Musical Trainer
Hi Miss Blaustein! I was wondering, when I was 10, Pokemon Live! came to Radio City Music Hall, and my mom bought tickets. Now I know that they had a completely different cast than that of the voice actors, but I wanted to know if you played Meowth in Pokemon Live!?

I'm just recently reliving my obsession with Pokemon, rewatching the first season and the first four movies. OMG MEMORIES.

And! I'm a fellow New Yorker, I actually go to school in the city! I'm also planning on attending Purchase, so we have more in common than I thought! :D

::crosses fingers that I'll see you one day::

SaveOurPokemon

Original Series Fan
Brawl VA's

Nintendo has asked at least one VA to remove "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" or Japanese that Sounds like "Dairanto Sumasshu Burazozu Ekkusu" off the VA's offical site. This is probably just until Launch of the Game or Press releases announcing the fact, like the US Launch/Smash Dojo in this case.

Whilst Meowth was announced before the Japanese Launch yesterday, but I don't remembering hearing him. Chances are, Nyarth is voiced Inuko Inuyama, then Maddie Blaustein or Jimmy Zoppi may have had their voice used. My Money is on the credit to Billy Beach (aka Zoppi).

Well, as it turns out Meowth doesn't actually say anything in the game.

Also, while several of the new VAs are voices in the game (Including Zoppi (who is Billy Beach, right on!), Jamie Peacock/Kayzie Rogers, Bill Rogers, and Michele Knotz. She voiced the Pokemon Trainer (unfortunately), and Sean Schemmel voiced Lucario.

Thankfully, Rachael Lillis returned to voice Jigglypuff! She is the only original dub Voice Actor in the credits. I wonder why? Probably because she voiced Jiggs in the last two games.

IloveLucy

Hi, first i wanna thank you for having respect to your characters voice I only know you and Wayne Allwine (Mickey Mouse) who truly had respect

Q- Do you feel Pokemon will be remember in 50 years?

(compare to I Love Lucy which is still celebrated since its premier on 1951)

Q- If you could give meowth a Pokemon to own who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.